• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Track is looking nice. If it goes through multiple Spyro 1 level settings I can only expect it's gonna be a very long track like the other new tracks, but I'll forgive it for a Spyro themed track.

Gnasty Gnorc confirmed though, so it's time to bury the dream. R.I.P.

mxwnyvzyp4k21.png

Wait has Moneybags been datamined?!?!?

I know Ripto was. Maybe that means he's coming later? I want Moneybags so fucking bad.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
While the Spyro track looks very pretty, it looks kinda boring to me, not too many shortcuts by the looks of it.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
My girlfriend is fucking losing it. Spyro's her favorite series. This is some great stuff.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Do we know the stats? Guessing: Spyro = balanced, Hunter = accel, Gnasty Gnorc = speed.

People are trying to guess based on how the characters are turning in this video:

The assumptions are

Gnasty is Turning
Spyro is Balanced/Accel
Hunter is Accel/Speed

If Spyro is Balanced, there will be many a scream for getting Engine Classes options in the kart customization into the game as soon as possible.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Hoping against hope that they eventually come back to Spyro. There's so much good material there, and eventually they'll be scraping bottom of the barrel when it comes to Crash characters. Once you cover the missing villains (Brio, Moe, Kong, Nina, Rilla) and CTTR characters (Pasadena, Von Clutch, Chick, Stew, Willie if you insist) , you aren't left with much. I guess there's a few Twinsanity adds they could go for. Maybe panda girl from the mobile Nitro Kart. Prominent stooges like the lab assistant, or Pork the original rideable critter.

Maybe I'm a little over-optimistic about the extent of this game's support though. Could be they just do five or so GPs and cap it with a PC release. But if we never get a troublesome trolley kart, then I don't know what this world is about anymore.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hoping against hope that they eventually come back to Spyro. There's so much good material there, and eventually they'll be scraping bottom of the barrel when it comes to Crash characters. Once you cover the missing villains (Brio, Moe, Kong, Nina, Rilla) and CTTR characters (Pasadena, Von Clutch, Chick, Stew, Willie if you insist) , you aren't left with much. I guess there's a few Twinsanity adds they could go for. Maybe panda girl from the mobile Nitro Kart. Prominent stooges like the lab assistant, or Pork the original rideable critter.

Maybe I'm a little over-optimistic about the extent of this game's support though. Could be they just do five or so GPs and cap it with a PC release. But if we never get a troublesome trolley kart, then I don't know what this world is about anymore.

To each their own, but try as I might... I just can not relate to this.

My view as a Crash fan is that they *should* scrape the bottom of the barrel before they start looking back outside the confines of Crash. I'm not saying go all the way down the ladder to Psycho Mandrake or the Chimera, but as a major fan of both Crash and Spyro, I have just, for whatever reason, never had this desire to intermingle them all the time. I already feel like it's treated too much as a package deal as is.

I'm not gonna throw a fit or anything if they do it, I guess...but I am gonna be admittedly a bit bothered by a second (or especially a third) Spyro track and Spyro's sidekick gallery making it in when that season could be used to bring in the entire major/supporting cast of the Crash series. I realize I'm probably in the minority but Madame Amberly and the Viscount mean more to me as a Crash fan than Ripto and the Sorceress or Bianca, etc.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I suppose it's because I'm as much a fan of Spyro as I am of Crash (and more of a fan of Spyro 1-3 than of Crash post CTR), and I don't see Spyro ever getting his own racing spinoff, let alone one that plays as well as CTR (frankly there's no competition anywhere for my tastes), so I see this as the only possibility of Spyro getting in on the same series celebration train that Crash has. Spyro already has a lot of racing emphasis, with actual race tracks or speedways or what have you on several of its levels. It's a winning combination in my eyes.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
To each their own, but try as I might... I just can not relate to this.

My view as a Crash fan is that they *should* scrape the bottom of the barrel before they start looking back outside the confines of Crash. I'm not saying go all the way down the ladder to Psycho Mandrake or the Chimera, but as a major fan of both Crash and Spyro, I have just, for whatever reason, never had this desire to intermingle them all the time. I already feel like it's treated too much as a package deal as is.

