• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I'm still missing one sticker pack from the event and while I don't want it that much it just messes with me that it's the only thing I didn't get but I never saw it available

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how anyone feels about this balance update, but I'm actually disliking it greatly. As someone that's usually in the lead, being a frontrunner feels like complete ass right now. It was already kind of a snoozefest because all it came down to was getting a blue shield to defend against warp orbs and clocks, but now it just completely feels like a time trial. Maybe the new balance feels better when in the back of the pack, but I just came from a 15 game win streak with 0 blue orbs and 0 clocks being used and it honestly was one of the most boring play sessions I had so far. Lots of wumpa coins earned though, at least there's that.

I don't think any change to item rng is gonna help this game atm, the game needs fundamental changes to the core items if they actually wanna improve online item play. Gradual speed up on the Warp Orb so it can actually hit the person in first instead of never catching and perhaps a smaller hitbox so it's easier to dodge when not being targeted by it so more people can catch up, give Clocks a proper slowdown time spread so it actually brings the pack closer together and perhaps change the spin out part of it so people don't exclusively use it to snipe gaps, let juiced missiles track the track so they actually fulfill a different purpose than bombs and can actually propose a threat to players far ahead instead of directly going into walls on any turn, Super Engine while deactivating should give you whatever level of boost you had whenever you activated the item back if you still have reserves instead of forcefully downgrade you flame to level 1 red flame. There's a lot to be improved, but as long as the netcode operates on the "shooter first" logic I wonder how much better regular item play can actually feel, not properly being able to defend with a nicely timed beaker or tnt definitely takes away a lot of the strategy behind item play. As much as CTR is still the best kart game from a racing mechanics perspective, the item part is just leaving an insane lot to be desired.

Also still hoping they'll implement a system to change classes on a character. As much as I'm destroying the online with Liz lately, actually using her as a "viable" class would be the dream.

Very much looking forward to the Spyro GP soon though, especially since I won't actually be able to buy Spyro switch next month yet. Being broke feels bad man. :(

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm liking the super engine addition, but not totally sure how I feel about the balancing. Too many clocks sucked but now it feels like everybody is just firing missiles at each other while one person gets very far ahead.
Idk, maybe they need new weapons entirely.

It also seems like they introduced some new bugs in this update. Twice now I've run into a wall but instead of stopping I went straight up the wall and into the abyss. And a couple times while using a beaker behind me it triggers as soon as I fire and spins me out.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Pit Stop is being reset in 4 days, so it's probably fair to say that Spyro will be starting on Friday.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Anybody else not gaining coins? Just used half of my wumpa time and I only have 300 coins, ugh.

Edit: Yep, definitely not gaining any coins at all.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Well, guess I'll just stop for now. Known griefer Feyenoord is back on the game and griefing his ass off again. He has now adopted the strategy of standing still at the start off the race just so he can race with the frontrunners while having 8th place items. Looks like the inclusion of Super Engine only helps him keep up with the frontrunners just so he can hit them with whatever comes from the next item box.

Beenox, enough is enough, ban Feyenoord of Switch CTR. He has been griefing for TWO WHOLE MONTHS, permaban his ass! At least give me a way to blacklist him out of my lobbies and I never get matchmade with him. If you're worried about matchmaking, do it like Overwatch where you can only avoid 2 or 3 players at a time. It's unacceptable this type of behavior can just persists in this game without any penalty (and that the matchmaking system still is purely region based).

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Known griefer Feyenoord is back on the game and griefing his ass off again.

I've been getting him in my lobbies in the past few days as well, probably cause it's the weekend. Yesterday the game literally only matched me up with him and nobody else (unless the lobby also contained him!) until I decided to stop and do the online challenges later.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
You can now spend Wumpa Coins to get the remaining rewards for the Grand Prix. Depending on how far ahead you are the price decreases, assuming you haven't played at all it takes 14k to unlock all the rewards. This doesn't affect the leaderboard, so you can't pay to boost your position in the rankings.

This is a great change. I didn't play much this time so I'm only midways through silver, gonna farm a bit and get the stuff I'm missing.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
You can now spend Wumpa Coins to get the remaining rewards for the Grand Prix. Depending on how far ahead you are the price decreases, assuming you haven't played at all it takes 14k to unlock all the rewards. This doesn't affect the leaderboard, so you can't pay to boost your position in the rankings.

This is a great change. I didn't play much this time so I'm only midways through silver, gonna farm a bit and get the stuff I'm missing.
OH hell yes. Beautiful change. I didn't want to invest the time in the final tier of the track but spending wumpa for the stuff is very welcome.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Very generous wumpa for the Grand Prix tbh. You could get 14k in like 2 days on a weekend lol.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
So are they still having problems making the Beach N.Trance skin available? I got all the other skins now but his still doesn't show up in the shop.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica

That's actually a great change

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

Guess i am saving up 14k coins over my next gp session and then putting it towards the gp.

PSqueak

Oct 25, 2017
I've been getting him in my lobbies in the past few days as well, probably cause it's the weekend. Yesterday the game literally only matched me up with him and nobody else (unless the lobby also contained him!) until I decided to stop and do the online challenges later.

Probably it's been confirmed officially, but i believe the game kinda gates you with people from around your region, i for sure know that i get matchmade only with other mexicans without having the option to enable a world wide match making.

Zero_IYAD

Oct 27, 2017

Switch version doesn't have this feature!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Probably it's been confirmed officially, but i believe the game kinda gates you with people from around your region, i for sure know that i get matchmade only with other mexicans without having the option to enable a world wide match making.

