• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

99humanity

Oct 25, 2017
finally got this game yesterday, after the delivery got delayed several times.
my complaints:
-the menu is bland/uninspired
-Long loading times(even on xbox one x)
-Story mode is way too hard(playing classic mode, and i do remember that it was hard, but was it really this hard?)
-there are no real online possibilities(Cups, Points, Championship-modes, or the ability to unlock anything)
-online takes too Long to start, i dislike online MP, which takes ages to have one round with strangers. why do i have to wait almost as Long as the length of one race track?

now the good Points:
-tons of content
-the Music is nice
-ability to switch to the original music
-amazing how they remade the original game
-very challenging
-ability to Play online is a very welcome addition
-i love the colourful graphics

even though i usually complain About fps, in this game it really does not matter that much.
Woahh thanks I never realized that legacy music option was in there

KartuneDX

Banned
Jan 12, 2018
I've been stuck on the Papa Papu race (medium) for days now. I swear the AI automatically has 10 Wumpa speed, this is frustrating. Gonna put it down for Mario Maker 2 for now.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Colors are washed out? It pops on my TV. The game looks like an SDR image but the colors are really colorful for me

I just don't get this complaint either. It looks great.

When I look at my recordings/clips on Twitter, etc, where the HDR is not present, it looks a lot more 'washed out' maybe (still not bad though) but definitely not on the Pro in HDR mode at all.

Mzen

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
dpad is better for crash, especially when one of the more advanced things needs down diagonal inputs.
In terms of actual unlockables, completing Adventure with all Platinum Relics, all Oxide ghosts beat, and the Penta Penguin cheat code are all you need. The rest is just getting coins to unlock the rest of the roster (N.Trance is currently locked behind a 7,200 pack, but the rest are all available individually for cheaper), and then customisation for your karts.
Great info, thank you both! And now the grind for Wumpa Coins begins...

Cyanity

Oct 25, 2017
It's so disappointing that this game will likely take a year to reach pc. I want CTR in 60fps now, dammit :c

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
camera settings and my cart customization getting reseted every time is getting annoying. Patch this please :(

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Unlocked everyone in the roster but N. Trance and N. Tropy. Gonna start grinding wumpa coins now to get the first one.

Time trials are really demoralizing right now. Spent a couple hours snaking on tracks with a speed character and still haven't gotten good enough runs to beat many N. Tropy ghosts. At this point I wish there was an alternative unlock for him where you can get him for like 10k wumpa coins for people who suck at time trials. lol

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I doubt there is any reason to do it. Arcade doesn't even seem to keep track of which cups you won either which the original CTR did do, so I expect everything in arcade mode is just a "for fun" deal.

Ah....good to know. It's still where you do the N. Tropy/Oxide ghost races though right?

And is even safe to do those? Heard some people saying that you can lose all your data if you participate in them.

Azzawon

Oct 25, 2017
Scunthorpe, UK
I just don't get this complaint either. It looks great.

When I look at my recordings/clips on Twitter, etc, where the HDR is not present, it looks a lot more 'washed out' maybe (still not bad though) but definitely not on the Pro in HDR mode at all.
For me, colours are very bright but some of them (CTR tokens in particular) are too vibrant making it difficult to even read the 'CTR' on it. Sometimes weapon crates look quite a close colour to a TNT crate too.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Oh damn you're jumpbuttoncb on twitter aren't you? Good stuff.

Ya got me.

For me, colours are very bright but some of them (CTR tokens in particular) are too vibrant making it difficult to even read the 'CTR' on it. Sometimes weapon crates look quite a close colour to a TNT crate too.

To be quite bluntly honest, I am red green colorblind so there's a chance my opinion is bullshit for the average eye!

Oct 27, 2017
A Cave
Well that's a pretty annoying bug, if you achieve everything needed for 101% completion before beating Oxide for the 1st time you don't unlock the Hovercraft, you get everything else Real Ending, Trophy, Oxide unlock, Relic Paint etc. I wasn't going to use the Hovercraft but it's a shame to have to beat the adventure 100% again if I ever want it

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
sounds like a great patch! I can finally do time trials, see podium animations online and gain score for wins, which I think was my top 3 most wanted changes right now. Awesome!

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
User Warned: Lazy devs rhetoric
The controls in this game are terrible. Why the fuck cant i customise them? On the xbox im forced to use the bumper buttons where the triggers are used for camera control?

What. The. Actual. Fuck???

Im sorry but i have to call out the developers on this. Such an easy fix. Its like FFXV on the xbox all over again.

And reading the patch notes there is nothing about this??! Which leads me to believe that it will never be fixed. Disgraceful. And lazy. There i said it.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
The controls in this game are terrible. Why the fuck cant i customise them? On the xbox im forced to use the bumper buttons where the triggers are used for camera control?

Im sorry but i have to call out the developers on this. Such an easy fix. Its like FFXV on the xbox all over again.

And reading the patch notes there is nothing about this??! Which leads me to believe that it will never be fixed. Disgraceful. And lazy. There i said it.

Did you try the alternate control scheme? On PS4 I was able to us the trigger to accelerate.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017

Use alternate controls.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Did you try the alternate control scheme? On PS4 I was able to us the trigger to accelerate.
Hey i did try that but its the same as ps4 i imagine. The problem with that is A becomes a slide button and left bumper becomes the other slide. So it feels really unnatural to me. Its better than default though. Just let me swap the bumpers with triggers and im all good.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Hey i did try that but its the same as ps4 i imagine. The problem with that is A becomes a slide button and left bumper becomes the other slide. So it feels really unnatural to me. Its better than default though. Just let me swap the bumpers with triggers and im all good.

I'm with you there, it does feel really weird, especially since you need alternate between bumper and A to make the drift boosts work. You'll get it though.

Spinosaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna echo that podium animations online isn't good if it just adds more down time but also

I am so gonna play Zem when this patch rolls out. I WILL be that person.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
oxide time trails is really not fair, i barley can manage eat tropy's ghost, but oxide's ghost? nope

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping the online stability patch means I don't have to back out just to repopulate a lobby.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
These N Tropy ghosts are fucking crazy. Im always in front and then mess up somewhere down the line because his lap 3 is impeccable. I can't even beat Crash Cove.
Ugh.

N.47H.4N

Oct 27, 2017
I have played a little,between my breaks of AC Odyssey and Hollow Knight,but I am surprised how hard is the normal difficulty,is it really hard or I suck?I never played the original game,but I liked so far.

Last edited:

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Sounds good. The only thing that worries me is the post race victory animations. If that slows down the time between online races further, then that's no bueno. Would be a better fit for online cups, if those existed.

Glad to know I'll be able to race some ghosts soon.

I would assume the podium just replaces the current "vote for map" screen. Otherwise yeah, that'd be pretty dumb.

Qikz

Oct 25, 2017
Note: Tawna and the items described above can only be earned for a limited time by completing Grand Prix challenges while connected to the internet. Once the current Grand Prix season ends, they will no longer be available to earn through Grand Prix challenges until they may appear in the Pit Stop at a later date.

Uhh, this isn't good. :/

disgraciau

Oct 27, 2017
Ibiza, Balearic Islands, Spain
So, I did it. Adventure Mode completed at 100%:

D-KnIuNXoAIBKvb.jpg

Now i'm beating Tropy times. I was thinking at the begginig not to do it but I jumped in finally. Huh, I remembered more difficult back on PSX days.

For now the only difficult spike was Blizzard Bluff. FUCK. THAT. SHORTCUT. After several tries managed to beat Tropy's time.

I'm not even going to bother with Oxide's time trials.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would show your coin stash onscreen instead of having to visit the Pit Stop to see it.

And I must have missed before that Nitro warned during Grand Prix races aren't the same as Wumpa Coins.

I'm bracing for the Activisioned marketplace once they get started. Might make SF5 look downright generous in comparison.
Sounds good. The only thing that worries me is the post race victory animations. If that slows down the time between online races further, then that's no bueno. Would be a better fit for online cups, if those existed.
Yeah that would be better after you win a set of races, not after every one. Otherwise it'll be like Team Sonic Racing where it takes forever to get back to the lobby after a race. Maybe they'll have an abbreviated animation?

Oct 25, 2017
Just try that alternate scheme for a long playsession and it will feel natural in no time. Trust me, I came from the muscle-memory PS1 controls, and it took a good half hour before I was able to flush it out of my head, but once I adjusted there was no going back.
Disgraceful. And lazy. There i said it.
Also please try not to be so disrespectful to these developers that have worked countless, thankless hours over every painstaking detail this game is crammed to the gills with. No one in game development is lazy, it's one of the most intense, demanding creative fields in existence. "Lazy devs" is one of the most ignorant things you can say.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
KFTNpoQr.jpg

All plats and all Oxide times finally done!!! now I'm ready to flex with Digital Tropy's sick podium animation on Grand Prix.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Just try that alternate scheme for a long playsession and it will feel natural in no time. Trust me, I came from the muscle-memory PS1 controls, and it took a good half hour before I was able to flush it out of my head, but once I adjusted there was no going back.

Also please try not to be so disrespectful to these developers that have worked countless, thankless hours over every painstaking detail this game is crammed to the gills with. No one in game development is lazy, it's one of the most intense, demanding creative fields in existence. "Lazy devs" is one of the most ignorant things you can say.
I didnt feel good posting it.

Ashlette

Oct 28, 2017
Today I learned that you can quickly turn in mid-air by holding the brake button. You won't even lose speed if you do it right.

It helps in courses that have sharp turns placed after ramps, i.e. Clockwork Wumpa and Cortex Castle.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Note: Tawna and the items described above can only be earned for a limited time by completing Grand Prix challenges while connected to the internet. Once the current Grand Prix season ends, they will no longer be available to earn through Grand Prix challenges until they may appear in the Pit Stop at a later date.

Uhh, this isn't good. :/

Yeah that "May" is a concerning one.

My hope is that there's some exclusive sticker or something that will only ever be in the grand prix, (Maybe like an animated sticker, think like the Overwatch League sprays) and that everything else will eventually show up in the store.

I'm also slightly concerned on this as well.

When visiting the Pit Stop, you'll notice that items that were added as part of the Nitro Tour Grand Prix have little Nitro cannisters over their icons. You'll notice the same thing in the customization menu over the same icons. This small Nitro cannister with a percentage tied to it denotes the extra Nitro Point boost you'll get whenever completing challenges with these customization options equipped. The percentage increase stacks with each customization item you have equipped. So get collecting, and get stacking!

Basically could mean you have to get the newer cosmetics if you want any chance to complete the tour. So you always have to keep up with the freshest stuff.

But we shall wait and see on this. Let's see the Wumpa Coin payout changes first. Buff Tiger Temple please. My Pura Home Course shouldn't be the worst coin collecting track in the game.

SecondNature

Oct 25, 2017
getting so frustrated with online.

I have never won and im so sick and tired of playing against pros. Really hope they can add ranked soon

Mr.Fletcher

Nov 18, 2017
UK
getting so frustrated with online.

I have never won and im so sick and tired of playing against pros. Really hope they can add ranked soon

Yeah, I love the game but unless something changes I'm about done with it. It's biggest draw is the skill-based nature of the gameplay. But as a result, the matchmaking becomes very important.

It feels like the game does very little to pair you with players of similar skill at the moment.