• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
How hard is it to collect all the chicken eggs? Are they in obscure locations that you have to find?
They're not hard to spot, there's one in every area. They do require some tricky driving and jumping but each egg shouldn't take that many attempts once you figure out how to tackle it.

Red Arremer

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So are the servers shitting the bed for anyone else? Feel like I am having so many issues at the moment.

Online seems to be a bit unstable with this patch, yeah.
Just keep in mind that online lobbies cancel if the host leaves. No host migration is one of this game's biggest flaws with the online tbh.

How hard is it to collect all the chicken eggs? Are they in obscure locations that you have to find?

Easy to find, a little tricky to collect, but it shouldn't take you longer than a few minutes.
They're all in the adventure hub, one per area.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
got the eggs real quick. I was gonna cheat and refer to a video, but they're not hard to find at all. Collecting them all amounts to figuring out a little route to gain speed and hit a jump of some sort.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
Done with all the challenges now. Finally in the top 5% on PS4
EI9gaoYUEAAXZCv

bigstef71

Banned
Jul 5, 2018
Chicago
I don't have the game yet but I was planning on buying it soon. Can someone explain how grand prix events works exactly? Like are we able to play with these maps and characters offline or in singleplayer? Or is it just for a limited time?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I don't have the game yet but I was planning on buying it soon. Can someone explain how grand prix events works exactly? Like are we able to play with these maps and characters offline or in singleplayer? Or is it just for a limited time?
each GP adds a new track that will never go away and can be played in any mode.

the GPs also introduce new characters, karts and costumes but they are only around for that GP but they will show up again in the store once 3 months have passed

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Done with all the challenges now. Finally in the top 5% on PS4
EI9gaoYUEAAXZCv

Whoa, 2k lead and everything.

Maps are permanent additions that are available as soon as you download the GP update. Characters are playable wherever and whenever once you unlock them, though they must be earned within the 30 days that the GP is active if you don't want to wait 3 months for them to return. Once they return, they're available for good.

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
Will that last chance Spyro bundle be back on the pitstop? I saw it yesterday but didn't have enough coins at the time.

Toxi

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I've only had King Chicken for a day and a half, but if anything happened to him I'd use a Warp Orb on everyone in this room and then myself.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Are you fucking kidding me

actually, I think this is basically the right way to go about most of the ring rallies. For me at least it seems too difficult to power slide as you normally would and also go for the rings, at least after a certain point. Once you hit that blue fire speed, you can focus on lines and air braking thanks to the reserves you get from the rings.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
actually, I think this is basically the right way to go about most of the ring rallies. For me at least it seems too difficult to power slide as you normally would and also go for the rings, at least after a certain point. Once you hit that blue fire speed, you can focus on lines and air braking thanks to the reserves you get from the rings.
Yeah you don't really need to power slide everywhere. I just do it on easy areas to build some reserves and air brake every where else.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're definitely gonna reach a point (usually Lap 5 for me personally) where you're going way too fast to navigate and power slide as you'd normally do on a track, but especially on HAS for that challenge.

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
Hi not surr if i asked this, but i have trouble finding people online in ctr.
People join, once the lobby is full, everyone "leaves". I play regularly online this is the first time seeing this.
I play on xbox.

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I really hope they keep ring rally challenges going into other seasons cause its definitely one of the more exciting pro challenges this season

Bomi-Chan

Nov 8, 2017
i only like online races, i never did the original challenges in the original nor did i do those time trials.
it is a shame, that online races are not getting together faster.

i love the game, but this still bothers me.

SmashN'Grab

Oct 27, 2017
I like the way this game forces you to finish first in a race before moving on. Initially I was a bit annoyed by that but it's grown on me and I can appreciate the idea. I've gotten better at the game as a result.

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trying to connect online tonight is at Team Sonic Racing levels. Haven't connected in 3 hours!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I like the way this game forces you to finish first in a race before moving on. Initially I was a bit annoyed by that but it's grown on me and I can appreciate the idea. I've gotten better at the game as a result.

Yep, CTR has a learning curve, and the only way you get by without learning is by playing the brain-dead easy mode. If you want a challenge, you've got to engage with the basic mechanics and allow yourself to grow.

I really hope they keep ring rally challenges going into other seasons cause its definitely one of the more exciting pro challenges this season

Exciting is... a word for it. I gave up after sensing some serious thumb pain after my third/fourth attempt. I've got better things to do; things that don't involve injuring my hands.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
Long time lurker but has finally made an account! And to celebrate that, I got an extra sticker pack if anyone is interested:
9?KK3JHY6?TN
Where ? -> D

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Finally got the game! Tried a few races before work, but I don't understand the drifting and boosting at all.

