• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There's even more details on the tracks than I've noticed before. Never noticed the guy pulling the sword from the stone in Coco Park, or the guy floating on the lava in Mystery Caves.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Was looking at some Crash Nitro Kart stuff on Youtube because I never played it. They really did a great job redoing the NK tracks. I think removing the anti-grav stuff was for the best but that original Out of Time is cool. What's with the huge boost number counter in the center of the screen on CNK. It takes up so much space!

Characters- Fake Crash for sure, and I think Pura, were unlocked by doing however many consecutive boosts, so that helped keep track of that.
I wish the CNK boost meter was an option here though.
Yeah, out of time was cooler, as was Hyper Spaceway, and Deep Sea Driving due to being able to drive around the whole tube.

Oct 20, 2018
Brazil
I need someone to play online with on Switch so I can do the friend-related challenges I'm missing, if anyone could add me I'd appreciate it. Since almost no one owns a Switch in Brazil it's tough to find friends to play with =P

Here's my friend code if anyone is up to it: SW-5559-9057-1400

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
So I got till the end of the gold tier. Am I good to get the special 5% kart? Do I have to keep playing daily still? Damn this is little too much. Normally I dont even play until the weekends.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I need someone to play online with on Switch so I can do the friend-related challenges I'm missing, if anyone could add me I'd appreciate it. Since almost no one owns a Switch in Brazil it's tough to find friends to play with =P

Here's my friend code if anyone is up to it: SW-5559-9057-1400
I'm up for it. Friend code is SW-3323-3944-5220, name is tullymon.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I fucking got it. I finally learned the fence skip on Blizzard Bluff. It feels so good.

Man that one is so much harder than the jump across the gap lmao.

So I got till the end of the gold tier. Am I good to get the special 5% kart? Do I have to keep playing daily still? Damn this is little too much. Normally I dont even play until the weekends.

If you want to check whether you're fine, go to the leaderboards in the Grand Prix menu.
Take your rank divide it by the total number of players at the bottom, and then multiply it by 100. That will give you what percentage you are at.
Alternatively, you can take the total number of players and multiply it by 0.05. If you are ranked above the number you get there, you will be fine (the higher up you are the better, of course).

Placing in the top 5% of either the championship or nitro leaderboards should be sufficient (if it isn't, that'd be really bullshit because they did not communicate that).

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Damn... I may not make it to the very end of gold tier. Ultimate Alliance 3 fucked with my dailies. I'm 3 rewards away from the end.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Damn... I may not make it to the very end of gold tier. Ultimate Alliance 3 fucked with my dailies. I'm 3 rewards away from the end.
How much points do you have now? You need 42k to get to motorsport Tawna. You can earn about 1500 points daily and about 3000 from this last the weekly. That's without the bonus you get from using nitro gear as well, so you can have a 25-50% bonus on top of that going on on most of the challenges. So there's at least a easy 10k points to still earn if you're on top of clearing stuff from today onward.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I'm free.

EANivZlXsAAFvni

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

getting a new Coco energized me to try Dragon Mines Oxide again "for fun" lol. But it was really not all that difficult this time, so I guess this is just me feeling a little personal growth. Establishing Fire before the spiral is crucial, and U-turns gotta be on point. My run is not perfect by any means but I'm happy with how much I was able to clean up my approach.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
1:11:96! I'm almost there!

EAOX_kvUwAAqBsf

getting a new Coco energized me to try Dragon Mines Oxide again "for fun" lol. But it was really not all that difficult this time, so I guess this is just me feeling a little personal growth. Establishing Fire before the spiral is crucial, and U-turns gotta be on point. My run is not perfect by any means but I'm happy with how much I was able to clean up my approach.

Your U-turns were sexy as hell. I still can't make it up the spiral cleanly.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
New weekly challenges should help me earn around 3000 nitro points at least for me to remajn among the 5% to be on the safe side.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017

Nicely done, once you know u turns the track becomes a lot easier. I want to learn the shortcut on that track.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I thought I could buy all of the grand prix stuff from the pitstop, but I still have 6 wheels left to buy and like 15 paint jobs (though some are bundled). I use my Wumpa Time almost every day, granted I did take a vacation for a week, but still, you'd have to play super consistently to get everything in time.

Also they desperately need a ranking system. It's so demoralizing having 7/8 people not even finish a race.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do you do a U-turn.

Also is anyone interesting in helping me finish the Twilight Tour online things?

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
It's nice when you don't need the bonus GP items, I feel like that's the most annoying part of it.

EASFfA0XkAcofRM

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
TFW you manage to stay ahead of Oxide in Sewer Speedway, somehow getting through the shortcut at every lap, then proceed to get squashed by the last barrel and lose the time trial anyway

Sometime later I managed to beat Oxide anyway as I figured a way to hit the shortcut almost consistently (not only turning to be right in front of the shortcut jump, but also hopping in the process), but man, was it an ordeal.

Mocha

Dec 9, 2017
i wish i can check how many hours i put into this game for the ps4, i been playing almost everyday since it came out.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
Just about kept USF for all three laps on hot air skyway, feels like with a bit more practice I should be able to.

Sande

Oct 25, 2017
How do you consistently maintain blue boost? Long drops in particular are kicking my ass. It feels like coin toss.

I'm struggling with Hyper Spaceway in particular where I keep losing blue boost in drops and portals.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
How do you consistently maintain blue boost? Long drops in particular are kicking my ass. It feels like coin toss.

I'm struggling with Hyper Spaceway in particular where I keep losing blue boost in drops and portals.
You just need to have enough reserves. Powerslide instead of hopping for small jumps too.

Mirage

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got to get the Electron Deadinator tires I wanted, and I can use them without feeling like I'm missing out now too.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Anybody trying to grind out nitro challenges on Switch? I have a bro that needs some help

Here's his friend code and discord

SW-6275-5807-4400
Edge#8099

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I finally got Motorsport Tawna. :) I can return to Adventure Mode now lol.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Aight time to farm coins and get these last set of nitro points to maintain my postion to be o the safe side.