• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They implemented skill based matchmaking this week so everyone is playing people close to their skill level. The game is a lot more fun now with everyone much closer together.

The icons represent engine classes (speed, drift, turning etc). You can have any character have any class now.

Quite a bit of updates since you last played!

Holy shit, that's so great for this game! It really needed skill based matchmaking.

It actually hasn't even been that long. I got like halfway through the tier 2 bar in the Spyro grand prix. But god damn, they just keep improving this game like crazy. I'm just so happy the Switch online base is still so active. I was worried with MK8 being here it would struggle, but people seem to realize how great and different it is.

And holy FUCK at the new track. It's fucking AMAZING. This continues to possibly be my GOTY. Only intense competition is Astral Chain

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
CTR FOREVER. But as for the Beenox gaffe of the day:

"Finish Prehistoric Playground in less than 1:55:00."

lmao.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
CTR FOREVER. But as for the Beenox gaffe of the day:

"Finish Prehistoric Playground in less than 1:55:00."

lmao.
It's actually easily doable although it's very badly worded, Relic Race times count.

EGk02ACU4AAf30R

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Spyro Champion skin seems to be distributed now, going to finish Gold today so I'll be back and caught up. Also I have a spare of the trident gum vehicle code if someone wants it

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

A new title update has released for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One as of today, October 10, 2019. It will release for Nintendo Switch by the end of next week (week of October 14). The following will be addressed in this update:

All platforms:

• Fix to address issue with Spyro & Friends Grand Prix Champion Decal
  • Fix to address lap skip exploits and other issues in Nina's Nightmare map
  • Fix to address issue with Spooky Grand Prix items not being prioritized in Pit Stop
  • Balance tweaks to Drift driving style
  • Added Life Saver N. Trance skin to the Pit Stop rotation
  • Added Spyro & Friends Grand Prix Nitro Gauge assets to the Pit Stop rotation
    • Items that were not displaying correctly in the Nitro Fill-Up at the end of the Spyro & Friends Grand Prix are in the Pit Stop rotation
    • The items will be in the Pit Stop rotation for the remainder of the Spooky Grand Prix
Nintendo Switch Specific:

• Fix to address issue with Nina's Nightmare and Android Alley sharing the same leaderboard

Beenox has been really on the ball this GP

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
they're putting in work, that's for sure. I have loved everything about this GP. Absolutely everything.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently the Drift style might actually be the new Accel. Drift seems to basically be Accel but it goes a bit faster and turns better, with the only downside being the acceleration stat being bad which is a non-factor 95% of the races anyway. I haven't been able to try it myself cause I'm on switch so the patch is still a week away from me, but my friends on ps4 already seem convinced it might just be a better accel class, tho still second to speed.

Good to see a mid-season patch actually hitting Switch this time around though. Pouring one out for Turn and Balanced still stuck in low tier.

Noog

▲ Legend ▲
May 1, 2018
Hey so I haven't played this since launch, and I'm loving coming back, but is it possible to get Spyro right now? On character select screen it says "Available in Grand Prix", but I don't think I see him?

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hey so I haven't played this since launch, and I'm loving coming back, but is it possible to get Spyro right now? On character select screen it says "Available in Grand Prix", but I don't think I see him?
He was in the last Grand Prix that recently ended. He should be available in the Pit Stop after the last patch for the duration of this GP but I already own him so I can't personally check to be sure.

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
And I'm done with this Grand Prix.

Man this was actually way less grindy from what I expected looking from outside before buying the game. I also got all the characters besides Spyro's friends and baby characters since they are not on sale yet.

Hopefully that's enough to put me in the top %5 for this season.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County

I don't get why they don't allow this by default. Like... I just don't get it.

And I'm done with this Grand Prix.

Man this was actually way less grindy from what I expected looking from outside before buying the game. I also got all the characters besides Spyro's friends and baby characters since they are not on sale yet.

Hopefully that's enough to put me in the top %5 for this season.

Same, and yeah, people have exaggerated a lot of the negative aspects of the GPs. I don't know what it is about Era, but trying to clear up the narrative surrounding this game--which features some of the best post launch support I've ever seen--is exhausting. The ignorant takes that pop up in any thread discussing it are undying.

Last edited:

Son of Sparda

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Same, and yeah, people have exaggerated a lot of the negative aspects of the GPs. I don't know what it is about Era, but trying to clear up the narrative surrounding this game--which features some of the best post launch support I've ever seen--is exhausting. The ignorant takes that pop up in any thread discussing it are undying.
Yea, it's like people don't know how the GP system actually works but they are hell bent on proving that it's awful. It's weird haha

L.O.R.D

Oct 26, 2017
unlocked Ragdoll Nina

EGxNV1BWsAEA2AP

sweet, it's giving me 60%. too bad i unlocked all the tier

EGxPMzFWwAEdcMF

also bought all the pit shop items (minus some of the exclusive items from GP2 and GP3)

EGxHyiZX0AInFSJ

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
I don't get why they don't allow this by default. Like... I just don't get it.

I don't get what's actually special about the Karts in the first place. Why isn't it just one low-poly kart and the firehawk and let the customization work across it all? Why not allow the rest of the customization like the other versions? It's not like there's an issue with wheel-less cars, the probulot and hovercraft are already in there.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I don't get what's actually special about the Karts in the first place. Why isn't it just one low-poly kart and the firehawk and let the customization work across it all? Why not allow the rest of the customization like the other versions? It's not like there's an issue with wheel-less cars, the probulot and hovercraft are already in there.

Exactly. The only difference I see is that the special karts wouldn't have any extra decals, but... like, same with the promotional kart from the trident gum thing. It's fine. Pretty sure we get it.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
They're just special in that they're a whole set supposed to be presented in one specific way. Das it.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
yeah, I'm thinking the community harps on this point very hard and it gets patched in one of the next few GPs.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
They're only "special" by being only available on the PS4 version, but then the PS4 exclusive Crash & Coco skins are just in the skin section.

Well there's the Firehawk now too, classified as a special kart and available on all platforms. I don't see why they didn't just sell it as a kart body with a color, decal, and sticker. It has all of those, and they can be changed through glitches. We just aren't allowed to do so normally.

Speaking of stuff that is possible through glitches, but not normally...

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Hold up, max bonus gp gain can be 60% now? Interesting. that can def. Help speed up getting all gp rewards for some challenges.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
To be honest i feel like my nitro coin gain has been so gimped from the matchmaking update that it makes me glad that I'm only just saving for the next GP now, I win like once or twice a play session now

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Unlocked Ragdoll Nina. Was this way faster this time for anyone else? I feel the other GPs I finished about 3 days before the end, now I've finished 15 days.
ditto. Two weeks is right on time for me, but it's much easier now because of the doubled quick challenge Nitro Points. Very happy with the balance.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

I hope we do, loving the content. Even if they run out of tracks for Grand Prix events, they could still cycle back old events and give us more characters, e.g. more Spyro characters when his event comes back around.