• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Man I bought this game and I'm awful at it. I can't understand the drifting at all.
If u r right handed
Press and hold r1+turn to start drifting
Take note of the gauge on the bottom right
When it goes into res press l1
You turboed

You can chain 3 turbos in one drift

Practice it to eventually mentally know when to press the other hop button for a turbo.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I got my first serious griefer in a session that I couldn't seem to shake, we got into Electron Avenue and they kept taking out people near the beginning of the course with Triple Rockets so they could either stunlock them for a very long time or, even worse, knock them off the course while they're trying to jump off at the next lap

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
They should start locking people out of matchmaking for a time if they don't complete a single lap. Or longer if they have some way of tracking their lap count vs the number of items they used.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh, just spent 20 minutes of my Wumpa time and didn't collect a single coin. Come on Beenox, get it together.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Hah.

They should start locking people out of matchmaking for a time if they don't complete a single lap. Or longer if they have some way of tracking their lap count vs the number of items they used.
What counts as completing a lap? What if a player disconnected before clearing a lap, and then reconnects in time to continues that lap?

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
Does anyone have extra codes from the Sour Patch Kids, and Trident promotion? I haven't been able to find any of the participating products locally.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
You know what I really miss in this game, an option to randomize tracks in the singleplayer. In Mario Kart I would always just jump into solo versus and put the tracks on endless random and just play back to back races without being bothered by any menu-ing or choice making or extra load times for the menu. Just nonstop racing goodness, hopefully they'll add it some day. Randomized cups would be cool as well.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Well got what's hopefully enough to get everything in the Battle pass after it ends. Can't wait to see what the next one brings

Also, they just teased the Pirate Papu skin

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Did they change weekend time again? I thought it was supposed to start 45 minutes ago (10AM CST Friday morning), but just did a race and it was not active.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Dang, I was finally able to find the gum for the promotion but I haven't seen the standard SPK anywhere. I want those wheels!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
The fact Beenox is expecting you to complete challenges where you are 100% at the mercy of both the RNG and other people without increasing the frequency of the course required to complete that challenge for the day is absolutely ridiculous.

I've been playing for well over 2 hours at this point, and I have yet to even SEE Papu's Pyramid in the map vote. I haven't even gotten to the point yet where I have to hope that the lobby I'm in stays around so I can actually play on it.
I've seen literally every other course in the pool at least once, and there's some courses that keep appearing in like 80-90% of the map vote pools, Prehistoric Playground being the worst offender by far (at least for Spyro Circuit I understand why, but why the hell is Prehistoric Playground so frequent?).

On top of that, even if you do decide to actually play, the likelihood of the lobby nuking because it's not the challenge course is actually fairly big.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I think i will skip the next gp. I spend way too much time on this game that i could put towards other games at least.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The fact Beenox is expecting you to complete challenges where you are 100% at the mercy of both the RNG and other people without increasing the frequency of the course required to complete that challenge for the day is absolutely ridiculous.

I've been playing for well over 2 hours at this point, and I have yet to even SEE Papu's Pyramid in the map vote. I haven't even gotten to the point yet where I have to hope that the lobby I'm in stays around so I can actually play on it.
I've seen literally every other course in the pool at least once, and there's some courses that keep appearing in like 80-90% of the map vote pools, Prehistoric Playground being the worst offender by far (at least for Spyro Circuit I understand why, but why the hell is Prehistoric Playground so frequent?).

On top of that, even if you do decide to actually play, the likelihood of the lobby nuking because it's not the challenge course is actually fairly big.

Honestly, if you're out of Wumpa Time and it still hasn't shown, I'd just skip that challenge. There's better things to do with your time. Hopefully they get some kind of data that shows how many people are or aren't completing these.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Same, I think I'm just gonna clean out the store and take a long break from it. I don't really enjoy the online racing and this game pushes it so hard.
What is worse about online races is that
A) it is the best way to farm coins; one could earn 10,000 coins from playing during the weekends at least
B) on consoles, online play is tied to a bloody sub. If that sub lapses that is it no more big coin payouts. I am already planning on unsubbing from plus next year :v

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Same, I think I'm just gonna clean out the store and take a long break from it. I don't really enjoy the online racing and this game pushes it so hard.
Do what i did this GP, play for the first week while cleaning out the store and filling up the nitro bar. Last time i checked I'm still in the top 5% of nitro points so I'm gonna get the decal

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I went on a Hawaii trip first of the month and didn't play for two whole weeks but I managed to complete the GP a few days ago and I'm like top 3% for the Nitro boards.

