• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Fortinbras

Oct 27, 2017
This on PS4?
Since the day 2 patch the online has been smooth sailing for me. Lobbies are dropped when the host leaves, but other than that it's perfect.
Xbox.The game has a lot of problems. For example I can't leave the menu after changing characters in adventure mode. The game gets stuck and it doesn't matter what button I press. Last weekend I only got nitro for finishing an online race if I got a DNF. Actually winning or finishing a race didn't get me any nitro payouts. I could go on...

Last edited:

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Just set it to 2 player and clear it.
You mean how you basically complete every battle mode challenge, except for no apparent reason they decided to throw in having to do it 8 times instead of the already tedious 3 times in a daily. This isn't a "just do it" moment, this is a "let them know this trash is horrible" moment.

Now that I look closer at this GP list though, it seems that they made a mistake with these challenges. Normally there are 10 dailies and 12 weeklies, but today there are 11 dailies and 11 weeklies. Combine that with the higher payout on that 5 Bacon games challenge, I can only assume they accidentally threw in one of the weekly challenges into the daily section.

Man, they really need to not have more than 1 battle related challenge in the next GP, absolutely tedious filler content.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I fucking love the animations in this game. There are actually two jump animations; the initial one and another one you get when you get enough air (as seen in tracks like Electron Avenue).

Tiny's is the best. He confidently flexes, then when he falls enough distance gets scared and hold his hands up as if trying to stop himself.

Psychotron

Oct 26, 2017
Same. I only get these problems when the host has a shitty connection or rage quits mid match. It's far from the standard.

Happens to me plenty on PS4 and XB1. Win a race, only to somehow see yourself dropped to second place. That or you start with a full roster of real players and by the end, they're all gone and you've won a game against the standard racers, but the game still shows the others on the podium screen. I submitted videos to Activision support. Yesterday wasn't bad after the patch but I may have been lucky.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone advise; are there any full characters locked entirely behind Grand Prix, or is it just character variants/outfits?
Tawna is a GP reward and requires you to get 5000 nitro points. The nitro squad are currently GP limited in the pit stop so they'll probably disappear once it's over. They cost 1500 each.

Everything related to the GP will be added to the GP eventually so you can;t miss out on them permanently, but none of us have any idea of when that will be.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Did they patch the Nitro points cheese using a turbo controller on crystal challenges? I woke up to a "No challenge unlocked" or something message and don't know if I really earned any points ☹️

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did they patch the Nitro points cheese using a turbo controller on crystal challenges? I woke up to a "No challenge unlocked" or something message and don't know if I really earned any points ☹

Yes, they patched that out. It really was only a matter of time until that happened.
You still get coins from it tho, which is imo more important.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Yes, they patched that out. It really was only a matter of time until that happened.
You still get coins from it tho, which is imo more important.
Oh well, at least I'm at like 36k something points now and well within the top 5%, but I can't play for more than an hour and a half each day so I guess it's going to be slow for me till I reach the goal. At least the coins are still there :D

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh well, at least I'm at like 36k something points now and well within the top 5%, but I can't play for more than an hour and a half each day so I guess it's going to be slow for me till I reach the goal. At least the coins are still there :D

Hour and a half should be enough to get the Dailies done every day, and maybe sneak in a weekly or two, so you should be fine nonetheless heh.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
finished all the Oxide trials up until Citadel City and will probably try a few CNK tracks tonight. Any of them specifically challenging?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Really happy to see that it seems as though the Switch's online population is very healthy now. It won't be as strong as the PS4 (not sure about the X1), but there's around 130000 people on the nitro leaderboard, and I'm having no problems finding full races regularly.

Battle mode though....that's a different story. Any luck with that on PS4? Of course the focus of this game is racing. I'd say even more than MK. But especially if they're gonna give us these battle mode challenges to do, it's a bummer it's so hard to find online matches. Pretty much all battle mode challenges have to just be done in a set up CPU environment, which is dumb. Just tedious.

Kakihara

Nov 10, 2017
Xbox.The game has a lot of problems. For example I can't leave the menu after changing characters in adventure mode. The game gets stuck and it doesn't matter what button I press. Last weekend I only got nitro for finishing an online race if I got a DNF. Actually winning or finishing a race didn't get me any nitro payouts. I could go on...
Just select another character, get back to the adventure mode hub and then select the original character you wanted again. Same thing happening on ps4, but that's a work around.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Really happy to see that it seems as though the Switch's online population is very healthy now. It won't be as strong as the PS4 (not sure about the X1), but there's around 130000 people on the nitro leaderboard, and I'm having no problems finding full races regularly.

Battle mode though....that's a different story. Any luck with that on PS4? Of course the focus of this game is racing. I'd say even more than MK. But especially if they're gonna give us these battle mode challenges to do, it's a bummer it's so hard to find online matches. Pretty much all battle mode challenges have to just be done in a set up CPU environment, which is dumb. Just tedious.
Xbox is around 190k

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My bumper fell out of my elite controller. Microsoft and their cheap ass plastic. It's not like I'm rough with it either. So much for powersliding.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
damn. I can't even imagine playing CTR on anything other than a DualShock lol.

I'm just happy I had a protection plan. I'll take it back later today but shit that's frustrating paying mad money for cheap plastic. Lol. Need my crash fix and the bumpers are the most important button ha.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, I always thought the Xbox One controllers are superior to the to DS4, and I play primarily on PS4

I think a lot of people have issues with the bumpers. It's really a thin piece of plastic holding it in the controller. I love the feel and the paddles, but that aspect always bugged the hell out of me. Happened with my first OG controller, too.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018

PS4 is at 800k, so we're past a million players already!