Yeah he's in Europe (presumably Dutch), as am I.
I've only ever gotten rando-lobbied with other Euros, as well.

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
This is what I think too. Most of my groups seem to be at least half Canadian (based on car stickers)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he's in Europe (presumably Dutch), as am I.
I've only ever gotten rando-lobbied with other Euros, as well.
Yeah, Dutch as well and completely unable to dodge that guy whenever he's online. I get why they so heavily region lock matchmaking considering how poor the netcode in general seems to be with all the laggy items, but at this point I'd rather have the lag just to get the player variety, lol.

In other horrible news, both Hot Air Skyway and Thunder Struck are broken again. Hopefully Beenox is aware and have already fixed it in the Spyro patch cause a whole month without N.Gin Labs was horrible.

Last edited:

Bunta

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, Dutch as well and completely unable to dodge that guy whenever he's online. I get why they so heavily region lock matchmaking considering how poor the netcode in general seems to be with all the laggy items, but at this point I'd rather have the lag just to get the player variety, lol.

In other horrible news, both Hot Air Skyway and Thunder Struck are broken again. Hopefully Beenox is aware and have already fixed it in the Spyro patch cause a whole month with N.Gin Labs was horrible.

How do people even discover this shit.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
How do people even discover this shit.
Well, in this game's case all these skips are found because this game doesn't have a checkpoint system like most other kart games do, so all it really comes down to is to find out how far the invisible finish line extends outward and finding a way to get around it without hitting it so hitting it from the other side counts as a new lap again. The fact they fixed Thunder Struck the first time by placing a invisible wall kinda exposed that there really isn't a hidden checkpoint system at all so now it's basically trial and error to find such a skip. Even putting a single hidden checkpoint at the other side of all the tracks would've mitigated the need for all these bandaid patches to unintended shortcuts, so hopefully the next patch actually has some preemptive measures to make sure it won't happen again.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Voting for Dingo Canyon should instantly ban you from playing online. What a trash track

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Track is looking nice. If it goes through multiple Spyro 1 level settings I can only expect it's gonna be a very long track like the other new tracks, but I'll forgive it for a Spyro themed track.

Gnasty Gnorc confirmed though, so it's time to bury the dream. R.I.P.

mxwnyvzyp4k21.png

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
Here's some stuff to note about what was revealed from the website:
  • New Track: Burn rubber through Spyro Circuit, a brand-new track and explore the Dragon Realms while collecting gems, dodging firework bundles and flying by sheep.
  • New Karts: Make them rubber-neck as you fly by in style! This season introduces Spyromobile, Gnasty Ride and Dragonfly into the kart lineup
  • New Characters: Hunter, Spyro and Gnasty Gnorc are making their entrance as playable racers in Crash Team Racing!

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
In
Track is looking nice. If it goes through multiple Spyro 1 level settings I can only expect it's gonna be a very long track like the other new tracks, but I'll forgive it for a Spyro themed track.

Gnasty Gnorc confirmed though, so it's time to bury the dream. R.I.P.

mxwnyvzyp4k21.png
alot of people are starting to guess that there might be more Spyro themed GP later down the line so they might be a chance they could show up

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some stuff to note about what was revealed from the website:
Not even Ripto, just Gnasty. That's a yikes from me.
alot of people are starting to guess that there might be more Spyro themed GP later down the line so they might be a chance they could show up
I guess with just 3 characters per GP instead of the originally expected 5 because of the Nitro Squad and the datamined stuff, it would sorta make sense both Baby Trophy and Baby Cortex along with Ripto and Sorceress that were spotted in the datamine got pushed over to a second season of similarly themed GP's. I kinda feel that more GP's happening is gonna be kinda dependent on how well the micro-transactions do though so I don't like that prospect atm.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can imagine that with just how successful CTR was, Activision told Beenox to pad out the content a bit, with the original plan being a total of 6 or 7 GPs or so, but now they'll continue supporting it for longer.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I imagine they've got plenty planned, but only confirmed the first 3 unless it all went down the crapper.

They have 11 other characters datamined in one way or another, which would mean another 4 more GPs. One or two would be Tag Team Racing based (Though it would be a massive change to whatever it was originally). Where does Rilla Roo fit into all this? A Crash Bash themed track?

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
They have 11 other characters datamined in one way or another

There were 22 additional characters datamined beyond the 5 trophy girls. Minus the 3 Back N Time characters, and the presumably 3 Spyro GP characters - unless we're getting
the other 2 Spyro characters as well
- we've still got 16 characters left.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Wonder what's gonna happen after this Grand Prix. We know there's a Halloween one datamined, but man I hope Beenox aren't crunching hard to get these out of the door. Idk how long they take to make everything but 1/month seems like a bit too extreme of a rhythm.

Although they're ahead of the schedule, so maybe it's not that bad.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Wonder what's gonna happen after this Grand Prix. We know there's a Halloween one datamined, but man I hope Beenox aren't crunching hard to get these out of the door. Idk how long they take to make everything but 1/month seems like a bit too extreme of a rhythm.

Although they're ahead of the schedule, so maybe it's not that bad.

There also were ones for Nov and Dec datamined, but without theme.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's gonna be multiple Spyro events because it seems this one is based on the first Spyro game with the level and only Gnasty Gnorc.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I wonder if the there's gonna be multiple Spyro events because it seems this one is based on the first Spyro game with the level and only Gnasty Gnorc.
Hunter wasn't on Spyro 1 though. Personally I think we'll get another one focused on Ripto, since he's the most known villain of the series.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
Out of all the Spyro characters they could've put in they chose Gnasty Gnorc.
Well then.