• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm dying for that Tiny skin, every time the AI uses it I get intensely jealous

You mean the gladiator one? Well it's either gonna happen in about an hour and some change, or 24h after. That and Mad Scientist Roo (which is the one I'm craving the most, personally. Tiny's up there tho haha) are the only ones left that haven't been in rotation yet.

Edit: Welp guess I was wrong and they'll keep holding out on those 2 - which are no doubt the most popular costumes/characters - for longer. :/

Last edited:

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I just hope we get to choose our stats regardless of characters soon. Would love to play some Roo or Polar.

Since it's a game that leans heavily on customization I'd honestly just remove the nitro bonuses on certain items and add the engine types so people could actually customize however they wanted without having to worry about it. Especially if GPs have no downtime we are seeing the same chars and skins all the time.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Is it right that I seem to have the new decal for the championship kart already after unlocking the kart last season? I'm hoping it is and it means I don't have to megagrind.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Is it right that I seem to have the new decal for the championship kart already after unlocking the kart last season? I'm hoping it is and it means I don't have to megagrind.
Everyone with the kart has both of them right now. It's a bug that won't be fixed till the next time they patch the game, as you're supposed to earn them every GP.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a place where I can see the Grand Prix rewards? The screens in the game are made for ants.

3565598-gp2-02.jpg

Bronze Tier: Nostalginator Kart, Cave Painting Tiny Sticker, Nostalginator Pink, Cave Painting Bones Sticker, Nostalginator Wheels, Baby T
Silver Tier: Two Tones Decal (for Nostalginator), Fake Bronto Sticker, Mammoth Brown, Funny Bubble Decal (for Nostalginator), Caveman Fake Crash Sticker, Dashing Fake Crash Skin
Gold Tier: Mammoth Kart, Mammoth Wheels, Prehistoric Pattern Decal (for Mammoth), War Paint Decal (for Mammoth), Baby T Sticker, Fake Baby T Skin

TP-DK

Oct 28, 2017
Denmark
Thanks! I dont really care about the stickers or most decals, but I do want the Mammoth kart so I'll do some of the challenges to get that one.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Thanks! I dont really care about the stickers or most decals, but I do want the Mammoth kart so I'll do some of the challenges to get that one.

Doing a week's worth of dailies, 2 sets of weeklies and all of the pro/themed ones (tho I did skip on the Online Limit Battle one) is going to net me Fake T, so it's very doable to get all the rewards at least.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I was telling people this day one that all the stats are a lie. Airbraking is a very broken mechanic and makes it so you just play as speed characters as you gain nothing over other classes.

At the same time, the game loses a large chunk of its DNA and feel if you remove air braking, and suddenly several tracks have sections that just suck for a good chunk of the cast. Air braking at least takes a fair bit of skill to pull off in most situations, giving the game more mechanical depth and a higher skill ceiling.

So I wouldn't bring speed characters down. That said, turn and balanced characters have to come up somehow. You can only get so far by turning sharply.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
So I guess they screwed up the weekend bonus times. It's supposed to start with the reset on Thursday night but last week it didn't activate until around noon on Friday after the patch dropped. Now once again it hasn't activated with the Thursday reset as I just did a race and I didn't get the weekend bonus even though it claims it is active.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I'm definitely passed the point of thinking they can re-balance stuff without in some way ruining the feel of the game. That''s why I'm heavily in favor of just letting us swap class types on characters now, let me just play me favorite characters without knowingly throwing all my chances online.

Also F, was doing my daily bonus without realizing the weekend bonus isn't active. Dammit, scammed again.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
So I guess they screwed up the weekend bonus times. It's supposed to start with the reset on Thursday night but last week it didn't activate until around noon on Friday after the patch dropped. Now once again it hasn't activated with the Thursday reset as I just did a race and I didn't get the weekend bonus even though it claims it is active.

This actually isn't true. Last week the weekend bonus went live appropriately on Thursday and then accidentally got turned off Friday morning with the GP. It was only turned off for around 3 hours total.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
This actually isn't true. Last week the weekend bonus went live appropriately on Thursday and then accidentally got turned off Friday morning with the GP. It was only turned off for around 3 hours total.
I thought it was showing the weekend amount earned after each race but that wasn't translating to the actual amount added to the total as seen in the Pit Stop.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I thought it was showing the weekend amount earned after each race but that wasn't translating to the actual amount added to the total as seen in the Pit Stop.
This is exactly what it was doing for me last Thursday night. It was telling me I had the x2 weekend bonus after each race, but when I checked the pit stop I definitely had not been getting the weekend bonus. It fixed itself sometime on Friday though.

I even complained about it last Thursday on here:

I came in here to see what was up with this. Been playing the last 20 minutes or so and from what the race results have shown I should have earned a couple thousand. But in the pit stop I've only earned 1100. I hope they credit for me or at least reset my wumpa time. This better not be a nerf or I'm just done.

Right now though, it does not say I'm getting x2 after each race, but I'm not sure what I was actually getting. I turned it off when I noticed.

Last weekend I actually got 4 nights of weekend bonus: Thursday (even though it was screwy), Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night (which is new to me). So I'm not sure if Sunday was a makeup day for Thursday, or if they shifted the bonus back by 1 day going forward, or maybe they just keep screwing up.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like they might have messed up the time the bonus goes live. It might still be up for 72 hours but it's erroneously set to start at a later hour, allowing for 4 days of double xp if you do "Fridays" rotation late and "Mondays" rotation early.

The amount of bugs and errors with this game has been overwhelming tbh, I don't think I've ever had a game I liked have so much problems and controversy constantly. It's a bit tiresome. Welp, guess I'll finish my Wumpa time tomorrow before the new rotation starts.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone know how to do that "Sky is the Limit" challenge? Reddit seems to think it's bugged, and I can't get it to pop either - tried bunny hopping a lot across a course, as well as tracks with big vertical or horizontal jumps, and it didn't seem to work.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of lobbies just breaking tonight just before the race is about to start. I wonder what's causing that.

edit: Ok, well at least the lobby doesn't break when I'm the host, smooth sailing now.

edit2: Man, I hate that both new tracks use the horrible design of having one meaningful blue fire spot causing half of the online races to just come down to one person getting lucky at the start and basically move away from the pack with infinite blue fire while the rest is stuck in armageddon. Hopefully Beenox realizes that this type of design just works horrible online with this game's blue fire mechanics and will either put zero or multiple blue fire pad spread out through future tracks.

edit3: Looks like matchmaking on existing lobbies does still break after a while. Had a full lobby for a couple of matches, but now it's just me and another guy racing with just the two of us for over 7 races now. Not that I'm complaining, easy 1st and 2nd places is exactly what you want on the weekend, but you would've thought they would've fixed it by now since this particular thing has been happening since launch.

Last edited:

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
So I guess the Daily challenges are messed up now too? Yesterday's are still active and they say they don't end for another 5 days.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the Daily challenges are messed up now too? Yesterday's are still active and they say they don't end for another 5 days.
All my dailies reset except for the top one because that's actually a weekly. They do all say 5 days remaining, probably because the top one is actually a weekly glitching the timer out.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
All my dailies reset except for the top one because that's actually a weekly. They do all say 5 days remaining, probably because the top one is actually a weekly glitching the timer out.
Ah my bad then. I saw that I had the first one checked off and that it said 5 days and thought that they didn't change at all.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

In the last GP, there was a bugged Weekly that showed up as a Daily too.
Occasionally, it will say that it hasn't been completed, or that you did 999/999 on a new Daily or something like that.
D_JEyxDUYAAYhM0

It's a new set of Dailies though. Crystal Cup instead of Velo Cup, lots of battle-related challenges instead of more racing ones that were there yesterday, stuff like that.
If you still see yesterday's, I recommend resetting the game.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Man, I hate that both new tracks use the horrible design of having one meaningful blue fire spot causing half of the online races to just come down to one person getting lucky at the start and basically move away from the pack with infinite blue fire while the rest is stuck in armageddon. Hopefully Beenox realizes that this type of design just works horrible online with this game's blue fire mechanics and will either put zero or multiple blue fire pad spread out through future tracks.

Yeah, it's a coin toss whether you get destroyed by items before you get to the blue fire turbo pad.

I know blue fire is popular because "ooh, fast", but I hope they do some DLC tracks without it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They really need to address the issue about lobbies getting entirely kicked back to the menu if the host leaves.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
What's up with these non CTR characters like Norm and the weird mime? Where did they come from? Another game?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What's up with these non CTR characters like Norm and the weird mime? Where did they come from? Another game?

Nitro-Fueled isn't just a remake for CTR, but also sorta for Crash Nitro Kart - CTR's sequel - that's why we've gotten the CNK cast and tracks as well, to which Norm, and the weird mime, which is Norm, belong to.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
So I had decided shortly after getting the game that I'd never get N.Tropy. As time has gone on and I've gotten better at the game, I've decided to take on the challenge. Tonight, I finally beat Sewer Speedway and I'm feeling much better about unlocking this character.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
So I had decided shortly after getting the game that I'd never get N.Tropy. As time has gone on and I've gotten better at the game, I've decided to take on the challenge. Tonight, I finally beat Sewer Speedway and I'm feeling much better about unlocking this character.

nice man, you got this.

also rattle your goddamn head.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I thought the same thing about Tropy, lol. I barely even knew how to drift boost consistently. At this point, I'm beating Oxide on several courses already.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually kinda warming up to the baby bandicoots lol. I guess after all I can't hate on a dumb little kid too much. I do think making Baby Coco's voice just a higher pitched version of regular Coco was a mistake and they should change it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm actually kinda warming up to the baby bandicoots lol. I guess after all I can't hate on a dumb little kid too much. I do think making Baby Coco's voice just a higher pitched version of regular Coco was a mistake and they should change it.

Honestly I'd rather have that than the alternative, which is googoo and gaga.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I'll take googoo baby sounds over these lazy high pitched voicelines any day, Baby Coco is by far the most low budget and low effort thing in this entire game. Baby Crash is only half saved from sounding terrible because he was already speaking gibberish in the first place. Still baffled they greenlit the higher pitched voices tbh, I'd rather listen to Zem than to Baby Coco atm.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'll take googoo baby sounds over these lazy high pitched voicelines any day, Baby Coco is by far the most low budget and low effort thing in this entire game. Baby Crash is only half saved from sounding terrible because he was already speaking gibberish in the first place. Still baffled they greenlit the higher pitched voices tbh, I'd rather listen to Zem than to Baby Coco atm.

Well as said, personally I'd rather have high pitched Coco than baby noises. Or Zem's belching for that matter.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
I've been playing the game since launch, unlocked a ton of stuff, did the Grand Prix etc...A few days ago I started doing the time trials. Half an hour ago, with only three tracks to go the game suddenly crashed while loading. Of course the Xbox automatically uploaded the save file to the cloud so there is no backup file.

I don't even know how many hours I put in this game but now I'm done. There is no way I'm going to start over. It's been weeks and some of the worst bugs still haven't been fixed but apparently there was enough time to put microtransactions in.

I'm livid.

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Have they thought giving better items to people in like 2nd to 4th place when the person in 1st is clearly too far away to catch up to? It happens in every single race.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
oh hell yeah, finally got the Points Are Precious challenge done, and the final score was even a tie lol. I got it in Parking Lot and I just rode around the whole match, landing only a couple missiles in all.