• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Crash Bandicoot is raking in all the dough. Well deserved for the best kart racer of all-time.

DUQAQsj.jpg

Thanks to Arta for the screenshot.

Oct 25, 2017
With all those players you think they could afford to fix that racist skin they put out there

EDIT: Nevermind, they did! That's fantastic

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I assume that's also only people who have played since the Grand Prix started ?

Plus yeah its only ps4 . Safe to assume it's much higher

AndyVirus

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
And this is just people who've played it since the Grand Prix started and connected to online. Admittedly, that'll be most, but still.

Kerotan

Banned
Oct 31, 2018
Looks like the ps4 version is dominating the sales. Sales will be strong on ps4 and Switch this holiday. Myself and the buddies are buying it then.

Mezoly

Jimbo Replacement
Oct 25, 2017
I think this only counts players who have logged in once the Grand Prix started.

Oct 27, 2017
I still find it so interesting how Crash was gone for almost a decade, and these remakes come out and they sell millions. Well deserved too, they're great games, and the new content Beenox has started to add in has also been fantastic (albeit sort of tiring to obtain through Wumpa Coins and Nitro).

Definitely am interested in seeing what they do with both this game and the franchise from here on out.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Man this game is selling like crazy on PS4 as expected. I'm surprised Xbox One is higher than Switch though honestly.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
I still find it so interesting how Crash was gone for almost a decade, and these remakes come out and they sell millions. Well deserved too, they're great games, and the new content Beenox has started to add in has also been fantastic (albeit sort of tiring to obtain through Wumpa Coins and Nitro).

Definitely am interested in seeing what they do with both this game and the franchise from here on out.

Never was much of a shock, atleast here in the Uk.

People forget just how popular the PlayStation brand is and how integral crash was too that. Like think about it, the playstation 1 outsold the N64 by like 60 Million Units and crash was the mascot for that. To me and many other people, crash is our mario.

But I am shocked at just how big of a reach crash revival has been. People who never talk about games and only play fifa and cod where buying and talking about it, saw so many snapchat stories day 1 of people playing it.

OrionStarri

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain the top 5% thing for the Champion Kart to me? Which leaderboard is it based on?
It is based off of both leaderboards, counted as two seperate ones, so even if your not in the top 5% of one leaderboard but you are in the other, you can still get the kart

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Man this game is selling like crazy on PS4 as expected. I'm surprised Xbox One is higher than Switch though honestly.

Most likely because

1.) Neither Microsoft or Sony have a kart-racing game of their own (just arcade &/or simulator racers), &

2.) Nintendo has Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, which without the shadow of a doubt, has a ton of more players than all three versions of Crash Team Racing combined.

Last edited:

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I wonder what the lifetime figures will be?

I don't expect it to match astronomical levels like N. Sane but I can see this still selling well regardless.

OP
OP
Lady Bow

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Mario kart being on Switch should just help other kart racers to sell more as it means there is huge audience for them on the console. Just like Halo used to help FPS games to sell more on Xbox than on other consoles.
Launching close to Super Mario Maker 2 probably didn't help sales either.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Really wonder how well the player base holds

A lot of folks were drawn in by nostalgia for the original, like me, but God damn this game is frustrating

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
But Crash doesn't have any appeal anymore?/s

Great to see the game doing good with how much care they obviously put into it.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Been watching it go up the past weeks. Only solidifies my sub-5% standing in the leaderboard :)

Great game, likely on my top 5 of all time (replacing the original).

Kraq

Oct 25, 2017
Going by the recent Reddit thread documenting the leaderboards and challenges, if we were to add up the total number of people who've participated in the Grand Prix on all platforms combined, we would have a grand total of at least 1.4 million people who've played (bought) the game. If we add the number of people across all platforms who either: haven't played since the GP started; who have bought the game but have yet to open it; and those who have never connected online, I think a reasonable conclusion is that the game has sold about 1.5m copies in the space of a month. That sounds pretty good to me.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
I'm so far behind in the ranking lol I can't play every day, and when I play it's just less then 2hrs at night, and when I do I suck at it lol so yeah. I can't even afford the special outfits of the girls, so I just focused on getting them separately to make sure I was able to get at least the characters (since I don't know if I'll keep paying for the online membership after this month).