It does feel really good so far, though! So even without knowing how to truly play I like just going around the track haha.

Edit:
Looking at videos the tires glow when you do the drift boost sequence. I was doing that (earning up to 3) but my wheels were never orange.

Last edited:

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
They absolutely need to get rid of course-specific online matchmaking daily challenges.

Having to play online until you see a specific track pop up as an option and then hope that everyone votes for it so that you can then complete a challenge is horrific game design.

It makes sense for weekly challenges as you have a lot more time to make that happen. But daily just leads to players leaving matchmaking as soon as they see that the track doesn't appear as a voting option.

Just awful.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Looking at videos the tires glow when you do the drift boost sequence. I was doing that (earning up to 3) but my wheels were never orange.
the glowing wheels are called "Nitro Wheels" which are intended to be a visual guide that was not present in the original. You should be able to toggle that feature in the options -> gameplay menu, although IIRC they are on by default.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
the glowing wheels are called "Nitro Wheels" which are intended to be a visual guide that was not present in the original. You should be able to toggle that feature in the options -> gameplay menu, although IIRC they are on by default.
Oh I was playing without any patches. Booted it up just now and watched some unskippable shit. Found it in the options. Which speedometer should I use?

Man, I did an online race. DNF 😞

Hage

Mar 15, 2018
Oh I was playing without any patches. Booted it up just now and watched some unskippable shit. Found it in the options. Which speedometer should I use?

Man, I did an online race. DNF 😞
Don't get discouraged by the DNFs, I have been playing through the original several times throughout the years and spent a lot of time in this remake continuously since launch, and I still get DNFs from time to time in online races depending on what happens during the race and who I get matched against.

Generally as a newcomer it takes a while to learn how to drive better and to familiarize with the various tracks and shortcuts (a number of which are shown to you in Ring Rally), and there is skill based matchmaking which should also lead you to closer races in online. Still, once it clicks it's glorious.

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Started adventure mode and the tip to look for black smoke is WAY more discernible mid race than flowing wheels. Was able to get a handful of turbo stacks. I still haven't gotten a hang in determining my drift angle reliably. Also, I'm not clear in how the reserve meter works.

I just want to reiterate how smooth this shit feels. I'm pretty surprised how polished this is. There's been a decent amount of talk and hype about this game lately on Era and I'm still surprised! Wish I had more time to play but today was my 14 hour work and school day 💀

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Started adventure mode and the tip to look for black smoke is WAY more discernible mid race than flowing wheels. Was able to get a handful of turbo stacks. I still haven't gotten a hang in determining my drift angle reliably. Also, I'm not clear in how the reserve meter works.

I just want to reiterate how smooth this shit feels. I'm pretty surprised how polished this is. There's been a decent amount of talk and hype about this game lately on Era and I'm still surprised! Wish I had more time to play but today was my 14 hour work and school day 💀

There currently is no reserve meter; the most you'll get is a hangtime meter (the vertical bar to the right of the boost gauge) which does nothing for you really, and the boost gauge itself. Press Triangle (or your equivalent) to cycle until the bar changes to one that's got a big tapered end and a line towards the right fourth of the bar. Hold your initial hop button and turn into the slide until it gets within the space between that line and the end of the bar, and tap the opposite hop button in that window for the best boost. You'll get a boost anywhere on the bar, but hitting those "PERFECTS" (which is wider than you think it is, the bar lies a little bit) grants you reserves. You'll notice your reserves by the growing glow of the flames on the kart. If you coast for a while without boosting and see big orange flames (not dark red, which is just low-level boost) then you have some reserves left. You eventually begin to "feel" it in how the kart handles as well.

Beenox has said on Reddit that the team has seen some fan mockups about an *actual* reserve meter and are exploring it.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I personally would recommend using the small boost bar, that one fills up towards the left of the bar, making it in my opinion way easier to look at during the race since you don't have to look all the way into the bottom right of the screen to see if it's filled up. It also uses very a distinct red and green color that makes it easier to see out of the corner of your eye if you don't want to take your eyes of the kart. I also don't like how it somewhat misrepresents how the boost bar actually works so it might cause some bad habits for newer players, as just going for perfects isn't necessarily the optimal way to play.