I'm not gonna throw a fit or anything if they do it, I guess...but I am gonna be admittedly a bit bothered by a second (or especially a third) Spyro track and Spyro's sidekick gallery making it in when that season could be used to bring in the entire major/supporting cast of the Crash series. I realize I'm probably in the minority but Madame Amberly and the Viscount mean more to me as a Crash fan than Ripto and the Sorceress or Bianca, etc.
I get what you mean, one of the reasons I liked Team Sonic Racing was precisely that it allowed Sumo Digital to reference stuff that would've never appeared on a SEGA game, but man I'd dig Spyro content so much lol. MK8 has 2 F-Zero tracks, an Animal Crossing and a Zelda track, another Spyro GP wouldn't be that bad.

The only problem is that Spyro has a more limited roster compared to Crash. Not necessarily in terms of quantity of characters, but besides Ripto, Elora and maybe Bianca there's really not much to add that wouldn't feel out of place in CTR. Following with the MK8 example, it'd be like if they made Tingle playable while other more relevant characters aren't in.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I could see a Spyro 2 GP featuring Elora, Bianca, Moneybags and Ripto and a Spyro 3 GP with Sheila, Sgt. Byrd, Bentley and Agent 9 (and Sorceress?). Clearly not happening but one can hope, lol.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I suppose it's because I'm as much a fan of Spyro as I am of Crash (and more of a fan of Spyro 1-3 than of Crash post CTR), and I don't see Spyro ever getting his own racing spinoff, let alone one that plays as well as CTR (frankly there's no competition anywhere for my tastes), so I see this as the only possibility of Spyro getting in on the same series celebration train that Crash has. Spyro already has a lot of racing emphasis, with actual race tracks or speedways or what have you on several of its levels. It's a winning combination in my eyes.

Realistically this is why I wouldn't be MAD if they do it, I just have my pretty clear preference. After they added Mind Over Mutant skins it's kind of opened my eyes to the fact they're not afraid to dig beyond the purist surface of things and I just wanna see Beenox get the most out of it.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I'm particularly happy that no piece of Crash story will be left behind; --so many different people contributed for the series, so they should celebrate what they have done in the past.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Realistically the Spyro integration is to try and have a bit of collab with the Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to Switch in a week or two.

Posted this in another thread, but It's sad seeing Team Sonic Racing just fall on its face just lacking content. The games for Sonic are too strung up on splitting the "Classic" and "Modern" lineage. Compared to Crash Team Racing, which has been an amazing throwback to everything Crash, Sonic just seems poor in comparison.

They got so stuck on the "story" and the team mechanic which severely hindered the amount of characters they could have, and even then the teams don't make any sense. I'm sure the devs, had they been left alone, would have made some awesome stuff, but Sonic Team just couldn't leave them alone, and also cheaped out with requirng so many old stages in it.

CTR went and made the podium girls playable characters. They're going to add Rilla Roo, a character that only existed in Crash Bash. If TSR was like this, we'd have Nack, Honey, Void, Lumina. Hell, they'd make a stage about Sonic Spinball and have the Kangaroo helpers as characters you can race with. They couldn't even put the whole Chaotix crew in it.

And I love playing as the "dumb" characters. In S&SASR I played as Robo and Mobo. In CTR I play as Ami mostly, but I love that stupid characters like N-Trance is in here too.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Realistically the Spyro integration is to try and have a bit of collab with the Spyro Reignited Trilogy coming to Switch in a week or two.

Posted this in another thread, but It's sad seeing Team Sonic Racing just fall on its face just lacking content. The games for Sonic are too strung up on splitting the "Classic" and "Modern" lineage. Compared to Crash Team Racing, which has been an amazing throwback to everything Crash, Sonic just seems poor in comparison.

They got so stuck on the "story" and the team mechanic which severely hindered the amount of characters they could have, and even then the teams don't make any sense. I'm sure the devs, had they been left alone, would have made some awesome stuff, but Sonic Team just couldn't leave them alone, and also cheaped out with requirng so many old stages in it.

CTR went and made the podium girls playable characters. They're going to add Rilla Roo, a character that only existed in Crash Bash. If TSR was like this, we'd have Nack, Honey, Void, Lumina. Hell, they'd make a stage about Sonic Spinball and have the Kangaroo helpers as characters you can race with. They couldn't even put the whole Chaotix crew in it.

