• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
54604e9a2dfd69c7cacef0faf07b2189b9f31c746655590e011a533eb7f79b8d.jpg

D8L5KQMXkAAx5Ko.jpg:large

Thanks to Twitter users NWPlayer123 and CJMK3000, it was found today that the eShop listing for Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled was updated with some new info and especially what file size it will be at (5.7GB), here are the details:
  • According to the CDN listing, the game's full size is 6,043MB (6GB~) or 5,906MB but the eShop displays it as 5.7GB
    • N. Sane Trilogy was 5.2GB, was ported by Toys for Bob
    • We don't know yet who's responsible for this port
  • This might be a bit too early to judge upon, but the game apparently supports video capture
  • Just like on the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, the game supports up to 4 players locally and up to 8 players online
    • Like with many games, online multiplayer requires the purchase of the Nintendo Switch Online subscription
  • Play modes that it supports are: Docked, multiplayer kickstand and in Handheld mode in addition to the Pro Controller being supported
  • It also supports Save Data Cloud Backups, contrary to what some people noted
  • For some reason, some languages and variations are not listed (fact sheet)
    • The only languages listed are: English, Spanish, French, Portuguese, German, Italian and Japanese
    • The languages/variations that aren't listed are: Arabic, Latin American Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese
  • The icon used is the iconic CTR logo with Crash holding the trophy with the circle and gray flag background (displayed below)
Switch Icon from the CDN:
2d3a8a607035949011e21bed9823db8fd2a87be188de5626fd56e23d088afdc7.jpg

At the moment, the game isn't up for preorder yet (I think, somebody can check on that) and I assume this means that preloading is probably coming in the next few days/weeks ahead of release (We're only less than 20 days away!). If there's anything that needs to be added or corrected, let me know.

Last edited:

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
I hope it's a great port for those picking up the game on Switch!
That's not a bad file size at all, either!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I hope the other consoles get the same icon. The Crash N'Sane icon is fucking disgusting

BTW, for comparison, the big console versions are around 15GB.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I can't wait!
--The file size on Switch being that smaller compared to Xbox One and PS4 was expected, seeing how N. Sane Trilogy was handled; I'm very happy with video capture enable too :p

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, surprised there's a max of 8 players but I guess that's all versions. Mario Kart 8 has up to 12 but I suppose the old CTR tracks were only built for eight.

Phil32

Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, surprised there's a max of 8 players but I guess that's all versions. Mario Kart 8 has up to 12 but I suppose the old CTR tracks were only built for eight.

I think it would have affected the game balance adding four more racers in CTR, which wouldn't be true to the original anyway.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
yeah they are sticking true to the old version, that and alot of work would be needed to rework the tracks to fit more racers

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
worth bringing out the we got just a couple of screenshots of the Switch version; --and here a comparison with the PS4/Xbox One version:

PS4/Xbox One
8d3JHCI.jpg

Switch
s8Yj689.jpg

pretty competent if you ask me; just like N. Sane Trilogy they just disabled some effects like fur textures and they got less detailed models. That with the fact the game runs 30fps in every system, there's little to none to worry about on Switch front

MesaEterna

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Latin American spanish?? This is awesome! N. Sane Trilogy only included castilian spanish, and castilian voice acting too sadly

Last edited:

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
worth bringing out the we got just a couple of screenshots of the Switch version; --and here a comparison with the PS4/Xbox One version:

PS4/Xbox One
8d3JHCI.jpg

Switch
s8Yj689.jpg

pretty competent if you ask me; just like N. Sane Trilogy they just disabled some effects like fur textures and they got less detailed models. That with the fact the game runs 30fps in every system, there's little to none to worry about on Switch front
Those have been up on Amazon for a while but so far so good.