The most important thing to know about the boost bar is that your goal is to hit the button as late as possible in the bar. The drift boost has two properties you want to keep track of, the speed and the reserves (aka the time the boost will last).
- The speed part is simple, a drift boost gives you a lv1 turbo, the third drift boost in a chain gives you lv2 turbo, any turbo pad gives you lv3 turbo and very specific turbo pads can give you even higher lv4 or lv5 "blue fire" turbo. The flame out of the exhaust is the main indication which lv of turbo is active. All in all, what this comes down to is for you to want to keep drifting to keep the highest lv of turbo going. That's where reserves kick in.
- The reserve system is a bit trickier since there's no actual visual indication on screen for it. Reserves is basically the time your current turbo will last, think of it as a bar that is constantly depleting itself while you're boosting and your job is to keep adding more reserves to that bar faster than the bar depletes itself to keep that boost going infinitely. The main way to fill this bar is drift boosting. During a drift boost you'll notice you can hit the button at any time while the bar is red to get the boost, however hitting it as early as the bar turns red actually gives you near 0 reserves, causing that boost flame to disappear almost immediately as the boost has no reserves to last. The real goal here is to hit the boost button as late in the boost bar as you feel comfortable doing, giving you a biggest amount of reserves. Hitting those big reserves by hitting the bar late will cause them to last into the next boost and its reserve so it starts stacking on top of eachother making it possible to keep any lv of boost going infinitely because as long as the reserves last, your current level of turbo won't downgrade.

So your goal is basically to hit the boost bar as late as possible to get the reserves filling faster than they deplete, while having reserves going hitting a turbo pad to upgrade the lv of turbo, then just continue to maintain the reserves with drift boosting so you never lose that turbo pad speed. To get the big difference between low and high reserves. Try doing a triple drift boost hitting the boost bar as soon as the bar turns red and do a triple drift boost hitting the boost bar at the very end of the bar and notice the difference in how long your boost lasts after the third boost, you'll see how much of a difference it makes.

To add on to what Wrestleman said, please keep in mind if you are using the fancy boost bar you still want to hit the bar as late as possible. That bar might give you "PERFECT"s indicating when you're hitting it in the generally good zone to keep a boost going, but you're not necessary performing perfect boosts despite the popup. Your goal should always be to hit the bar as late as possible, every single pixel in the red part of the bar counts towards the amount of reserves you'll actually get from the boost, so a late perfect is still better than a early perfect. (Another reason why I personally prefer the smaller boost bar as the fancy bar doesn't accurately represent how the system actually works)

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Thanks for the breakdown y'all!

Am I doing something wrong, or is coin earning and grandprix points just slow to earn? Really want the bumper car and to save up for when Spyro is available again. Trying to do challenges, but either they are impossible (win a race lolololol) or I don't have the items needed to complete (race with the chicken, et al)

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Am I doing something wrong, or is coin earning and grandprix points just slow to earn? Really want the bumper car and to save up for when Spyro is available again. Trying to do challenges, but either they are impossible (win a race lolololol) or I don't have the items needed to complete (race with the chicken, et al)

The main way to earn coins is playing online. Every day you'll get a 30min period of in-game online race time called Wumpa Time where all your coins gains are x5. There's also a weekend bonus that gives x2 coins that stacks with the Wumpa Time for a nice x10 coins for playing online on the weekend. The weekend bonus is mainly active on saturday and sunday but it bleeds a bit into the friday before and monday after so you can technically complete 4 Wumpa Times with weekend bonus active if you time it right. 1st to 3rd earn some extra coins when finishing a race but getting 4th to 8th in a race still earns you 75% of what 1st place earns in a race so even if you're losing a bunch it's still a huge amount of coins you can earn for just playing online. If you're really looking for the big bucks, you can also set up a private lobby with a friend and just grind your Wumpa Times there with guaranteed 1st or 2nd places while only playing on high payout tracks, though I'd personally say just doing the online races during the weekend is a much more enjoyable experience.

Nitro points can definitely be a slog especially when you can't access some of the challenges because you don't have everything unlocked. The main strat for fast Nitro Points is to just get whatever the first character bundle and kart bundle is in the pit stop to get a set that earns you the most bonus Nitro Points, then just try to complete as many Pro and Themed challenges as you can. That alone is usually enough to put you halfway through the silver rewards. Then it's just a matter of keeping up with the weeklies (preferably do them during the weekend so you also earn x2 coins while doing them) and if you don't feel like that's enough you can pop in daily for more challenges (usually doing one online race pops a bunch of challenges right there). You can get up to +70% bonus Nitro for just wearing the right equipment so it really helps to coordinate your look while doing the challenges.

I personally have only been playing this game on the weekends for the last two GP's and I've been able to max out the GP nitro bar and get enough coins to buy out every GP Pit Stop item with coins to spare, so I definitely think the game is pretty reasonable in the payouts. You should definitely be able to farm up for the bumper kart and Spyro if you don't mind suffering through the online for a couple of weekends. Finishing your entire Wumpa Time on a weekend day should earn you somewhere between 4k a 6k coins depending on how well you do and the tracks picked so it's definitely worth it.

Here's a more in-depth post on it all if you actually wanna go crazy with optimizing your coin gains: https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandi..._coin_farming_efficiency_neon_circus_edition/

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
OK, sharing it here to get more exposure; --Down below is another of those my mockups, this time a visual of how the full roster will look as we get all the previously datamined characters (obviously, avoid it to see if you don't want be spoiled)

kzhba2g9c5ndr0mzg.jpg

So here's a rundown of some details:
  • Next month we're gonna get 5 characters: Rilla Roo, Yaya Panda, Chick, Stew and Hasty (a new character, supposedly based on the slim hippo designed by one of the artists that worked on the original CTR, despite the character itself not being for the game at all. Now seems Beenox turned him in a moose, as teased in the roadmap);
  • That leave us with 6 characters: Baby Cortex and Baby Tropy, Emperor Velo, Willie Wumpa and the two remaining Spyro characters, Ripto and Sorceress. That's enough for at least 2 more GPs, but there's enough evidence in the data of the game that we're gonna get events until next June, closing a year of support! So we certainly will get much more than just these 6, closing with way more than just 55 racers!
  • The January GP already has a codename: "dryland".

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
  • Next month we're gonna get 5 characters: Rilla Roo, Yaya Panda, Chick, Stew and Hasty (a new character, supposedly based on the slim hippo designed by one of the artists that worked on the original CTR, despite the character itself not being for the game at all. Now seems Beenox turned him in a moose, as teased in the roadmap);
  • That leave us with 6 characters: Baby Cortex and Baby Tropy, Emperor Velo, Willie Wumpa and the two remaining Spyro characters, Ripto and Sorceress. That's enough for at least 2 more GPs, but there's enough evidence in the data of the game that we're gonna get events until next June, closing a year of support! So we certainly will get much more than just these 6, closing with way more than just 55 racers!
Was there something specific in the datamine to proof that we would actually...
...get 5 characters next GP or are those 5 characters just visible in the datamine? We've seen characters in datamines earlier that didn't see the light of day yet so I wouldn't go assuming we would get more than 3 characters next GP unless there's something particular about the datamine. (That said, them throwing Chick and Stew in alongside the 3 main GP characters does seem somewhat believable)

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Was there something specific in the datamine to proof that we would actually...
...get 5 characters next GP or are those 5 characters just visible in the datamine? We've seen characters in datamines earlier that didn't see the light of day yet so I wouldn't go assuming we would get more than 3 characters next GP unless there's something particular about the datamine. (That said, them throwing Chick and Stew in alongside the 3 main GP characters does seem somewhat believable)
well, BetaM specifically pointed that these 5 are the next month characters. Since the very first clean up of names, they don't put placeholders for characters that aren't coming in the follwing month.

but, seeing how almost all of the first big batch of names discovered when the game launched were eventually added anyway, even with no mention again by now (the likes of Willie and Emperor Velo) it's safe to assume they'll be added too.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2017
England
OK, sharing it here to get more exposure; --Down below is another of those my mockups, this time a visual of how the full roster will look as we get all the previously datamined characters (obviously, avoid it to see if you don't want be spoiled)

kzhba2g9c5ndr0mzg.jpg

Another impressive mockup! I much prefer the way you've laid it out, I get unreasonably annoyed seeing the Komodo Bros spread so far out in the game proper.

Seeing them all together does make one wonder if they'll keep adding characters in the five rumoured GPs planned for next year? I hope we can get a Twinsanity based GP that gives us Madam Amberly and the Evil Twins!

Unicorn

One Winged Slayer
Oct 29, 2017
Is nobody playing? Would've thought Saturday midday would be prime time. Been re-searching for matches 10+ times at this point...

Edit:
Crossplay when? This is insane.
My time to play games today is basically over now. Fucking bullshit.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Another impressive mockup! I much prefer the way you've laid it out, I get unreasonably annoyed seeing the Komodo Bros spread so far out in the game proper.

Seeing them all together does make one wonder if they'll keep adding characters in the five rumoured GPs planned for next year? I hope we can get a Twinsanity based GP that gives us Madam Amberly and the Evil Twins!
Thanks! And I do believe we'll get way more characters then what was previously found in the data. Nitro-Fueled is doing great and I assume the new bundles with N. Sane Trilogy and Reignited Trilogy will get a huge boost on Black Friday and Christmas;

No way they will end support for the game so soon; --We'll get a full year of Grand Prix events for sure.