And I love playing as the "dumb" characters. In S&SASR I played as Robo and Mobo. In CTR I play as Ami mostly, but I love that stupid characters like N-Trance is in here too.
Honestly, kart racer rosters peaked with Ryo riding an Outrun Cabinet that transforms into Hang On and After Burner cabinets.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I know this is a really stupid question coming from someone who goes out of their way to play as Golfer Norm but what's the appeal of Willie Wumpacheeks other than a vague idea of completing Crash's entire gallery of characters? He wasn't even behind the wheel in the one game he was in, and while I understand the Nitro Squad is in a similar position, I would argue their significance to the original experience is a whole lot more impactful. Willie just feels like a vague un-threat where at the very least Rilla Roo has the distinction of being the first non-Naughty Dog character and someone like N. Trance was the main villain of their own game with a huge presence

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I know this is a really stupid question coming from someone who goes out of their way to play as Golfer Norm but what's the appeal of Willie Wumpacheeks other than a vague idea of completing Crash's entire gallery of characters? He wasn't even behind the wheel in the one game he was in, and while I understand the Nitro Squad is in a similar position, I would argue their significance to the original experience is a whole lot more impactful. Willie just feels like a vague un-threat where at the very least Rilla Roo has the distinction of being the first non-Naughty Dog character and someone like N. Trance was the main villain of their own game with a huge presence
I personally like absurd designs like Willie and back when I played Tag Team I was disappointed that we couldn't play as him. So if the datamine is correct, I'm more than happy to finally having him playable.

Besides, if they bring Von Clutch and Pasadena, with Chick and Stew as the hosts of every Grand Prix (and supposedly they'll end being playable too), Willie being the only one being left out would be a pity.

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
Outside of Nina possibly coming via the leak, there's not much in terms of Twinsanity characters or skins I could think of, outside of an "Evil Crash" skin, the Two Parrot characters as one character, or some of the weird one-off bosses (Fat Teacher, Walrus Cook).

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Here's absolute all the Crash characters missing that could end being playable --

Crash 1:
N. Brio (announced)
Koala Kong (datamined)
Warthog
Tribesman
Lab Assistant

Crash 2:
Komodo Moe (announced)

Crash 3:
Baby Cortex (datamined)
Baby N. Tropy (datamined)

Crash Bash:
Rilla Roo (datamined)
Bearminator

Huge Adventure:
Megamix

Nitro Kart:
Fake Velo (datamined)

Purple:
Nina (announced)

Twinsanity:
Evil Twins
Farmer Ernest
Rusty Walrus
Madame Amberly
Evil Crash
Evil Coco (scrapped character)

Tag Team Racing:
Von Clutch (datamined)
Pasadena (datamined)
Willie Wumpa (datamined)
Chick (datamined)
Stew (datamined)
Park Drone

Boom Bang:
Viscount

Nitro Kart 2 (mobile):
Yaya Panda

of course, we also have the King Chicken character that was datamined, which is complete original; Also Fasty the Hippo which was supposedly a scrapped character in the original CTR, he was datamined by then vanished.. possibly because his rights could be in a weird place

Last edited:

Nume

Oct 28, 2017
So I started doing challenges in the Grand Prix, I am almost at the 3rd reward, I'm supposed to have unlocked the first kart and the green gem sticker but the kart shows up as locked still for me. Wtf :/

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia

Willie has infinitely more character than the original Nitro Squad ever did and he's the main villain of Tag Team Racing, and people at the time thought it was weird he wasn't unlockable. I think going to bat for Rilla is much stranger considering Tag Team is actually a racer and all of the kart bodies and some of the tracks and skins are already from that game; and I say that as someone who really wants Rilla.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
N Gin labs shortcut definitely seems removed unless there's just another way to do it

Edit: Thunderstruck skip is still in

Last edited:

PerrierChaud

Feb 24, 2019
Just bought the game yesterday and was wondering: what the hell is up with matchmaking and online play in this game? Is it always this buggy? Everything runs like a mess

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I keep on seeing people disconnect all the time during a race, missile target not disappearing, and just now I think I saw a couple of players idling or something? Idk it just seems really messy on PS4
Must be your internet connection then, the online was a shitshow in the first few weeks but they've fixed it since.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Gnasty Gnorc being classed as a "good" character because he gets the Sparx item is so jarring, it feels so wrong to hear Aku Aku with him

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
EDO13fCXkAABgic

did they give this too people? i don't even think i was on top %10

also the crystal challenge nitro farming are returned for now, go idle it now while you can.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
69833246_2426997134052513_596932610840592384_o.jpg

Nearly to Gold. 'bout as good a place to stop as any :P

I like the new track as a change of pace from the other two. More focused on avoiding obstacles and getting your turns than maintaining blue fire (none to be found) or hitting shortcuts (none intentional aside from maybe that edge jump past the ice/wind wizards). Generally keeps it a tight race. And the reskinning of various pickups is really neat.