• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tabby

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they won't get greedy and alter the monetisation. Knowing Activision though.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Hopefully they won't get greedy and alter the monetisation. Knowing Activision though.

Seemingly the opposite. This season's new features actually go even further to friendly up the unlocks for items. A few hours of play a month consistently gets me enough coins to unlock an entire season's nitro gauge in the post-season and now when a season ends all the items in the pitstop go into a bundle you can buy in the next season. Anything you already have comes off the price of the bundle. It's all actually pretty fair, and unless you have some desire/need to have every single paint job/tire/sticker, having all the characters/skins comes pretty easy.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Datamine reveals they've added the support for Grand Prix Seasons through May 2020.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Datamine reveals they've added the support for Grand Prix Seasons through May 2020.

Fantastic news. Hopefully they make needed changes though. Online play is still buggy and feels a bit barren on features. And they need to completely remove the anti-customization "use these items to get more Nitro" nonsense.

At the very least, it needs to make more sense. How is the Champion kart and its decals not a constant boost to Nitro?

(Just kill it completely.)

HibbySloth

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

That's incredible! Makes me wonder what characters we'll get. We're literally to the point that we almost have everyone. I'd take more Spyro characters.

Also, here's more more data mined character details from today.

-FAY (Fasty)
-CCK (Chick)
-STW (Stew
-RRA (Rilla Roo)
-YYA (Yaya)

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, it looks like they bumped the skin bonus up to 25% from 15. And legendary decals now give a 10% bonus over the standard 5%.

Edit: Whoa, I managed to rebeat Oxide's Dragon Mines ghost on my first try. Got the shortcut smoothly thrice in a row.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2019
United Kingdom
Gotta say, the Neon paintjobs/wheels are the best GP-specific paints and wheels we've ever had.

They're not too garish and they fit on a lot of karts super well (red/yellow neon on Rocket with the Flames paint is amazing).

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I like how the wheels all have unique pattern designs and aren't just color swaps.

Curious about the new Wood paint job though. Seems to have come out of the ether and has no GP bonus. I appreciate its presence though.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Yeah, it looks like they bumped the skin bonus up to 25% from 15. And legendary decals now give a 10% bonus over the standard 5%.

Edit: Whoa, I managed to rebeat Oxide's Dragon Mines ghost on my first try. Got the shortcut smoothly thrice in a row.
Is the shortcut that much faster than just doing the spiral? Seems like a big risk for very little reward

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
The wumpa payout seems nice on ring races, I did about 8 laps in hot air skyway and got 346, I thought it was a glitch

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
Part of that is the weekend bonus, but yeah, not too shabby. Glad it's not a low, set amount. Gives offline players more avenues for coinage.
Yeah the weekend bonus is part of it but it seems like the most efficient way to earn wumpa offline given that youll get BSF on stages that don't have them and you get bigger payouts for extended laps

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Ring races is a lot more fun than I expected. Definitely surprised when it didn't end after lap 3.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Ring races is a lot more fun than I expected. Definitely surprised when it didn't end after lap 3.
Find them much more fun than Relic Races and CTR Challenge. Part of the fun is blue fire on tracks that normally don't have them. Kinda makes me wish that there was a separate mode online with blue fire everywhere.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
As someone who never played CTTR, I'm loving Pasadena. Her design and personality are so great. (as well as the accent lol)

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
At first I was disappointed that the track looked like a simple ring like Coco Park or Inferno Island, but it's WAY faster than those tracks. It's like a turbocharged Twilight Tour.

Hopefully we'll eventually get a more elaborate Gran Prix track.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
ring rallies are awesome. I'm amazed at all the brand new things that Beenox have successfully implemented into a game I thought was absolutely perfect as a kid.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
This game rocks and I'm so glad I bought it. I'm enjoying it way more than I originally did. I'd say the events keep the game fresh and hope they keep it going.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
At first I was disappointed that the track looked like a simple ring like Coco Park or Inferno Island, but it's WAY faster than those tracks. It's like a turbocharged Twilight Tour.

Hopefully we'll eventually get a more elaborate Gran Prix track.
Hoping for something in the 3:30+ range like Electron Avenue or Tiny Arena.

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Really wish they would add host migration or dedicated serves... So many games get cancelled when you have like over 4 people because someone left, wastes so much time :(

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Whew, what a day. Ended the night at 25k Nitro, all challenges aside from the Passive Rider daily and the Ring Master pro challenge complete. Also managed to score 3/4 parts of the promotional kart in a giveaway stream.

The ring mode is really fun, but the 700k challenge is kind of ridiculous. I've gotten all the platinum relics, beaten Oxide's Ghost on every track (bonus included, and I even managed to beat Oxide in dragon mines again on my first go earlier today), but I can't get past 500k on Hot Air Skyway's Ring Rally. The diminishing amount of time awarded by the rings on later laps just makes it too difficult when you're already struggling with the increased speed and shrinking ring sizes. I don't think I'll ever beat it.

So far, I'm pretty happy with the GP. I could take or leave a lot of the skins, but most are for characters I don't use much anyway. The Kart customizations are spectacular though. The wheels are some of the best they've made thus far (and a clear step up over the overbright Spectral wheels), and the paint jobs are cool too. Really like the new karts as well.

Can't wait for the future.

Also, if Geary really doesn't get a legendary skin next GP, I'm rioting.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Well, time to get back in.

I missed the gold Nina costume last GP, but I'm okay with that, she's still cool without it and I got that sweet sweet Werewolf Tiny.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Well, time to get back in.

I missed the gold Nina costume last GP, but I'm okay with that, she's still cool without it and I got that sweet sweet Werewolf Tiny.

Ah but if you have coins, you can get that costume in the discounted last chance bundle for the duration of this GP. Since you had all the way through the silver gauge, the bundle should be cheap too

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Koala Circus is pretty meh. Nina's Nightmare gave me hope Beenox had gotten better at original tracks.
Ah but if you have coins, you can get that costume in the discounted last chance bundle for the duration of this GP. Since you had all the way through the silver gauge, the bundle should be cheap too
Oh nice. Will probably pick it up.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
AHAHAHAHAHAHA

EI6aUCLUUAEC1up

Beat it after only a few tries, thank Christ. I've gotten so much better at the game than I was when I started.

Last edited:

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I generally like Koala Circus. It's simple, but fun to race on and stunning, visually. Though I wish there were shortcuts, and that it had a more worthwhile payout. All the new tracks have had disappointingly middling payouts. Also, the little tunnel under the central landing ramp (right across the big blue fire jump pad) is as cool as it is totally worthless and practically inaccessible under any normal racing circumstances. I guess it's there if you get wiped out on the jump, but... eh.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
these Grand Prix items will eventually come to the pit shop right? I'm afraid of missing them... but I think it's going to happen.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Where is Penta penguin? I did not seem to find him in the characters list, locked or unlocked... for doing the challenges.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Where is Penta penguin? I did not seem to find him in the characters list, locked or unlocked... for doing the challenges.
He's a secret character that requires a cheat code to unlock, as a throwback to the original game.
On the main menu:
  • PS4: Hold L1+R1, press Down, Right, Triangle, Down, Left, Triangle, Up
  • Xbox One: Hold LB+RB, press Down, Right, Y, Down, Left, Y, Up
  • Nintendo Switch: Hold L+R, press Down, Right, X, Down, Left, X, Up

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
He's a secret character that requires a cheat code to unlock, as a throwback to the original game.
On the main menu:
  • PS4: Hold L1+R1, press Down, Right, Triangle, Down, Left, Triangle, Up
  • Xbox One: Hold LB+RB, press Down, Right, Y, Down, Left, Y, Up
  • Nintendo Switch: Hold L+R, press Down, Right, X, Down, Left, X, Up

Well damn, thank you for that.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
In the same vein, King Chicken, who was added with this latest patch, only appears in the character select once you unlocked him in Adventure by collecting all the golden eggs.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
So are the servers shitting the bed for anyone else? Feel like I am having so many issues at the moment.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
How hard is it to collect all the chicken eggs? Are they in obscure locations that you have to find?