• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
yeah I had to take a break unintentionally since I went on vacation, but even when I came back I was feeling a bit of a burnout. Partly because I was a little let down by the offerings of the last GP. For this one though? Holy shit. Nina's track is amazing, all the new content is GREAT, and the class swap feature is something that I didn't know I really wanted. Online races also feel more fun to me now. So nice to see more Polar and Pura. Frankly all of this gives me that much more hope for the careful handling of CTR2 if it becomes a thing.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The one thing I still fucking hate is the net code. Getting sniped by potions and shields from people nowhere close to me is obnoxious.

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
okay so Nina Nightmare has a Activation Crate in it and plays a sound when ever you use it but like every other Activation Crate in the game also plays that same sound bite.

Last edited:

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely noticed the menacing laughter when racing through Tiny Temple. I was like "what the hell was that? was that always there?"

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Do I have to do something to make the firehawk available? I'm on PS4, I purchased the add-on, it shows installed, but I don't see it available in my karts? Restarted several times.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Hm, they made it so the Super Engine squishes other players now. Weird stealth buff they made to the item.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Gotta say I really dislike the changes to the Pit Stop now. Before, I was getting mostly GP items but now I only have two since I never bought most stickers/CNK characters. Most of my shop is them now, I dont want to buy them come on :|

Last edited:

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't know Nina existed until news of this GP so I had no initial investment in her character, but I actually like her a lot lol.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Gotta say I really dislike the changes to the Pit Stop now. Before, I was getting mostly GP items but now I only have two since I never bought most stickers/CNK characters. Most of my shop is them now, I dont want to buy them come on :|

That sucks. I'd bought nearly all the standard items, so the impression I got was that GP items were dominant and could be bought through to more GP items. Sorry to see that isn't the case.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
That sucks. I'd bought nearly all the standard items, so the impression I got was that GP items were dominant and could be bought through to more GP items. Sorry to see that isn't the case.
Yeah it's definitely a good change for those who bought most of the base items but if you didn't you get stuck with nearly no GP items available.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
my Pit Stop is empty but apparently I still need a few stickers. I guess there is still something of a rotation? Might have just been overlooked.

Last edited:

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Ican't do a lot of these challenges. they are pretty hard. ive been doing quick and dailies and hoping that i can actually move up the grand prix bar lol

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Ican't do a lot of these challenges. they are pretty hard. ive been doing quick and dailies and hoping that i can actually move up the grand prix bar lol
as long as you max out the extra Nitro (which I believe is +50%) you will be fine honestly. You might have to grind it out a little longer but you shouldn't have a problem finishing. I'm not even trying right now and at day 3 I have 13K already.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
as long as you max out the extra Nitro (which I believe is +50%) you will be fine honestly. You might have to grind it out a little longer but you shouldn't have a problem finishing. I'm not even trying right now and at day 3 I have 13K already.

i think i do too. i dont play much online. i feel like u get wumpa coins quickly too. i bought a set in the pit shop. game is cool but im too bad at online to care.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Gotta say Nina's Nightmare might be the first dlc track I'm not a huge fan of. The design itself is cool but the obstacles are hella annoying like the pumpkin goop and that spider animatronic.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017

so, I thought I was crazy yesterday when I saw someone using the Firehawk with what looked to be the Spectral Purple paint job, but it turns out that it's possible with a glitch.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
OK, I revised this old chart I made for pre-release speculation with our current roster and the datamined characters by BetaM; it's better organized now, properly labeled and I added the rest of Spyro characters;

Nitro-Fueled-Cast-Oct-19.png

Last edited:

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
So like two days ago, my pit stop was full of GP items, I spent all my coins and it was still full of GP items, but ever since, it's been nothing but standard base game items. Why isn't the GP stuff showing up anymore?

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
So like two days ago, my pit stop was full of GP items, I spent all my coins and it was still full of GP items, but ever since, it's been nothing but standard base game items. Why isn't the GP stuff showing up anymore?
GP items seems to be randomly thrown in with the regular items this GP, so unfortunately you'll just have to be lucky this time around for GP items to show up.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
GP items seems to be randomly thrown in with the regular items this GP, so unfortunately you'll just have to be lucky this time around for GP items to show up.
I guess this is their solution for people complaining that they couldn't get the regular stuff when a GP is active (which is virtually all the time), but they really should just have 2 pages of the store.

Rated-G

Oct 29, 2017
I guess this is their solution for people complaining that they couldn't get the regular stuff when a GP is active (which is virtually all the time), but they really should just have 2 pages of the store.

