• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Hows the leader board size for Switch? Currently is at 36k for PS4.
D-iGNpEXsAEjhcJ

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So do you have to be in the top 5% of the Championship leaderboard or the Nitro Leaderboard to ge the kart? Or is it either one?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
So uh... I just raced against someone who already has Motorsport Tawna. You know, the reward for finishing the Grand Prix. But #1 on the Nitro leaderboard is only at 19130 Nitro, and finishing requires 42000 Nitro.

tumblr_o1sjei5kFt1r0x77so1_250.gif

Also, currently #67 of 77,946 in the Nitro Leaderboard on PS4. :D Just now getting back online for those challenges.

Is "Start your Engine" (Perform 25 perfect boosts at the start of a race) not counting up for anyone else? Also I can't get "Kamikaze" (Hit another player by letting yourself explode with a TNT crate) to trigger, despite clearly getting it in a battle.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So uh... I just raced against someone who already has motocross Tawna. You know, the reward for finishing the Grand Prix. But #1 on the Nitro leaderboard is only at 19130 Nitro, and finishing requires 42000 Nitro.

tumblr_o1sjei5kFt1r0x77so1_250.gif
Hovering over a locked cosmetic item online when the race timer reaches 0 let' you use it for that race. It's how some are using the champion kart despite it being curently impossible to have.

Spinx

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody got a list of all the challenges?

Why do people like Hyper spaceway? Why

There, I'm the only one that finished the race lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
OK. I did not expect this event to start now instead of the usual reset time, or feature the CTR TV vids in-game.
Already unlocked Ami and Liz, now just gotta wait for Megumi and Isabella.
Let's GO!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Started doing the time trials on PS4 now that they're non-destructive.

Screw Dragon Mines. Screw Oxide with his magic sustained turbo on the third lap. Damn these wonky bumps and the inconsistent black hole of that spiral. Damn how much crap is littered around to run into.

I love the visuals of this track and how they overhauled it, but structurally I think I might hate it even more than Turbo Track, which was relatively painless to beat Oxide on.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
The datamines are here and they are fucking wild. Like, downright nuts. Wildest choices bolded and italicized lol

Chick
Emperor Velo
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
N. Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena Opossum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Stew
Ebeneezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

**reminder that game development is volatile and iterative and just because a character's files are found in the build doesn't mean they'll make it to a released Grand Prix.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
The datamines are here and they are fucking wild. Like, downright nuts. Wildest choices bolded and italicized lol

Chick
Emperor Velo
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
N. Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena Opossum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Stew
Ebeneezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

**reminder that game development is volatile and iterative and just because a character's files are found in the build doesn't mean they'll make it to a released Grand Prix.
No Bianca or Elora?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Chick
Emperor Velo
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
N. Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena Opossum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Stew
Ebeneezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

If they were going with someone from Crash Bash I'm disappointed it wasn't Bearminator TBH.

BetaM

Feb 5, 2018
Summary of the v1.04 datamine:

All of this may be added in the future or cut from the game.

Season 5's track is codenamed "t505_november_nitro_fuel_festival".

New drivers referenced:
-Baby Coco
-Baby Cortex
-Baby Crash
-Baby N.Tropy
-Baby-T
-Chick (CTTR)
-Emperor Velo (CNK)
-Gnasty Gnorc (Spyro)
-Hunter (Spyro)
-Nina Cortex (CTTR)
-Pasadena (CTTR)
-Rilla Roo (Bash)
-Ripto (Spyro)
-Sorceress (Spyro)
-Spyro
-Stew (CTTR)
-Von Clutch (CTTR)
-Willie Wumpa Cheeks (CTTR)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
played a few hours to get some nitro points. the challenges are really fun, although i'm not sure if i can fill the nitro-meter all the way.
super impressed with how they're handling the grand prix for this game, and looks like there's a ton of free content on the way.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Not gonna dwell in that other thread, but I wish people would accept that CTR and MK8D are two very different games attempting to do two very different things within the racing megagenre and stop debating which is better lol

They attempt very different things

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017

New drivers referenced:
-Baby Coco
-Baby Cortex
-Baby Crash
-Baby N.Tropy
-Baby-T
-Chick (CTTR)
-Emperor Velo (CNK)
-Gnasty Gnorc (Spyro)
-Hunter (Spyro)
-Nina Cortex (CTTR)
-Pasadena (CTTR)
-Rilla Roo (Bash)
-Ripto (Spyro)
-Sorceress (Spyro)
-Spyro
-Stew (CTTR)
-Von Clutch (CTTR)
Some wild picks for the Spyro characters. Wasn't expecting a dlc called "Spyro & Friends" to consist of Spyro, Hunter and the 3 main villains. Kind of disappointing if true tbh, Elora and Bianca would've definitely been nicer to have over Gnasty and Sorceress, oh well. All the other characters seem exactly in line with what I was expecting though.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Some wild picks for the Spyro characters. Wasn't expecting a dlc called "Spyro & Friends" to consist of Spyro, Hunter and the 3 main villains. Kind of disappointing if true tbh, Elora and Bianca would've definitely been nicer to have over Gnasty and Sorceress, oh well. All the other characters seem exactly in line with what I was expecting though.
Was hoping for those two as well. But I actually think the Sorceress choice is pretty neat, adds variety to the female characters. Since there's pretty varied male designs comparatively at this point.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017

New drivers referenced:
-Baby Coco
-Baby Cortex
-Baby Crash
-Baby N.Tropy
-Baby-T
-Chick (CTTR)
-Emperor Velo (CNK)
-Gnasty Gnorc (Spyro)
-Hunter (Spyro)
-Nina Cortex (CTTR)
-Pasadena (CTTR)
-Rilla Roo (Bash)
-Ripto (Spyro)
-Sorceress (Spyro)
-Spyro
-Stew (CTTR)
-Von Clutch (CTTR)

This is insane. I would've never expected that much content. The gift that keeps on giving.

sn00zer

Feb 28, 2018
So Spyro track maybe being an actual reality is very exciting. The new track they released was excellent. Very excited to see what's next

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Chick
Emperor Velo
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
N. Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena Opossum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Stew
Ebeneezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

Surprised there's no Elora or Bianca, and looks like Fasty is gone. Guess they realized they didn't own him

Oct 27, 2017
Started doing the time trials on PS4 now that they're non-destructive.

Screw Dragon Mines. Screw Oxide with his magic sustained turbo on the third lap. Damn these wonky bumps and the inconsistent black hole of that spiral. Damn how much crap is littered around to run into.

I love the visuals of this track and how they overhauled it, but structurally I think I might hate it even more than Turbo Track, which was relatively painless to beat Oxide on.
The key to the track is to sustain sacred fire from the boost at the top of the spiral. Whatever happens, you need to make sure you get three perfect boosts from the top of the spiral to the time you hit the boost pad, and then try to sustain that into the second and third lap (you'll almost certainly lose it at the spiral). You want to jump the turn and when you land hopefully it'll give you a boost that drives you into the next lap with SF. I found it can be really hit and miss whether you keep the boost though.

Oxide's first and second lap on Dragon Mines are (comparatively) poor, but Oxide's third lap is very quick (with the exception of the time lost at the spiral) and it's no coincidence that in this lap he sustains SF into the beginning of the lap. If you get SF on both the second and third lap and can keep it for awhile into the beginning of the race (either the bottom of the spiral or the water pool area) you should be good if your spiral recovery is strong enough.

Anybody got a list of all the challenges?

Why do people like Hyper spaceway? Why

There, I'm the only one that finished the race lol

I think it's liked because of the presence of the USF boost at the very beginning which allows for a sustained boost throughout the race in addition to some big jumps and interesting ideas, but overall I strongly dislike the track. I think it's popularity potentially comes from there being so many boosts that even for people who aren't very strong with the drifting system you can still maintain a decent speed throughout.

Last edited:

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This is the best I'll ever get.

Congrats! You got that bonus kart on lockdown I'd say.
Do you know the mechanics of the leaderboard? Meaning, do you just have to win over and over to go up, does the score decrease on losses and so on? Does win/lose ratio count or does persistence matter most?
I haven't had a lot of time to play yet, and might not get to at all until tomorrow.

RockmanBN

Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Congrats! You got that bonus kart on lockdown I'd say.
Do you know the mechanics of the leaderboard? Meaning, do you just have to win over and over to go up, does the score decrease on losses and so on? Does win/lose ratio count or does persistence matter most?
I haven't had a lot of time to play yet, and might not get to at all until tomorrow.
It's just grinding wins. Leaderboard tracks sum of all points gained in online races. First place is 12 points, second is 9 points, third is 7 points, and fourth is 5 points. Idk about placings 5-8 because the lowest I had was fourth.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting hit when you're 4/5 for the untouchable challenge

giphy.gif

I know I can cheese it with a second controller, but I want to do it legit.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
It's just grinding wins. Leaderboard tracks sum of all points gained in online races. First place is 12 points, second is 9 points, third is 7 points, and fourth is 5 points. Idk about placings 5-8 because the lowest I had was fourth.

So people with the most time on their hands will win the leaderboards. Sucks, but I can live without that special kart I suppose.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
So people with the most time on their hands will win the leaderboards. Sucks, but I can live without that special kart I suppose.

Yeah, it's also a flawed system without ranks. If I get placed in a lobby with people who effectively pros, I'll struggle to hit the top spot, but if I get placed in lobbies with people not as good as me, I'll just crush them with little effort.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Chick
Emperor Velo
Gnasty Gnorc
Hunter
King Chicken
Koala Kong
Komodo Moe
N. Brio
Nina Cortex
Pasadena Opossum
Rilla Roo
Ripto
Sorceress
Stew
Ebeneezer Von Clutch
Willie Wumpa Cheeks

Wow, looks like we really are getting every Crash character from the OG Trilogy and racing trilogy.

Biggest disappointment is no Elora or Bianca in the Spyro pack. Like really, they're including Sorceress over any other female Spyro character?

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, looks like we really are getting every Crash character from the OG Trilogy and racing trilogy.

Biggest disappointment is no Elora or Bianca in the Spyro pack. Like really, they're including Sorceress over any other female Spyro character?
The voice actress that plays the Sorceress already plays roles in the game (Polar, Pura, and Tawna). That's most likely why she made it in and not Elora or Bianca.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Sorceress is a great choice. She's certainly unique, and is better than yet another spunky female character.

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sorceress is a great choice. She's certainly unique, and is better than yet another spunky female character.

Dedicating 3/5 of the Spyro pack to villains is needless when the CTR roster is already dominated by a majority of Uka Uka masks.

It's like if they got the original Mario trilogy in CTR and decided to pick Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Wart, and Birdo as the faces of it.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Dedicating 3/5 of the Spyro pack to villains is needless when the CTR roster is already dominated by a majority of Uka Uka masks.

It's like if they got the original Mario trilogy in CTR and decided to pick Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Wart, and Birdo as the faces of it.

Only tangentially related to that, but i wonder what mask Spyro characters will have. Sparx would be neat for Spyro himself.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So my game just crashed and when i booted up the game it said my save file is corrupted and deleted. wtf?

edit: seems like only the option menu reseted, thank god

edit 2 : oh all of my characters and karts that was unlocked in adventure mode are gone. Great

Last edited:

Camjo-Z

Oct 25, 2017

New drivers referenced:
-Baby Coco
-Baby Cortex
-Baby Crash
-Baby N.Tropy
-Baby-T
-Chick (CTTR)
-Emperor Velo (CNK)
-Gnasty Gnorc (Spyro)
-Hunter (Spyro)
-Nina Cortex (CTTR)
-Pasadena (CTTR)
-Rilla Roo (Bash)
-Ripto (Spyro)
-Sorceress (Spyro)
-Spyro
-Stew (CTTR)
-Von Clutch (CTTR)

Good lord. I don't think there's anyone else a Crash fan could possibly ask for. They even got motherwumping Rilla Roo in there. The Spyro selection isn't too shabby either, I expect all his friends that couldn't make it will cameo on the Spyro track.

Fatoy

Mar 13, 2019
I just wanted to say that the new track they added with the Grand Prix is really good.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They need to add the list of challenges into the online tab as well. Just makes it more convenient not having to back out of a lobby to see what to tackle next.

Also the most convenient update : it seems to populate lobbies fully without having to back out. Yay.

Last edited: