• The GiftBot 2.0 Launch Giveaway Extravaganza has come to a close with an astounding 8073 games given away to the community by 696 members, a huge success thanks to you! The gifting now continues with more official prizes in the new Gaming Giveaways |OT|. Leftover Steam codes are also being given away to the PC Gaming Era community.

Crash Team Racing Nitro-Fueled |OT| Start Your Engines!

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
How hard is it to collect all the chicken eggs? Are they in obscure locations that you have to find?
They're not hard to spot, there's one in every area. They do require some tricky driving and jumping but each egg shouldn't take that many attempts once you figure out how to tackle it.

Red Arremer

Oct 26, 2017
So are the servers shitting the bed for anyone else? Feel like I am having so many issues at the moment.
Online seems to be a bit unstable with this patch, yeah.
Just keep in mind that online lobbies cancel if the host leaves. No host migration is one of this game's biggest flaws with the online tbh.

How hard is it to collect all the chicken eggs? Are they in obscure locations that you have to find?
Easy to find, a little tricky to collect, but it shouldn't take you longer than a few minutes.
They're all in the adventure hub, one per area.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
got the eggs real quick. I was gonna cheat and refer to a video, but they're not hard to find at all. Collecting them all amounts to figuring out a little route to gain speed and hit a jump of some sort.

bigstef71

Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I don't have the game yet but I was planning on buying it soon. Can someone explain how grand prix events works exactly? Like are we able to play with these maps and characters offline or in singleplayer? Or is it just for a limited time?

Papertoonz

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the game yet but I was planning on buying it soon. Can someone explain how grand prix events works exactly? Like are we able to play with these maps and characters offline or in singleplayer? Or is it just for a limited time?
each GP adds a new track that will never go away and can be played in any mode.

the GPs also introduce new characters, karts and costumes but they are only around for that GP but they will show up again in the store once 3 months have passed

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Done with all the challenges now. Finally in the top 5% on PS4
Whoa, 2k lead and everything.

Maps are permanent additions that are available as soon as you download the GP update. Characters are playable wherever and whenever once you unlock them, though they must be earned within the 30 days that the GP is active if you don't want to wait 3 months for them to return. Once they return, they're available for good.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Will that last chance Spyro bundle be back on the pitstop? I saw it yesterday but didn't have enough coins at the time.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I’ve only had King Chicken for a day and a half, but if anything happened to him I’d use a Warp Orb on everyone in this room and then myself.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me

actually, I think this is basically the right way to go about most of the ring rallies. For me at least it seems too difficult to power slide as you normally would and also go for the rings, at least after a certain point. Once you hit that blue fire speed, you can focus on lines and air braking thanks to the reserves you get from the rings.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields, Nebraska
actually, I think this is basically the right way to go about most of the ring rallies. For me at least it seems too difficult to power slide as you normally would and also go for the rings, at least after a certain point. Once you hit that blue fire speed, you can focus on lines and air braking thanks to the reserves you get from the rings.
Yeah you don't really need to power slide everywhere. I just do it on easy areas to build some reserves and air brake every where else.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're definitely gonna reach a point (usually Lap 5 for me personally) where you're going way too fast to navigate and power slide as you'd normally do on a track, but especially on HAS for that challenge.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
Hi not surr if i asked this, but i have trouble finding people online in ctr.
People join, once the lobby is full, everyone "leaves". I play regularly online this is the first time seeing this.
I play on xbox.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
i only like online races, i never did the original challenges in the original nor did i do those time trials.
it is a shame, that online races are not getting together faster.

i love the game, but this still bothers me.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I like the way this game forces you to finish first in a race before moving on. Initially I was a bit annoyed by that but it's grown on me and I can appreciate the idea. I've gotten better at the game as a result.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I like the way this game forces you to finish first in a race before moving on. Initially I was a bit annoyed by that but it's grown on me and I can appreciate the idea. I've gotten better at the game as a result.
Yep, CTR has a learning curve, and the only way you get by without learning is by playing the brain-dead easy mode. If you want a challenge, you've got to engage with the basic mechanics and allow yourself to grow.

I really hope they keep ring rally challenges going into other seasons cause its definitely one of the more exciting pro challenges this season
Exciting is... a word for it. I gave up after sensing some serious thumb pain after my third/fourth attempt. I've got better things to do; things that don't involve injuring my hands.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
Long time lurker but has finally made an account! And to celebrate that, I got an extra sticker pack if anyone is interested:
9?KK3JHY6?TN
Where ? -> D