I actually kinda wanna out to look for promo item codes. I was only able to locate the watermelon SPK so far. Anybody have luck with other items? If so, where'd you find them?

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
What is going on? This is like the sixth round in a row where the matchmaking farts (either the host leaves during the lobby or right before the start of the race) and cancels the race. It is getting annoying af.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
What is going on? This is like the sixth round in a row where the matchmaking farts (either the host leaves during the lobby or right before the start of the race) and cancels the race. It is getting annoying af.
I've definitely run into this a lot lately as well. Just a bunch of people joining and leaving the lobby just before the lobby timer ends or the lobby just exploding just before the race starts. Most of the time a decent lobby experience only happens when the game decides to give me host of the lobby, though even that is sometimes hard to hold on to as it only take one good race to dnf a lobby which most of the time makes everyone disconnect anyway.

I really hope they do something about the item balance next patch, no 1st place killer and still no item that can effectively pull the group together combined with the triple item spam in the back honestly made this GP the least enjoyable online experience so far. I'd much rather have two playlists, one with no items and one where items actually work, then these non-races where at the start of the race you either get a lead and won't see anyone or anything for the rest of the race or get stuck in the back just trading triple missiles until item rng bails you out or the gap gets to big.

Jul 26, 2019
The Netherlands
I think I remember reading here, that you could buy the grand-prix prizes that you didn't earn during the grand-prix (I'm talking about the bronze, silver and gold tier carts, skins, stickers and decals), however I can't see it now? Anywhere specific where I should look?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I think I remember reading here, that you could buy the grand-prix prizes that you didn't earn during the grand-prix (I'm talking about the bronze, silver and gold tier carts, skins, stickers and decals), however I can't see it now? Anywhere specific where I should look?

Should be a tab in the Pit Stop. Try checking after today's rotation (about 3 hours and 40 mins)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see the whole schedule for the next 3 months. The themes seem strangely generic for in a Crash game, but the themes are unique for within this particular game so it's still good for variety I guess. Nina looks good, that kart looks cool as well and the track from that screen has a cool vibe as well. Pasadena for GP5 is a great addition but that kart looks whack though, the pic of the carnival track gives me stong Sonic Racing vibes but other than that I can't really say anything about it. No idea what that character on GP6 is but the sleigh looks cool, I do already hate the track solely on the fact that it's called Gingerbread Joyride, lol.

What I really wanna know is if they changing the contents of a GP this time around or if they are gonna continue this 3 chars/3 karts format. Guess we'll see soon enough.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Game burned me out. Didn't even bother to go for any Nitro past bronze. Hopefully the next grand prix has a track that flows better.
It's the middle tab in the Pit Stop.

Last edited:

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Swapping Driving Styles:

We've heard you loud and clear! In CTR Nitro-Fueled, it is now possible to select your desired Driving Style, regardless of the character you choose to race with. Get that top speed with Crash, or take those sharp turns with Crunch, you can now pick your favorite style and your favorite racer at the same time!

On top of that, a new "Drift" driving style has been added to the mix, making that a fifth driving style to choose from!

That's huge.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, I legit did not expect them to change that. Yayyy, now I can main my fave, Polar!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Excited to see what the Drift class is gonna play like, but awesome, I can finally play whatever character I want. :)
That also makes online challenges requiring you to beat races as X a lot more feasible cause you're not boned having to play Turn or Balance lol.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
PEOPLE

EF4ptxYWkAEorBH

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hey Online sufferees

Wumpa Time for Everyone:

Also due to popular demand, the daily "Wumpa Time" bonus will now carry over to all game modes, including Adventure and Local Arcade! As long as the player's console is connected to the internet, players now have the opportunity to earn 2x Wumpa Coins for the first 30 minutes of racing time per day.

It's not 5×, but better than nothing.

Last edited: