• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Is the icon for Grand Prix time-limited items busted in the pitstop? I don't see the icon on anything, especially items that I assume are time limited.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Player engagement seems to be on the rise this GP. We're still 9-10 days out from the end and the top 5% Nitro on PS4 is now a little past the amount needed to get all the GP rewards, even with nearly 600,000 players. And on Switch you've got to have almost 50,000 Nitro.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Matchmaking has been pretty garbage for me lately. I have to relobby 5 times sometimes just to finally get into a race.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played this in awhile and I'm missing a lot of items. Is there an easy way to automatically farm Wumpa coins?

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Matchmaking has been pretty garbage for me lately. I have to relobby 5 times sometimes just to finally get into a race.
Oh yeah, matchmaking has been absolutely trash. Just a bunch of lobby's that just keep disbanding or games that get stuck at the starting line. Just spend 20 straight minutes in the matchmaking screen because the only couple of people the game tried to match me up with were people that were queue dodging me probably because I kept winning.

The amount of downtime I experience on this game is the main reason I stopped playing this game as much anymore. Outside of the 4 moments in the week where x10 wumpa is active I just don't play anymore, on average I spend twice or triple the amount of time in menu's and load screens than in actual racing and it's honestly not fun anymore.

Oct 25, 2017
I moved recently and my PS4 is still in a box buried under more boxes, and basically missed all of Spyro and now the Halloween event :(

How has the game been holding up? I miss any fixes or big changes?

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I moved recently and my PS4 is still in a box buried under more boxes, and basically missed all of Spyro and now the Halloween event :(

How has the game been holding up? I miss any fixes or big changes?
Skill-based matchmaking. Ability to pick any driving class on any character. New driving class called Drift. Halloween came with a gimmick where ghost can come out of boxes which can than catch to complete certain challenges, presumably every GP from now on might come with a unique gimmick. GP contents seemingly coming available 3 GP's later in the regular pit stop as all the stuff from GP 1 is available as of the Halloween GP.

That's about it for the big stuff I think.

Oct 25, 2017
Skill-based matchmaking. Ability to pick any driving class on any character. New driving class called Drift. Halloween came with a gimmick where ghost can come out of boxes which can than catch to complete certain challenges, presumably every GP from now on might come with a unique gimmick. GP contents seemingly coming available 3 GP's later in the regular pit stop as all the stuff from GP 1 is available as of the Halloween GP.

That's about it for the big stuff I think.
Oh my god, that all sounds incredible!!
Matchmaking? New Class?? Character/class mix matching??? That's everything everyone wanted, right?

And has this all been received well? How has the matchmaking been? How is the new drift class? (doesn't this make the already irrelevant turning class even more so?)

Thanks for the update!

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
And has this all been received well? How has the matchmaking been? How is the new drift class? (doesn't this make the already irrelevant turning class even more so?)
All positive changes, pretty well received afaik. The sbmm definitely seems to be working from my experience and hasn't negatively influenced the matchmaking experience for me, though it's the same matchmaking system as before so the lack of host migration will still cause a bunch of lobbies to disband way too often. The new drift class was trash initially, but they quickly patched it to be around accel/speed tier. The way I would describe the class is similar to accel speedwise but with way better turning, so I would guess balanced mains would recognize this class as a actually fast balanced class. I personally got turned off by the way it exits drift so I don't use it, but stat wise it's definitely up there, at least worth trying out I'd say. Turn and Balanced are indeed still trash atm, hopefully they'll finally get something next patch. This GP ends on November 3rd so I would assume the next GP is only about a week out from now.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of irrationally bothered that in Android Alleyway, the power shield protects against the train, but the mask does not. I know it's been like that since launch, but it has to be a bug, right? It makes no sense.

Also, what is Nina saying when she gets hit by something? It sounds like "Ow, my sinus headaches". WTF, that's such a bizarre line.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I'm kind of irrationally bothered that in Android Alleyway, the power shield protects against the train, but the mask does not. I know it's been like that since launch, but it has to be a bug, right? It makes no sense.

Also, what is Nina saying when she gets hit by something? It sounds like "Ow, my sinus headaches". WTF, that's such a bizarre line.
"ow, my sinuses" lol.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
hoping for this to go on sale. Anyone know the last time it went on sale for ps4 or switch? And, how much off was it?

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Any tips for the Oxide time trial in Tiny Temple? I just can't hold that blue fire for the life of me... It's the only time trial I have left, not even Dragon Mines gave me all this trouble.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for the Oxide time trial in Tiny Temple? I just can't hold that blue fire for the life of me... It's the only time trial I have left, not even Dragon Mines gave me all this trouble.
Hit the switch block on the first lap and just take the right lane on the blue fire laps. Just stick to the right when you go outside as well, those jumps on the left aren't worth it. Oxide actually slams into the wall at the end of the third lap, so don't go resetting if he just stays ahead of you for most of the race, he throws real hard at the end.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017

First things first, prepare for your momentum to just die for absolutely no reason.

The key to it is to not jump at all during the first lap. Just do triple boosts off every ramp, because you need to build up a load of reserves. So don't take the shortcut on lap 1, just drift along that snaking path.

On the other two laps, try to keep your triple boosts going, but feel free to jump whenever you need to, and take the shortcut.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Hit the switch block on the first lap and just take the right lane on the blue fire laps. Just stick to the right when you go outside as well, those jumps on the left aren't worth it. Oxide actually slams into the wall at the end of the third lap, so don't go resetting if he just stays ahead of you for most of the race, he throws real hard at the end.
First things first, prepare for your momentum to just die for absolutely no reason.

The key to it is to not jump at all during the first lap. Just do triple boosts off every ramp, because you need to build up a load of reserves. So don't take the shortcut on lap 1, just drift along that snaking path.

On the other two laps, try to keep your triple boosts going, but feel free to jump whenever you need to, and take the shortcut.
YES! 1:46:16! Digital N Tropy at last!

I was already doing most of that, but what really helped me improve my time (best was 1:50 until today, always losing the fire in the second lap) was to get the shortcut on the blue fire laps, switching to the Drift class (it's so much easier than with Speed) and knowing that Oxide crashed at the end, which also prevented me from resetting this particular race.
Thank you so so much for the tips!

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
YES! 1:46:16! Digital N Tropy at last!

I was already doing most of that, but what really helped me improve my time (best was 1:50 until today, always losing the fire in the second lap) was to get the shortcut on the blue fire laps, switching to the Drift class (it's so much easier than with Speed) and knowing that Oxide crashed at the end, which also prevented me from resetting this particular race.
Thank you so so much for the tips!

Congrats!
Yeah, Oxide is kinda crap on every track lol. I don't think there are any where he does a 'perfect' race.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
hoping for this to go on sale. Anyone know the last time it went on sale for ps4 or switch? And, how much off was it?

It's only gone to $30 on both digital stores, slightly more recently on PS4 than on Switch. Physical copies of the Switch version tend to be on slightly bigger sale from various retailers more frequently though.

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CTR showed up in a live action commercial!

1. It's so nice to see Crash in a Playstation commercial again.

2. There's a mask following either Cortex or Coco that I've never seen before. Is this some kind of hint?

eb7uc2jrrpw31.jpg

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
That Ringmaster Ami costume is legit.
Also, glad to see I can spend my Wumpa Coins on costumes and karts rather than characters this time.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
New content looking good.

This Pasadena redesign looks terrible to me but Koala and Von Clutch are looking good. King Chicken is a fun addition as well, definitely wasn't expecting that wall in adventure mode to actually lead up to something.

The new track gives me Excitebike from MK8 vibes with it possibly just being a oval loop with a bunch of jumps and two wide left turns which I might dislike, but the trailer shows off too little of the track for me to put a judgement out yet. At least it looks pretty.

The skins are ok so far I guess. I'm not into circus aesthetics so I'm expecting this GP to be mostly lost on me anyway, but from what I've seen so far they're pretty funny. I love the bumper kart tho, will definitely be using that throughout this GP.

Now the Ring mode being a new singleplayer addition is kinda shocking to me. Especially after the ghosts from last event I was just expecting this to be a fun gimmick tacked onto regular races, not an entirely new mode! Seems like it's similar to the ring mode in the Sonic racing games, which was a fun side mode there as well, looking forward to it.

Biggest news though is that Rilla Roo is actually teased in the track, can't wait for him to be added in the future as that's my childhood right there.

qEcdZRD.png

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Finally, the first weekend of this Grand Prix season will introduce a new bundle type to the Pit Stop - - the Last Chance bundle. In case there are any remaining Spooky Grand Prix rewards you were unable to unlock in your Nitro Gauge this past season (and if you forgot to get the Nitro Fill Up to unlock them during this off-week), the Last Chance bundle will give you the ability to unlock those items even after the Neon Circus Grand Prix begins, all in one bundle featured in the Pit Stop. And as with the Nitro Fill Up, the Wumpa Coin price for this bundle will be adjusted based on rewards that you have already earned.

This will be an ongoing addition to the Pit Stop the first weekend of each new Grand Prix. From Friday through Sunday of that first weekend (typically 7AM PST on Friday through 7AM PST on Monday), players will have another chance to unlock any remaining items from the prior Grand Prix in one go with the Last Chance Bundle before select items are added to the Pit Stop rotation at a later time.

Typically, there will be only one Last Chance bundle at the beginning of each season and will contain any remaining rewards for the prior Grand Prix season that was immediately prior. However, for this weekend, we are offering two Last Chance bundles: one for the Spooky Grand Prix, and one for the Spyro & Friends Grand Prix. There were some items that were not displaying correctly during the Spyro & Friends Grand Prix Nitro Fill Up in early October, so we wanted to make sure players had another opportunity to unlock any of the remaining rewards from that season now, without having to wait for select items to make their way back to the Pit Stop at a later time.

From the blog update. Now you get a third chance to buy items you missed from the previous GP without waiting three months.

More interesting to me is the openness with which they talk about new GPs. Maybe it's just standard, base-covering wording, but it gives me good vibes about support beyond the December GP. Beenox has done an incredible job. Truly outstanding stuff.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
From the blog update. Now you get a third chance to buy items you missed from the previous GP without waiting three months.

More interesting to me is the openness with which they talk about new GPs. Maybe it's just standard, base-covering wording, but it gives me good vibes about support beyond the December GP. Beenox has done an incredible job. Truly outstanding stuff.
Sounds like it's doing good since it has a dedicated part in their PS4 promo with a tease.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Track looks great. Hopefully it's a longer track just shy of Electron Avenue and Tiny Arena.

Will the ghost catching completely removed from the game, or be put in its separate mode? Cause I don't want to wait 6 months or even till Halloween 2020 to play the first actually fun mode that isn't racing.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
1. It's so nice to see Crash in a Playstation commercial again.

2. There's a mask following either Cortex or Coco that I've never seen before. Is this some kind of hint?

eb7uc2jrrpw31.jpg

What the heck. This has gotta be a tease for something, right? The new Crash game presumed to be in development at VV maybe?

What other explanation is there?