• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Looks like we're still waiting on those price raises/coin rate reductions that are perpetually on the horizon. Any day now. Any day.

Bleh
Was hoping i cohld do it ina dvance :v

If you could do it in advance, the grind would never be worth it. You'd be able to afford the entire reward track within two days (one hour of in-race time) even if you hadn't saved up beforehand.

If you want it early, you have to engage a bit more.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Huh that's pretty cool. Coco might get her spaceship put into the game then.

Maybe. As some have pointed out, the plane appears to be associated with the Call of Duty Endowment charity (note the logo on the side of the plane). In just about every Call of Duty this gen, there's been some kind of CODE DLC pack for $5 or so that gets you some CODE themed cosmetic items while the proceeds go to the charity. Looks like Crash is going to be getting in on it too.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Here's something I made using an old mockup of the pre-release times. I added some more characters and divided them by debut/origin. The green slots are obviously characters already confirmed to be coming or already in the game; the blue ones were previously datamined (currently it seems all the names vanished from the code, supposedly to hide the information) and the non filled ones are no mentioned everywhere for the time being:

This list is basically the same of the text version I posted in the other page, but this should better illustrate future inclusions, I suppose:

Nitro-Fueled-Cast.png

The last two characters are King Chicken (original) and Fasty the Hippo; --originally he was found in the files but got removed quickly in the next update. Hope it helps!

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
EDO13fCXkAABgic

did they give this too people? i don't even think i was on top %10

also the crystal challenge nitro farming are returned for now, go idle it now while you can.
What's the nitro farm thing if you dont mind me asking. I will look it up later but it's not like I need to farm pts like mad.

Honestly i only buy the special skins and special karts. I miss most wheels, body paints and stickers.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
If I haven't gotten this game can I still have access to Grand Prix stuff that was released previously? I just hate being late buying games and not having access. Don't mind the grind if I have to grind to obtain.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Here's something I made using an old mockup of the pre-release times. I added some more characters and divided them by debut/origin. The green slots are obviously characters already confirmed to be coming or already in the game; the blue ones were previously datamined (currently it seems all the names vanished from the code, supposedly to hide the information) and the non filled ones are no mentioned everywhere for the time being:

This list is basically the same of the text version I posted in the other page, but this should better illustrate future inclusions, I suppose:

Nitro-Fueled-Cast.png

The last two characters are King Chicken (original) and Fasty the Hippo; --originally he was found in the files but got removed quickly in the next update. Hope it helps!

Great work as always!

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So a European player in reddit posted that they could redeem the Mondelez promo codes on their European console.
That is great news! And also means that I'd love if someone could check if they can find any of the candies that have the codes in 'em. I'd be willing to compensate you for the cost, if you so desire (either via PayPal, or I also have a bunch of old Steam keys I'm willing to part with as well!).

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I played a race on mirror mode in Hot Air Skyway and it felt like all my CTR skill was taken away from me. I don't like it

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm only able to find the Watermelon SPK package today. Would have preferred getting all four in one go but it's better than nothing.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So as a PSA for those of you outside of the US and on the Switch in regards to the Mondelez stuff:
You are going to have to change the country your Nintendo account is tied to (it's on the Nintendo website) - the Switch's system region does not matter. This will not work if you have an eshop balance tied to your account (gold points are fine tho). Once you set your country to US, you have to let the eshop sort itself out, and then you can redeem the code. You also can swap back to your original country and still will keep the content unlocked.

Sadly I too only got the sticker set out of the Watermelon SPK so far, but it's a start.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Third Day in and just unlocked the Dragonfly Kart, so halfway through the GP already.

Shame I'll be missing a week on vacation. But I'll be back in time for the next weeklies which is what critically matters.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Still debating on getting this on the Sony sale. I am worried I won't be able to put the time into getting the grand prix done

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Still debating on getting this on the Sony sale. I am worried I won't be able to put the time into getting the grand prix done

If you don't care about getting the champion kart/GP decal, you can just grind 14k coins and buy the whole rewards track at the end of the grand prix. Oh, and the further along you make it, the cheaper the rewards track will be. 14k is for if you literally don't play all month.

Caveats are that the ease with which you can get those coins depends on if you've got PS+ and a willingness to play online (private matches work too, but you have to have at least one other player to start a race). Also that will only get you whats in the rewards track. The GP items in the Pit Stop (including two of the three new characters) are separate buys.