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018

Battle mode isn't very fun online with the laggy items, which is why I avoid it. But offline with at least 1 other human player is pretty fun.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Some of the neat details you might have missed going through Twilight Tour. Feel like this would make a good Gamexplain video (Especially because I'm playing on Switch version, LOL).
  • Starting with the obvious, the first nighttime section of the track is based on the Egyptian levels from Crash 3 Warped, while the second daytime section is based on the Arabian levels of the same game.
  • The music in the level actually switches between the two main sections. Here's the Egyptian version and here's the Arabian version.
  • On the right of the starting line, there is another pyramid under construction, and you can see Egyptian lab assistants working on it inside the entrance.
  • On the left of the initial stretch, there are crocodiles from Warped's Egypt levels swimming in the water and lounging on a bank.
  • Right between the 2nd boost pads is a statue of Crash as a temple dog.
  • The pyramid's interior walls are covered with hieroglyphics: These include pharaoh Cortex, gems, crystals, gems, Cortex's N, crate exclamation points and question marks, and lab assistant glasses.
  • The pyramid's treasure hoard contains not only gold, but also gems and golden relics.
  • Inside the pyramid, the scarab shield lab assistants from Warped show up to cheer you on from the sidelines.
  • The only wumpa crates in the level are huge deliveries being made by the flying carpet assistants after the first blue fire boost pad. And yes, it's lab assistants plural; if you look, it's not just one asshole going back and forth, but two trains of lab assistants.
  • Even though the Warped levels were based on ancient history, there are spotlights, satellite TV dishes, fans, and modern sewer grates incorporated into the environments, suggesting either time paradoxes or a modern reenactment.
  • Even though there are two distinct sections to the track, you see Egyptian lab assistants and pot monkeys from the Egypt section cheering you on in the Arabian market alongside the Arabian lab assistants.
  • At the first left turn in the Arabian section, in front of the house with a SOLD sign on the door, there's a chicken watching the race, one of many strewn throughout the game's tracks.
  • There are two shortcuts in the level. The first is obvious at the starting line but the second is clever and even Oxide's ghost doesn't use it; if you jump left on the boost ramp before the stairs leading to the 2nd blue fire boost, you can enter one of the buildings and shave off some good time.
  • When trying to keep the blue fire boost, keep in mind that the 2nd boost pad is much faster than the 1st. So you should always try to get blue fire from the 2nd boost pad if you don't have it already.
  • There are a couple pairs of Arabian and Egyptian lab assistants bartering on the sidelines. It looks like the Arabian ones definitely have the advantage.
  • Appropriately for a racetrack market, there are karts being sold on the sidelines, as well as wumpa fruit, cushions, and what look like crushed wumpa fruit.
Really love how much attention to detail was put into this environment.

Last edited:

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Battle mode is something I was never very interested in in these kind of games.
Battle mode is loads of fun when you're playing against other people on the couch, but the online battle mode in this game is lacking. At the very least, people should have way more control over picking the mode/level.

And there should both be less daily challenges related to battle mode and less specific daily challenges. Even if you play a lot of battle mode, requiring specific modes on specific levels is too much.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I just had what was presumably a glitch, which let me select kart colours for the retro kart.
Why can't that be an actual thing???

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
D_JEyw5U0AEX4du.jpg

This happened to me just now.
It ended up with me not being able to complete some of the challenges I had left over (such as the "Multi Hits" one there, which is the one that has you hit an opponent in a rando online lobby). When I restarted the game, it reset my progress on some of the challenges. Funnily enough, after I completed those 2, it reset another one? I don't think I lost any Nitro points to this glitch though.

Something else strange was that it spawned 2 items from the GP selection that hadn't been there at the rollover (Crash Test N. Gin skin and Aqua Twilight wheels). I bought them, and I still own them, too. No idea what's going on lol.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
My internet dropped out in the middle of Capture the Flag so I'm not sure if that caused a glitch, but in the dailies it's registered that I've done 5 games of Steal the Bacon in Rocky Road and I have 0/5 for Capture the Flag in Lab Basement and I'm upset that the easy one got ticked off and I have to do the bullshit one again :'(

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
My internet dropped out in the middle of Capture the Flag so I'm not sure if that caused a glitch, but in the dailies it's registered that I've done 5 games of Steal the Bacon in Rocky Road and I have 0/5 for Capture the Flag in Lab Basement and I'm upset that the easy one got ticked off and I have to do the bullshit one again :'(
The Bacon's Raider challenge is a weekly challenge from yesterday, it's just erroneously showing up within the daily challenges.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
The Bacon's Raider challenge is a weekly challenge from yesterday, it's just erroneously showing up within the daily challenges.
That's odd, it had 0/5 on it when I first did a check so I guess I thought it refreshed. Still doesn't explain how Flag Collector wasn't registered when Sliding Your Way Through and Power Up Master was rewarded to me

Rothgil

Oct 28, 2017
Need some friends for the GP challenges, PSN id is Rothgil. Gonna play now, hit me up for some races

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah that 11th Daily (the Steal the Bacon one) is a Weekly that somehow slipped into the Dailies, and now displays 0/5.

xendless

Teyvat Traveler
Jan 23, 2019
Uhh, just got a glitch where I'm stuck at the customisation screen and can't leave it, happened to anyone else? Happens in adventure mode

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah, this is what happened with the retro kart last night. I would've gone more in depth with it, but I thought I was just stupid and hadn't tried doing that before, until I backed out of the menu and tried again.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
LOL I just had someone stop driving, turn around, and bomb the fuck out of me while they were in 2nd place. Apparently they were really pissed at me.