• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Geez... 6000 >.> .. but I'm aware of Wumpa Time; just saw Crash Twitter mentioning the weekend bonus too;

Honestly I just can't wait to finally play! I'm avoiding seeing many things about the game since launch (since a little bit before launch in fact, since it was leaked...); I didn't even seen many of the menus or the full intro, because I want to experience everything fresh!

This was my most antecipated game on the year on Switch and I can see me playing for years until I even think about other kart racer!

I just wanted to unlock every character (including the GP related ones) and kart the sooner I can, because next week we'll be having a gathering with some friends and would be nice to have a big cast of characters and many options 'v'

The bundle that has N. Trance in it is currently unavailable anyway, but yeah, if you do some online games - especially if you take turns in a 2 player race with a friend - you'll have those 6k in no time.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
Biker Tiny skin is back, but they removed the bonus Nitro for using it?? What the heck.

Does anyone has this problem on every track docked?

I have the Switch version, and play both docked and undocked but I've never seen that crazy light show going on. I'm not sure what would cause that.
Actually never mind, I'm getting that weird lighting on Cortex Castle. Haven't seen it on any other track though. I don't remember it ever looking like that before tonight though... weird.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't gotten those lighting issues on Cortex Castle when playing earlier (on Switch).

Biker Tiny skin is back, but they removed the bonus Nitro for using it?? What the heck.

It never had the Nitro bonus. The only one of the store-bought GP skins that gets the bonus is Pharaoh Cortex. The other four (Biker Crash and Tiny, Crash Test N. Gin and Painter Dingo) never got the bonus. You might be thinking of Racer Crunch.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It has the nitro bonus on it when I checked the pit stop even though the skin itself doesn't have a nitro bonus

D_PjAtjUcAEwOLT

No it doesn't.
The green steering wheel icon means that it's a GP limited item, as it say in the top right legend.
If you check other items, you'll see the little nitro canisters with a green tag saying +x% - that's the items that give bonuses.

Chaserjoey

Oct 27, 2017
no worries. I mean the funny thing is some of the GP only stuff is bound to make it to the regular Pit Stop eventually lol. (I think???)
My brain is just use to seeing everything in the pit stop with the GP logo have nitro boost (excluding stickers) yeah, poor comprehension on my part. Shame that it doesn't have a boost though, it's a nice outfit.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, unlocked Motorsport Tawna. Can basically stop now with doing the challenges, especially since I'm also top 0.1% in that nitro leaderboard so I doubt I would fall out of the top 5%, but I guess I'll keep up with them just for the sake of this being the first GP.

Alex840

Oct 31, 2017
The final race with Oxide was kind of underwhelming. The last 2 worlds were ramping up the difficulty so I assumed it'd be really tough, but I ended up beating him first try. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn, I was gonna go for the Platinum Relics on medium but some of them are so brutal I can't imagine ever getting them. Papu's Pyramid and Sewer Speedway especially can go fuck themselves.

I think I'll just stick with gold for now. It's less stressful and these aren't as fun to do as the Time Trials.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn, I was gonna go for the Platinum Relics on medium but some of them are so brutal I can't imagine ever getting them. Papu's Pyramid and Sewer Speedway especially can go fuck themselves.

I think I'll just stick with gold for now. It's less stressful and these aren't as fun to do as the Time Trials.
Platinum relics in adventure is what I want to start working on soon. I'm afraid lol.

Edit: So it took me four races on Coco Park to get the reverse lap challenge, what I made sure to do the last time was just follow the hearts in the middle of the roads. I realized take shorter lines on the track might have stopped the "wrong way" from showing up at times and messing it up.

Last edited:

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
I haven't gotten those lighting issues on Cortex Castle when playing earlier (on Switch).

It never had the Nitro bonus. The only one of the store-bought GP skins that gets the bonus is Pharaoh Cortex. The other four (Biker Crash and Tiny, Crash Test N. Gin and Painter Dingo) never got the bonus. You might be thinking of Racer Crunch.
Oh, that's my bad. I got Pharaoh Cortex first so I assumed they all got the bonus, like the rest of the GP items. They really should've given all of them the bonus so there's at least a bit more variety online.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Aaaand that's a Platinum Trophy. What a thrill. That's what I love about trophies: I never would've gotten so good at this game without them. :)

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Posted this in the discord, will post it here as well:
So according to my calculations, all of the GP items in this set cost around 94k (give or take). Which means that, provided future GPs have roughly the same cost, and not considering any out-of-GP content they may add (I imagine seasonal skins, stickers, etc. seem not unlikely), if you have all items already, and bank 500k, you should be fairly safe.

Thorzilla

Oct 28, 2017
Really enjoying the GP thing more than I thought. It's a bit more grindy than I'd like but the continuous challenges and unlock make it fun.

FerryF1

Feb 18, 2018
Anyone on PS4 Pro with huge framedrops after update 1.07??
Never had any since launch, but now after installing 1.07, those drops are everywhere... boostpads is where its the most noticeable

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it would be cool to see some incentives for online Battle stuff.
Make nitro challenges for battles less specific so they're actually feasible to accomplish online. Stuff like "play 5 games of X mode" and "play 5 games on Y stage" instead of "play 5 games of X mode on Y stage".

Bard

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dragon Mines was pretty straight forward. Didn't even bother going for the sc.

Man I wish I was anywhere near this good just so I could unlock N. Tropy, but that'll probably never happen. I'm playing on switch and don't even care for getting the best times or whatever, I just want all the playable characters.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man I wish I was anywhere near this good just so I could unlock N. Tropy, but that'll probably never happen. I'm playing on switch and don't even care for getting the best times or whatever, I just want all the playable characters.

I had the same thoughts when first starting, but as I got better naturally, I've started beating Platinum Relic challenges and some of the N. Tropy times (at least the ones I actively tackled lol).

Exentryk

Oct 25, 2017
You'll improve with practice. Keep playing all the tracks and challenges (like relics, crystals, etc.) and you'll see how you've gotten a lot better at controlling the kart. That feeling when you notice the improvement is great! Just keep at it!

All the best!

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Having trouble with the lap backward challenge. I'm doing Coco Park on easy, 7 laps. I can get about a lap and a half lead, but I still always end up getting past in the very last turn. Lost by one second last time.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
For the love of god, Beenox

FIX THE MAJOR ISSUES ALREADY (I know you already are aware but for godforsaken), I am exhausted of seeing the community and pros complaining about them, fixing only the shortcuts and minor things is not enough, It is a literal dumpster fire right now