• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
48097083143_d13bce4d2f_o.png

48097141417_d413db7008_o.png

While a remake of Crash Team Racing, content from Crash Nitro Kart and Crash Tag Team Racing is also included

All 31 race tracks from Crash Team Racing and Crash Nitro Kart, in addition to all characters featured in both games (even ones that previously only appeared as boss opponents)

Online multiplayer and leaderboards

Enhanced customization, including the ability to choose and customize different karts

An improved adventure mode, featuring the ability to choose between "Classic" or "Nitro-Fueled" modes, the latter of which allows players to change their character and kart between races, as well as choose between three difficulty levels

The Pit Stop, an in-game shop that allows players to purchase unlockables using Wumpa Coins earned through gameplay

Free post-launch support
, including limited-time Grand Prix events, all-new race tracks, and characters such as Tawna (Crash Bandicoot), Baby T. (Warped), Ami, Isabella, Megumi, and Liz (previously non-playable characters in the original CTR), baby versions of Crash and Coco, and even Spyro the Dragon

PlayStation 4 exclusive:
skins for Crash, Coco, and Cortex based on their original polygonal appearances, along with their associated karts and a retro-themed bonus track
48097220036_b1b501f288_o.png

Review Thread

Last edited:
OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
48097267256_031121fba3_o.png

Server created courtesy of Wrestleman
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Great OT! But I'm disappointed that "Should a guy named Crash really be driving" didn't win the title. Just 13 hours left in my region.

BetaM

Feb 5, 2018
Summary of the v1.01 datamine:

All of this may be added in the future or cut from the game.

5 new drivers are referenced in the code:
-N. Brio
-Koala Kong
-Komodo Moe
-Fasty
-King Chicken

Grand Prix Seasons are planned to be monthly, with at least 6 GP's planned this year.
Season 4's track is codenamed "T504_october_spooky", suggesting a halloween theme.

The update adds support for a "Sports" level mode with its own score display on the racing HUD. It may be a mode for battle arenas.

There may be community ghosts added in the future judging by Grand Prix challenges involving them.

Nov 21, 2017
Great OT! Just pre-loaded my Switch copy. Played the original a bit on PlayStation back in the day, but only at friends' houses. Never owned one myself. Can't wait to play it tomorrow!

OP
OP
Aurc

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
Great OT! But I'm disappointed that "Should a guy named Crash really be driving" didn't win the title. Just 13 hours left in my region.
There were a lot of great suggestions, but I ultimately picked this one due to how straightforward and iconic it is.
I legitimately considered "Wait for me, I'm gay!" at one point, just to see the reactions.

MonsterJail

Self requested temp ban
Banned
Feb 27, 2018
Getting it tomorrow morning, not played much of the original, but fancy a Mario kart alternative to play on switch

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Pre-loaded on PS4 and ready to play it tonight. Haven't played this since the PS1 so adventure mode is definitely gonna destroy me. lol

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Summary of the v1.01 datamine:

All of this may be added in the future or cut from the game.

5 new drivers are referenced in the code:
-N. Brio
-Koala Kong
-Komodo Moe
-Fasty
-King Chicken

Grand Prix Seasons are planned to be monthly, with at least 6 GP's planned this year.
Season 4's track is codenamed "T504_october_spooky", suggesting a halloween theme.

The update adds support for a "Sports" level mode with its own score display on the racing HUD. It may be a mode for battle arenas.

There may be community ghosts added in the future judging by Grand Prix challenges involving them.
If seasons are monthly and the game has 1 year of support with at least two characters / season, the game will end up having 43 tracks and 54 characters. Insane (or, N'Sane)

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
great OT, well done Aurc

i'm super excited to play this. i don't think anyone expected beenox to put so much content into this 40 dollar game.

bibs

Oct 27, 2017
While I own a Switch and an Xbox One, decided to get it for Xbox cos of the games heavy online element, negating some of the portability element. Also tiny file size, only 17 GB on Xbox, compared to the 43 GB Spyro takes up.

JCW

Oct 26, 2017
Also since people are bound to ask the PS4 exclusive track is basically the PS1 version of Turbo Track.

ɣGammaɣ

Oct 26, 2017
the middle of the woods
Yeah, looking forward to play it, first day one purchase in a long time. Fantastic package and content for the price with local Splitscreen is a Buy. Also love the idea of easy to learn, hard to master arcade game. Brings the perfectionist out of me.

Moai

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
already bought it digital from the store but its a shame about online collisions. i hope they patch them in.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Any impressions of the Switch version yet? Does it look decent enough, and is the framerate a steady 30?

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping I manage to put my hands on it tomorrow already. To this day, CTR is the only mascot racer I completed 100% (and beyond) - while probably dedicating more hours to Mario Kart DS, for one, its absurd rubberbanding on 150cc always put me off bothering with that part's 3-stars completion. I don't know if I have the time or patience to do it again for the remake, but it's a kart racer that aged especially well (my 100% completion happened this decade), and I can't wait to bring it back into my regular multiplayer/party game rotation.

L Corleone

Oct 27, 2017
Huge shame that there's no collision in online

I would do time trials if I wanted to feel like I was competing with ghosts

alexbull_uk

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Awesome OT! Love the title.

Can't wait to play tomorrow. Got a new TV coming as well so this'll be the first thing I try on it!

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Huge shame that there's no collision in online

I would do time trials if I wanted to feel like I was competing with ghosts

I'm not entirely sure that in all my life playing CTR I have ever collided with any kart. As long as the masks and turbo can be used to attack other players what's the problem?
I think collision was always more of a Mario Kart thing, what with characters having weight classes and all.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Great, top shelf OT. Join the Discord, y'all.

Annnnyways... I don't know how people missed 3+ months of the gameplay videos featuring no collision between karts in online modes.

It's kind of a misnomer, anyways, since you just can't *RAM* other karts. You can still bounce off their heads and boost-squash them from what I've seen. You obviously can also still hit them with weapons and masks, too.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Grabbed this to go along with playing Sonic Team Racing and Mario Kart Switch.

Love playing with the kids, shame it's only 30fps on the X, I thought it was goign to be 60.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Grabbed this to go along with playing Sonic Team Racing and Mario Kart Switch.

Love playing with the kids, shame it's only 30fps on the X, I thought it was goign to be 60.

I just hope that you know that by gathering the Trifecta of Kart Racers, you are summoning 50 more years of mascot platformers and racers.

(thanks)

Appreciate you making the Discord server for the community! Thanks for that.

Absolutely no problem!

Big One

Oct 25, 2017
I pre-ordered this and I didn't even realize this game was a pseudo-compilation of all three Crash Racing titles, lol. That's awesome.

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome OT. Thank you. :)

So excited for this to unlock tonight. I love that it has all the sequel's tracks, too, a game I've barely played, so they'll be pretty brand new to me.

MrJohnSherry

Jan 4, 2018
Pre-ordered, pre-loaded, and ready to go for tonight! Haven't played since PS1 so can't wait to get destroyed over and over!