That said, every GP item that's gone and still locked displays the message "coming back soon!" I've even heard tell that the champion kart will be available to buy at the end of all this. Probably not the decals though.

That's actually the worst part because I wanna be in the top 5% for that Spyro Decal, so I need to play longer.

Though it does feel like those that complete the Gold Tier will also be in the top 5% automatically.

Yeah, my friend barely made gold last time but was well within top 5%. That was on PS though, might be slightly more difficult on the other platforms. However, now that we know the nitro rewards will be buyable at the end of the GP, I'm sure a lot of folks will ease off on the hardcore grinding.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
for each GP so far I've only had to grind for two and half weeks, if that. At that point, I'm usually at 1% on the Nitro leaderboards and I stop worrying.

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
for each GP so far I've only had to grind for two and half weeks, if that. At that point, I'm usually at 1% on the Nitro leaderboards and I stop worrying.
There is no need to be worried
Last GP i got 42300 nitro and my rank was 23000 or maybe more and i got the prize.

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Embarrassing confesion time: I get a little emotional when racing on Crash Cove and when the main melody of the music appears

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Thank god it only took me an hour or so to get Spyro, because the online is still fucking aggravating lol

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Just noticed the game got reviewbombed on Metacritic for the microtransactions lol

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Just unlocked Spyro and I think I'm done with the game. Got the platinum, had much fun for over two months, but now it's time to move on. 9/10.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Just noticed the game got reviewbombed on Metacritic for the microtransactions lol

What is it about these games getting dragged through the mud over the most innocuous shit? I remember people were taking a ferocious stand against Spyro because you had to download some data before you could play the full game. Now we've got some of the most stale bread microtransactions I've seen in ages--in the face of some of the best post-launch content support I've seen in ages--and people have been acting as though every level in Adventure mode is on some kind of mobile game cooldown timer.

God forbid they offer a way to buy the easily earnable coins which are used purely on cosmetics that weren't in the original game as part of a customization system that wasn't in the original game. But I guess it's a cardinal gamer sin to add in mtx to a remake in a way that impacts none of what is being remade.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Maybe if they were in since launch I would agree with you, but the way Activision went about it should be completely unacceptable. Not having them at launch to get all the positive press just flip the mtx switch on one and a half months later so all the people that wouldn't have gotten the game if they knew about it already got scammed into buying it, that's just some awful scumbaggery that easily deserves that kind of reviewbombing, or at least deserves it more than what some other games got reviewbombed over. And lets not act like the customization system doesn't overshadow the entire game even if the original game isn't technically impacted.

Mind you, I'm not personally bothered by it as this was all within expectations for me, as soon as the fortnite shop and the online only coins info got shown it was immediately clear mxt were coming. That said though, defending the way Activision handled it should just not be a thing at all imo, this situation was definitely the type of consumer deceit that needs called out and pushed against.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I wouldn't defend the way they handled it. It was crappy, although not surprising. The problem is that most of the objections I've seen aren't even directed at that aspect of the situation. A lot of it is just an ignorant understanding of how the MTX are implemented. People making up stories about Beenox reducing payouts or raising prices, or claiming that earnable things that were in the game way-back-when were taken out to be sold back through MTX. It's a bunch of rubbish with a smattering of truth.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I can't find much outrage in myself when they were forthright that they would be evaluating adding them post launch. The director of the game said it flat out on at least one highly publicized occasion.

I know people have that interview from ScreenRant that says they said the game would "avoid them" but it's clear from context they were talking about the game avoiding paid DLC, not cosmetic microtransactions and I think that it was a misunderstanding and the misquote set a dangerous chain of reactions in motion. I also think ScreenRant editing their story to say "they lied to us" is a bit disingenuous too, because from the context it doesn't look like they did, to me.

Mind you, I still think it's wack that they definitely designed the store with the capability of doing it and added them post launch. I'd prefer they weren't there. But they're far from the most exploitative thing, especially for Activision, and they keep going season by season without nerfing payouts or anything, so if they keep proving me wrong I'll give them the benefit of the doubt on it. It's not optimal, and they should just be like 'yeah, if the game does well enough to support we'll probably be adding them' instead, but damn.

The biggest tell to me is that the post-season reward unlock is 14,000 coins for 18 in-game items if you hadn't played at all that season, which is literally two one-hour play sessions a week's worth of coins. It's not exactly going to extort much money out of people unless they just don't feel like playing the game.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I can definitely feel my momentum on this game beginning to peter out as I haven't been as good with cleaning out the event gear every rollover,