Ugh, yeah, now I'm having trouble getting time limited items because I just don't have the time to both do the event/take advantage of my wumpa time AND make enough coins to spend them on both event and regular items. Not if I want to be able to play anything else at least. I liked the way it worked the first day, where it kept restocking slots with GP items so I COULD have bought everything day 1 if I'd had enough coins.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
is it me or does Deep Sea Driving feel like molasses basically everywhere but the tubes, even with blue fire?

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Omg, this is great! I thought it seemed better, I've been really close to getting first a couple times in the last day. This will make online races so much more enjoyable.

Between this and the class shakeup, I'm pretty happy with the game now. I don't know what else I would even ask for more besides more content, which is already coming.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
*Near the end of Nina's Nightmare on the third lap*

*Reaches short ramp before house*

*Hits top of ramp like a wall*

*Gets passed*

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was wondering how I was doing so well at games yesterday. I was actually having fun again!

Now we need a more structured look for the skill based matchmaking, and itemless races and cups.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Beenox seem to really be hitting all the right notes lately.
Indeed. Even the ghost catching addition with this Gran Prix is really fun while racing. Shame it goes away after this Gran Prix. Imagine a mode where you had to catch several of them in a race. Because of how the cars handle, the moving ghosts are more fun to get than stationary targets like crates and crystals.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing the game tonight... and booooy do I suck at it. I'd forgotten how different the handling is compared to Sonic or Mario Kart.

I've got some git gud-ing to do before I try any more online races.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Started playing the game tonight... and booooy do I suck at it. I'd forgotten how different the handling is compared to Sonic or Mario Kart.

I've got some git gud-ing to do before I try any more online races.
Probably best to first get used to boosting, learning uturning, and then attempting the N Tropy and Oxide time trials.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Indeed. Even the ghost catching addition with this Gran Prix is really fun while racing. Shame it goes away after this Gran Prix. Imagine a mode where you had to catch several of them in a race. Because of how the cars handle, the moving ghosts are more fun to get than stationary targets like crates and crystals.

I hope they keep the ghosts on Nina's Nightmare after the GP ends. They're such a nice complement to the track, even without a gameplay function. Maybe they could award a bit of Wumpa when caught.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I was wondering how I was doing so well at games yesterday. I was actually having fun again!

Now we need a more structured look for the skill based matchmaking, and itemless races and cups.

I'd love itemless online lobbies.
Cups would be cool, but I feel like people dropping out part way through would ruin it a bit.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, so I haven't played this game in too long unfortunately. So I finally was able to get back in tonight.

I'm extremely impressed on how well this game's online has held up, particularly on the Switch. I was always worried that the Switch's user base might fall off a cliff, but no problems at all getting matched.

I'm also extremely impressed with just how fun it is for someone like me that's rusty. While I'm all for this game's skill cap and it's one of the main reasons why I love it, I'm not getting as stomped as I thoughtI'd get coming back. I don't know if they've done rebalancing or what, or maybe I'm not as rusty as I think, but it feels like the good players are still crushing in the right ways, but the players like me aren't getting ultra stomped. I dunno if it has to do with these ghosts or whatever, but they look dope I know that

Either way, quickly reaffirmed to me this is the best racing game ever made. Good lord it feels so good.

Also what's the little icons next to player names now?

Last edited:

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've definitely noticed groups of racers now very close to each other in my games this week.
Wow, so I haven't played this game in too long unfortunately. So I finally was able to get back in tonight.

I'm extremely impressed on how well this game's online has held up, particularly on the Switch. I was always worried that the Switch's user base might fall off a cliff, but no problems at all getting matched.

I'm also extremely impressed with just how fun it is for someone like me that's rusty. While I'm all for this game's skill cap and it's one of the main reasons why I love it, I'm not getting as stomped as I thoughtI'd get coming back. I don't know if they've done rebalancing or what, or maybe I'm not as rusty as I think, but it feels like the good players are still crushing in the right ways, but the players like me aren't getting ultra stomped. I dunno if it has to do with these ghosts or whatever, but they look dope I know that

Either way, quickly reaffirmed to me this is the best racing game ever made. Good lord it feels so good.

Also what's the little icons next to player names now?
They implemented skill based matchmaking this week so everyone is playing people close to their skill level. The game is a lot more fun now with everyone much closer together.

The icons represent engine classes (speed, drift, turning etc). You can have any character have any class now.

Quite a bit of updates since you last played!