• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
If there's one change I'd do to the game, is to make it so that an un-juiced warp orb has a 0% chance of hitting anyone but the first. It's really annoying how inconsistent it is.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like they f'ed up weekend time again. Good lord Activision/Beenox. Anybody remember when it finally went live last time?

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
This is not a fuck up. They've changed the weekend bonus to be more alligned with the weekend.
Is it also kicking in the late afternoon in US like in Europe? At least in my timezone the new time slot means that if you can't play on Friday evening you basically have one less day of bonus...

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Looks like they f'ed up weekend time again. Good lord Activision/Beenox. Anybody remember when it finally went live last time?

I think it was around 10 AM PST Friday, ending same time Monday.

And again, this fuck up (if it is such a thing) enables an extra day of x2 Wumpa Time if you can schedule for it. Before, the bonus started and ended with the Pit Stop update and Wumpa Time reset, allowing only 3 days maximum.

Much like the coin adjustments early on, it seems like a poorly-communicated good thing.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I think it was around 10 AM PST Friday, ending same time Monday.

And again, this fuck up (if it is such a thing) enables an extra day of x2 Wumpa Time if you can schedule for it. Before, the bonus started and ended with the Pit Stop update and Wumpa Time reset, allowing only 3 days maximum.

Much like the coin adjustments early on, it seems like a poorly-communicated good thing.
I guess I'm just selfish then since I often can't do Friday night and sometimes can't do Sunday night, so it's 2/3 for me when I could usually hit 3 with Thursday night. I'd just like to know officially how it works.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I'm just selfish then since I often can't do Friday night and sometimes can't do Sunday night, so it's 2/3 for me when I could usually hit 3 with Thursday night. I'd just like to know officially how it works.
It's simply a 72 hour period of x2 coins every weekend, but ever since the last patch the time has been desynced from when it is actually supposed to start (potentially because of the desynced release times that the last patch had between region I speculate). It's clearly a bug since the messaging ingame is still the same as it was last GP and like most smaller bugs in this game it won't be patched till the next GP patch drops cause they clearly ran out of patching budget after all the PS4 save corruption nonsense.

I'm relatively sure it currently starts on friday at 2pm UTC and ends on monday at the same time. So potentially you can hit 4 daily bonuses in that timeframe. If you play every day at the same time you should still at least hit 3 bonuses anyway, with the difference being you'll potentially have a weekend bonus on monday instead of friday.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Besides, the first proper day of Gamescom literally just opened like an hour or two ago. If there are any news, they'll be coming in during the week.

Umm what news were you expecting? A pc release date? As much as i like that, thr most they could announce is the next gp stuff but i dont think thats be gamescom material ^^;

I think Spyro crossover content is perfectly fine to be shown off at Gamescom.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Too bad they didn't do a mid-season update. The rate of patches seems to be kinda slow considering the issues that keep cropping up and the areas that could use polish/QoL tweaks. Hopefully the Spyro GP brings good things.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Too bad they didn't do a mid-season update. The rate of patches seems to be kinda slow considering the issues that keep cropping up and the areas that could use polish/QoL tweaks. Hopefully the Spyro GP brings good things.
Yeah, hopefully the Spyro update is pretty meaty. The online mode needs more stuff, it's too stale right now if you're not racing agaisnt people of your level (which rarely happens with the non-existent matchmaking)

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
maybe i should stop farming coins now?

EChVXewXoAETEZh

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
Something that have been on my mind for some time.

Do we expect an adventure mode expansion with the events of Nitro Kart?

Was thinking about the little narrative elements in 2 of the Terra Tracks: Inferno Island and Tiny Temple show wreckege of Oxide's ship having crashed on the area, which i believe were missing from the original CNK, so maybe its a hint that they'll add that to adventure mode with some new bits of story?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Something that have been on my mind for some time.

Do we expect an adventure mode expansion with the events of Nitro Kart?

Was thinking about the little narrative elements in 2 of the Terra Tracks: Inferno Island and Tiny Temple show wreckege of Oxide's ship having crashed on the area, which i believe were missing from the original CNK, so maybe its a hint that they'll add that to adventure mode with some new bits of story?
I kinda do yeah. It's bizarre how all of the CNK tracks have relics, crystal and CTR challenges but the only way to access them is via the menu. Plus Fake Velo is missing, maybe in the update where they add him?

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Beenox apparently pushed some hotfix today that allows the Super Engine to show up in matchmaking races now. So there's an actual real way to catch up if you're behind now! It allows people to close gaps without fucking over everyone else and it does it in a way that isn't "everyone gets stunned so you still don't catch up" and you don't have to hope and pray waiting for the weapon to catch up to them, counting on them to not have a shield, or any of those variables -- AND you can't maintain the blue fire from them so it doesn't just immediately give someone blue fire for the rest of the race. I think this is one of the smartest things they've done so far honestly.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Beenox apparently pushed some hotfix today that allows the Super Engine to show up in matchmaking races now. So there's an actual real way to catch up if you're behind now! It allows people to close gaps without fucking over everyone else and it does it in a way that isn't "everyone gets stunned so you still don't catch up" and you don't have to hope and pray waiting for the weapon to catch up to them, counting on them to not have a shield, or any of those variables -- AND you can't maintain the blue fire from them so it doesn't just immediately give someone blue fire for the rest of the race. I think this is one of the smartest things they've done so far honestly.
Is this for real? That's something I've wanted since the release of the game.

Edit: It is!

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Friendly reminder that the weekend bonus goes live at friday 2pm UTC, not at the shop rotation. It goes down at Monday 2pm UTC so even if you missed the double coins today you'll be able to get a third day of double cons on the sunday>monday rotation.

Not sure how I feel about the superengine, always felt like it was a trash tier item. I'll give it a chance this weekend though before I form a opinion on it.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man, the Super Engine makes for such a good item actually. Testing it out I purposefully went into 8th place by like 15 seconds and by the end of the race between it and the masks I managed to come back to 4th place, and that was without maintaining Blue Fire for more than the first corner after the jump.

The best thing of these news is that it shows Beenox isn't afraid to change this kind of stuff. Hopefully we'll get a few items reworked and maybe fully new ones.