• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lucreto

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping the game would dispatch Yesterday but it looks like I have to wait until Monday.

The title should be Start your N. GIN

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to play! Good job on throwing up a Discord. Hopefully there's enough of us on Xbox.

Cheddahz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm quite stoked for this release, but I'm REALLY stoked that there's some Crash Tag Team Racing content in the game as well (I really liked CTTR back in the day, even if it was a little too easy)

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Midnight! I'm so excited. Preloaded it on two PS4's and I'm ready to play it all night with my partner.

Nov 8, 2017
I've been spending way too much on games this year, but this is one I have to pick up around launch and recognize a job well done remaking a fantastic game.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
great OT

excited to finally pick this up tomorrow, booted up the old CTR to familiarize my self with it and i think i'm ready

Zushin

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
The game seems quite difficult so far! Took me a dozen attempts to beat Papu on medium difficulty and the races seem fairly close with me boosting like 75% of the time. Having lots of fun.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
Where are the reviews?
ssLxWEg.png

ssLxWEg

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I want to play one/some of the other characters, but all the time I spent playing as Cortex on the Papu Pyramid demo disc makes me want to just play as the retro Cortex skin for old times sake.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Picking it up for Switch tomorrow morning/early afternoon, really can't wait!

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Review embargo is 9PM PST.

Most likely going to only be the major outlets. YT/Stream influencers got early access to the game by a few days, but not smaller media outlets.

Last edited:

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
I'm considering changing my amazon order to deliver to work, but im worried they won't come here before I leave so its making me think get it delivered home and see what happens.

Wiped

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think it's for the best, the weapons are still effective but you don't have an issue with griefing or lag with this approach.

I don't understand how you could possibly say it's for the best. Unless this game works very differently to Mario Kart. Rubbing up against and battling with other karts is part of the fun isn't it?

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Summary of the v1.01 datamine:

All of this may be added in the future or cut from the game.

5 new drivers are referenced in the code:
-N. Brio
-Koala Kong
-Komodo Moe
-Fasty
-King Chicken

Grand Prix Seasons are planned to be monthly, with at least 6 GP's planned this year.
Season 4's track is codenamed "T504_october_spooky", suggesting a halloween theme.

The update adds support for a "Sports" level mode with its own score display on the racing HUD. It may be a mode for battle arenas.

There may be community ghosts added in the future judging by Grand Prix challenges involving them.

Hype.

Fasty?! The cut Hippo from the original game?! Beenox fucking rules.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hype.

Fasty?! The cut Hippo from the original game?! Beenox fucking rules.

Misconception actually.
He wasn't made for CTR, nor cut from it. Bob Rafei designed it for a friend's company's mascot and accidentally uploaded it with CTR stuff on his website and didn't notice until someone pointed it out. He still never took it down, but gave this quote:

Bob Rafei said:
If I recall correctly Trippo was character design I did for a friend who was developing airfare search engine and was looking for a mascot of sorts, and not part of CTR designs. I should have placed it in another category, but honestly, I've been too busy with BRB projects and family to keep up the site!

So I really hope they cleared it with legal instead of assuming they owned it due to the fan myths! Whoopsiedaisy.

Scuttlefluff

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Got mine this afternoon from SimplyGames, installing now. I'm going in, fellas! I refer you all to my avatar.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
Seems pretty good so far. Switch version actually looks solid docked on a 4k display all things considered. Load times are long though.

Also Sewer Speedway feels off to me in the tunnels. Doesn't feel like you get carried around the tight corners like you used to if you're taking a high line on the inside and get dead stopped a lot more. Collision on the barrel feels different too.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Eager to play tonight, haven't played the original game in at least over a decade.