• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Nocturnowl

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around to fully finishing adventure mode, relic races are great, CTR token races are a not so great silver coin challenge.

On the whole despite carrying over a number of distinctly outdated issues from the original game, this is a really fun single player game.
I don't rate the online experience much at all though.
No idea about local unfortunately, I suppose I can draw from the few occasions I played the PS1 original locally.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
50820590.jpg

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
There, I just finished my original goal of completing the GP prize track and getting all the new character bundles in the shop. Sitting nicely at top 2% still so I think I can sit back and maybe do a challenge here or there to ensure I maintain in the top 5%.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
There, I just finished my original goal of completing the GP prize track and getting all the new character bundles in the shop. Sitting nicely at top 2% still so I think I can sit back and maybe do a challenge here or there to ensure I maintain in the top 5%.

I'm currently at 1.4% and feeling good. Just unlocked Oxide's Kart and got 101% in adventure mode. Now those N.Tropy time trials.....yeah, that'll be fun.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
With the GP close to end, I still need to get the Rocket kart and its tires, and buy the Le Chaux from the Pit Stop. Anything else I'm not too worried to miss out.

I got all the Nitro Girls without their Motorsport skins too, because I was trying to manage my money with still so many CNK characters to buy.

-- I'm excited for the next event, but I sure hope it doesn't start right away after this one. We rarely see any of other characters online, and seems it's gonna be that way if everyone wants their Nitro Points.. almost feel no one is really playing with characters they want.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
It's been a whole month, okay?

So, why is Beenox not fixing the most important issues that they're aware of? And why are they not fully or properly fixing? Why is no one outraged by this? Are they not worried about the droves of people quitting the game and giving it bad reviews/impressions?!

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

So, why is Beenox not fixing the most important issues that they're aware of? And why are they not fully or properly fixing? Why is no one outraged by this? Are they not worried about the droves of people quitting the game and giving it bad reviews/impressions?!
Honestly because I haven't seen half the issues people complain about. I'm also curious where are you seeing droves of people leaving the game lol.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly because I haven't seen half the issues people complain about. I'm also curious where are you seeing droves of people leaving the game lol.
It's very stressful for me because I look for content to post and I have to keep up with stuff and manage a Discord in order to be on the top of my game, as a fan on top of it. I'm seeing people on Twitter complaining about the game, some reviewers disliking the game in their own final reviews and seeing people in the Discord that I manage always arguing constantly about the game's issues, even to the point of some stop playing the game.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Um, they have been fixing the big issues?

- They patched out ultra cuts like the Thunderstruck one that was intefering with Online Races.
- They renamed all of outfit names that could have been seen as Racially insensitive
- They added in the Velo Mask for characters under the Velo Banner.

I wouldn't say they are doing nothing at all, there are still some problems to fix (Where's N. Trance Beenox? He's the last character I need from the store.) but they've been working at a fairly good pace.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Um, they have been fixing the big issues?

- They patched out ultra cuts like the Thunderstruck one that was interfering with Online Races.
- They renamed all of outfit names that could have been seen as Racially insensitive
- They added in the Velo Mask for characters under the Velo Banner.

I wouldn't say they are doing nothing at all, there are still some problems to fix (Where's N. Trance Beenox? He's the last character I need from the store.) but they've been working at a fairly good pace.
There's still some really major issues that are left to be fixed, like:
  • Fixing the crashes that occur in the game as a whole (usually seems to be the case in online)
  • Fixing the save corruption issue outside of Time Trials on all platforms
  • Fixing more online issues such as the audio balance/cutoffs, inconsistent matchmaking and randomizer, etc
  • Fleshing out the online with more modes and transitioning it to Dedicated instead of P2P
    • This is not needed but, it would make the game much better if it was crossplay compatible
  • Aku Aku's theme has not been fixed to match the Uka Uka one
  • Joining friends is still broken or very basic to the point of not being up to snuff
  • The game lying about the actual stats of racers, like the original and some maybe not feeling like the original handling (?, not sure)
  • Sewer Speedway and many other time trials are not exactly fixed (including collision and momentum slope physics/scripts)
  • Some people are saying that this game does not have proper checkpointing or does not have one at all (time trial related)
  • Grand Prix challenges to some people seem quite grindy and some bits have incorrect variable names (remember KARTNAME_A/KARTNAME_B thing?)
  • Game still requires online to use Wumpa Coins, a component that can be easily implemented offline completely (can still keep the increased reward online or make it more fair offline)

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Dang I hope the GP prizes go to the Pit Stop relatively quickly. The grind for the Tawna costume is just too much for me so I gave up.

