• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why does my drift keep dropping my flame ?? Like its an abrupt stop to my turbo and it doesn't taper out like it's supposed to. Starting to annoy the hell out of me. Hit a lot of drifts in my reserve then I get blue flame, hop into a successful power slide to continue my boost and it immediately stops like I didn't even have anything in my reserve when I've been drifting all lap.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Good job conquering Oxide Station. That was the only track where I had to switch to an Acceleration character because I just couldn't manage my fire through those turns at the end with Speed.

Dragon Mines as others have said. Single most difficult time trial for me. Sewer Speedway if you have consistent trouble with the shortcut (I cheesed it 2/3 times through pure speed, overcoming the jump despite clipping the edge). Blizzard Bluff is tough in that it requires mastery of one of the more difficult shortcuts in the game (though I find it more consistent than Sewer Speedway.) Deep Sea driving requires you to maintain blue fire for a big chunk of one of the most hazardous tracks in the game, so that can be difficult. Even Oxide messes up here and there though. Not too many other hard ones off the top of my head.

Oh, you can still cheese Thunder Struck through the track-skipping exploit at the moment. Shamefully, I can't even say how difficult the legitimate time trial is.

I did Oxide Station with Cortex lol. I beat his time by a second against the Tropy ghost, then it took me like half an hour to beat the Oxide ghost.
And thanks for patching Thunder Struck XD.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
This game is so rough. Now I'm getting stuck in the menu if I try to select a new character.

Playing on Xbox One X.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, might not be that easy to pull off.

The only thing that gives me pause is that there's a blue fire pad right before the end of the lap, and that skip is right near the start of the next lap. So maintaining the fire isn't the biggest ask, and masks are common enough for considerable placement disruption to be a concern. But I'd have to try it myself to gauge just how 'easy' it is to pull off the jump with both elements in play.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
No mask required actually.

In that case

LavishFlamboyantEmperorpenguin-size_restricted.gif

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Beenox fixing the first big shortcut by placing an invisible wall probably means they can't fix it by placing additional checkpoints along the track which in turn means nothing good. Not sure how they're gonna fix these new ones if their checkpoint system doesn't help.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
All this just makes me miss old Thunderstruck again, it was such a good track in CNK. It's kinda sad to think about my favorite tracks from CTR and CNK, Sewer Speedway and Thunder Struck, both got butchered by glitches and design choices, basically making them near my least favorites in this remake.

On another note, got my pro challenges done finally. I'm like 150/120k on the nitro leaderboard as well so that champion kart is as good as guaranteed as well. I'll probably stop clearing all the dailies and weeklies once I complete gold tier cause this GP stuff is honestly feeling a bit too tedious. I really don't need 3 separate battle mode challenges daily, 1 is more than enough. The character specific ones are very unnecessary as well.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Yeah, they need to keep on top of patching these unintended skips.

They also need to hard reset the leaderboards for tracks they patch.

They also need to fix all the lap skips and reset those too.

I'm all for exploits and speedruns and skips and shit but players are not entitled to win online matches via uneven, difficult to perform glitches and I support patching this stuff out ASAP.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
They also need to hard reset the leaderboards for tracks they patch.

They also need to fix all the lap skips and reset those too.

I'm all for exploits and speedruns and skips and shit but players are not entitled to win online matches via uneven, difficult to perform glitches and I support patching this stuff out ASAP.

Yeah, surely patching the leaderboards would be easy enough when it comes to telling who did it legit or not, just going off the times.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
The n tropy and oxide ghosts are sure close on oxide station. When I beat n tropy I had already beat the oxide time as well. Since it's only 3 seconds apart on a 3+ minute time.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
The n tropy and oxide ghosts are sure close on oxide station. When I beat n tropy I had already beat the oxide time as well. Since it's only 3 seconds apart on a 3+ minute time.

Yep, I did the same last night. As long as you don't really mess up, all it requires is keeping the blue fire for longer than Oxide keeps it (so the first U-turn after the straight of boost pads, and then the next corner basically) for at least two laps.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They just keep coming

Beenox right about now
13e7de98fc3b7ff53ccf8d51de84e9c9.jpg

This one is actually a lot harder to pull off than Thunderstruck.
The killzone's much wider and goes a lot deeper, so you have to go in a very particular path when jumping off. I've been pulled out by the killzone when almost landing on the course while trying this.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I just missed Dragon Mines oxide by .07 because I bonked the fence after the turbo pad on the last lap.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed. Stuff like this is fine in games without online, but it completely ruins the online in the games that do.

Napalm_Frank

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Finland
I hope I get to buy all GP timed stuff from pit-stop without some insane last weekend grind. Some of these sticker packs ect. are pretty expensive doe.

At least I got all the chars and skins so that's the most important stuff out of the way.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not even too worried about all characters, since I'm never really going to want to play a balanced/handling character.

SaintFrancis

Nov 7, 2017
Anyone need some help with the online weekly and themed challenges?
Only 9 hours left, and there's over 1500 Nitro Points available for anyone who has yet to earn them.

I need them too.

PSN: Konopko

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Finally got N. Tropy. Now I "just" have to beat 13 more Oxide ghosts. Dragon Mines and Tiny Temple to name a few...

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got N. Tropy. Now I "just" have to beat 13 more Oxide ghosts. Dragon Mines and Tiny Temple to name a few...

I did Tiny Temple last night. It's honestly not that bad, although I still don't really know what was causing my reserves to run out as soon as I land after the super turbo pad that leads into the third lap.

The basic way to do it is:
Triple boost as much as possible, and prioritize doing that over jumping off ramps, like the one at the first corner.
Hitting the crate to move the fire to the left is easier for me, especially on the other two laps, but that's preference.
Don't take the shortcut: you can get a perfect triple boost, and a regular triple boost on that section.
Don't take the ramp before the turn to the super turbo pad at the end of the lap.

For the next two laps, it's more of the same, so triple boosts galore, but you want to take the first ramp jump (the one with the fire on either side), hopping through the tunnel where you toggle the fire is safer.
Take the shortcut, but be careful, as there is a kill zone to the left, if you take too sharp an angle.
I ignored the ramp before the end, but I guess they'd be faster potentially. You'd need to air brake that last bend though, I'd assume.

Without crashing, I often found my reserves dropping out in lap 3 at:
The start, after I landed.
In the tunnel where you toggle the fire.
At the shortcut.