Ready for the next one though. It was fun unlocking the first two tiers and the characters.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm two unlocks away from Tawna costume and I want to stop, it's draining.
Dang I hope the GP prizes go to the Pit Stop relatively quickly. The grind for the Tawna costume is just too much for me so I gave up.

Ready for the next one though. It was fun unlocking the first two tiers and the characters.
Let's say they charge for GP items going to the Pit Stop, what would you find an acceptable cost?

Terraforce

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017

Let's say they charge for GP items going to the Pit Stop, what would you find an acceptable cost?
For the things already in the shop (like the costumes and characters other than Tawna) I'm hoping they'd remain the same price just appear in the Pt Stop far less frequently. For the tiered awards I hope they get no more than a 50% price hike from the normal prices for characters/costumes/etc.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
The only oxide times I need now are all pretty annoying-
Sewer Speedway
Polar Pass
Dragon Mines
Oxide Station
Deep Sea Driving
Tiny Temple

Tiny Temple is fun, I came really close a few times but keep fucking up the third lap. I'm really sick of restarting sewer because I can't do the shortcut on the first lap

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Gamexplain did a load time comparison on the switch.

Interesting to note, loading in Crash Cove on Time Trail or Relic Race mode will load the map in 20 seconds, while it takes 35 seconds for a normal race. This seems to mean loading in 7 other players puts a flat 15 seconds on top of the track load time, oof.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah. I'm not having any fun with the GP stuff. There's a ton of stuff I don't want to do like all the battle mode shit. The fact that you can either go for max nitro or coin payouts but not for both at the same time is annoying as hell. I guess that's intended though because the player has to invest more time this way. I like to race, that's about it. It's so poorly designed. I already got Motorsport Tawna but I definitely won't play the next GPs if this doesn't change. I already feel burnt out.

Then all the bugs. The melting characters, the crashes on Xbox...

Don't get me started on the netcode. Often bombs roll right through me. Or I get hit by invisible shit.

The netcode is garbage and feels like early 360 days. I went through my list of played racing games and I honestly didn't find any that had online multiplayer that was this bad. The Mario Kart and Sonic Racing games included...

The game also needs some kind of skill system. It's not fun when half the players don't finish a race. I've been on both sides and it sucks.

Deleted member 10549

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah. I'm not having any fun with the GP stuff. There's a ton of stuff I don't want to do like all the battle mode shit. The fact that you can either go for max nitro or coin payouts but not for both at the same time is annoying as hell. I guess that's intended though because the player has to invest more time this way. I like to race, that's about it. It's so poorly designed. I already got Motorsport Tawna but I definitely won't play the next GPs if this doesn't change. I already feel burnt out.

Then all the bugs. The melting characters, the crashes on Xbox...

Don't get me started on the netcode. Often bombs roll right through me. Or I get hit by invisible shit.

The netcode is garbage and feels like early 360 days. I went through my list of played racing games and I honestly didn't find any that had online multiplayer that was this bad. The Mario Kart and Sonic Racing games included...

The game also needs some kind of skill system. It's not fun when half the players don't finish a race. I've been on both sides and it sucks.

Yeah, online in this game is trash tier. I'm thinking about dropping online completely and just enjoy single-player content. I have 60 hours clocked in and I still haven't done all time trials, platinum relics and Adventure on Hard Mode.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

This is starting to become eyerollingly annoying.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Taking a break from the few remaining annoying Oxide trials to just beat my own best times on N Gin Labs. Made it to #475 on the switch leaderboards! Lost blue flame between lap 2 and 3 for a few seconds so definitely some room for improvement. Also the 90 degree ramp section leading to the blue flame pad ramps, I can definitely cut the corners with blue flame there better

Am I the only one who was a huge fan of the original game and NEVER heard the terms sacred fire and USF until the remake? I knew about the mechanics but never called it that. And if I've seen it mentioned on a speed run or something it probably just didn't register

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Taking a break from the few remaining annoying Oxide trials to just beat my own best times on N Gin Labs. Made it to #475 on the switch leaderboards! Lost blue flame between lap 2 and 3 for a few seconds so definitely some room for improvement. Also the 90 degree ramp section leading to the blue flame pad ramps, I can definitely cut the corners with blue flame there better

Am I the only one who was a huge fan of the original game and NEVER heard the terms sacred fire and USF until the remake? I knew about the mechanics but never called it that. And if I've seen it mentioned on a speed run or something it probably just didn't register
I do a u-turn when I jump off the inner corner of the first ramp.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Someone breaking down in detail why the current items in CTR are horrible (especially online), and making recommendations.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
We in community now!
The only oxide times I need now are all pretty annoying-
Sewer Speedway
Polar Pass
Dragon Mines
Oxide Station
Deep Sea Driving
Tiny Temple

Tiny Temple is fun, I came really close a few times but keep fucking up the third lap. I'm really sick of restarting sewer because I can't do the shortcut on the first lap
For Deep Sea Driving, if you get hit by the blades at the end, reposition yourself and drift onto the blue fire boost pad. Don't jump, continue perfect drift boosting in midair. If you do that, you can keep the blue fire through the ending/starting tunnel even from a dead stop.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
how to unlock Nitrostalgia trophy?
i already played all the tracks, and won all CNK tracks on CUP even online, but i didn't unlocked the trophy.

edit: never mind, i was missing clock tower.
now to crystal challenges.

edit2: now only need the hard difficulty trophy and beat all oxide ghost, i think i will stop here, oxide is very very hard on most levels.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Someone breaking down in detail why the current items in CTR are horrible (especially online), and making recommendations.

This is a really good video, it really showcases the problems with the item balance. Every proposed item change here sounds like a sensible one. The experimental ideas regarding fire and rubberbanding near the end of the video are pretty interesting as well.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking got it. I finally learned the fence skip on Blizzard Bluff. It feels so good.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Fingers killing me from playing coco park time trial, now 214 on switch leaderboard
My best time for now is 1:20:76, with a best lap of 0:25:63

There's a time at the top under a minute and a couple close to that. No way lol

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
You gotta jump onto the snow and then jump off. It's much easier to do with sacred fire. RedHotBR's video showcases one way to do it, although I found it easier to approach more from the right.

I got a 1:14:66!

Nice. That makes it a lot easier. Need to figure out timing for just orange fire now.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1:13:84! Now ranked 23rd on Switch for Blizzard Bluff.
Fingers killing me from playing coco park time trial, now 214 on switch leaderboard
My best time for now is 1:20:76, with a best lap of 0:25:63

There's a time at the top under a minute and a couple close to that. No way lol
They're using the lap glitch. :-/

Last edited:

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017

ah figured it was something lame like that. Hope they get rid of glitched times but I doubt it. I'm still mad that the leaderboards in NST are all fucked up by hackers
And damn that's an insane blizzard bluff time. Mine's only 1:26:43, barely better than Oxide but I haven't gone back because the big shortcut and the fence are both frustrating

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

Lol nice you beat me, I have a 1:13:97. I find the fence skip really consistent when I have SF it just depends if I clip it or not really. But yeah I picked up on the double jump thing watching stuff and that works much better.

Also

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
That entire shortcut is stupid. The fact you die if you come off the ramp leading into the area too far to the left is ridiculous.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
Was looking at some Crash Nitro Kart stuff on Youtube because I never played it. They really did a great job redoing the NK tracks. I think removing the anti-grav stuff was for the best but that original Out of Time is cool. What's with the huge boost number counter in the center of the screen on CNK. It takes up so much space!