• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
D/c?

So bots are in the online modes? Explains it lol.

OOoh disconnection. Got it.

Now I'll need an explanation for the rider going back and forth along the start/finish line lol.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
sorry, short for disconnect. When a player drops, they are respawned as AI in your game. Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong, if the host drops then the entire group is respawned as AI. The same thing happens when your own connection cuts out for a second. People actually take advantage of this by signing out of their profile at the beginning of online races, thereby disconnecting themselves, and signing back in immediately to face easy AI.

Alek

Games User Researcher
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Dashy made a video guide for the new track for those interested.

It's a pretty straightforward track to be honest, nothing especially technical to accomplish here. Hazards seem threatening at first (mines and blades) but you'll forget they even exist with a bit of practice. The blades are slow enough that you should be able to react to them without keeping track of their position versus your laptimes.

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, I have video and photo proof that there are indeed screen names for 2nd and 3rd place but I've also seen character names as well on the finish screen that I've only now just noticed which would have clued me in earlier that there were bots. So do the player names stay at the podium screen or were they racing?

Edit: for that 1st blow out race I mean.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is wumpa time longer on Saturdays or something

I know it only counts time racing but I've been doing online races in the same lobby for an hour and a half now and it's still going

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
Wait, I have video and photo proof that there are indeed screen names for 2nd and 3rd place but I've also seen character names as well on the finish screen that I've only now just noticed which would have clued me in earlier that there were bots. So do the player names stay at the podium screen or were they racing?

Edit: for that 1st blow out race I mean.
the game keeps track of which players were using what characters. The placements you see at the podium are according to what happened in your particular game. Again if the host drops, literally everyone can be first place in their own instance.

Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish I picked up this game earlier and could have experienced all of these grand prixes as they happened. This game has been a family event but it seems that support might be dwindling this far out from release. Not commenting on this latest grand prix, just a fear that we may have caught up to their pre-release head start so to speak.

I wonder if a Rocket League approach could work for them in the future. A season pass spanning a couple months of cosmetic add-ons (decals, stickers, paints, skin colors of multiple skins etc) with a seasonal grand prix to mark certain holidays or seasons with a new track, characters, cars and legendary skins as it is now. Meaning these maybe happen 4 or 5 times a year with the lesser stuff being more steady (but still cool to get alternate colors of legendary skins)

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
Man, I wish I picked up this game earlier and could have experienced all of these grand prixes as they happened. This game has been a family event but it seems that support might be dwindling this far out from release. Not commenting on this latest grand prix, just a fear that we may have caught up to their pre-release head start so to speak.

I wonder if a Rocket League approach could work for them in the future. A season pass spanning a couple months of cosmetic add-ons (decals, stickers, paints, skin colors of multiple skins etc) with a seasonal grand prix to mark certain holidays or seasons with a new track, characters, cars and legendary skins as it is now. Meaning these maybe happen 4 or 5 times a year with the lesser stuff being more steady (but still cool to get alternate colors of legendary skins)

I think I'd buy any pass. Wonder if they think it's worth it though.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Oh I thought it changed at midnight EST
Nope, 7PM EST. It's really pretty annoying, but it does allow you to get 4 days of weekend time. And quests change over at 10AM EST. Nothing is consistent. The one thing I'm not sure about is when weekend time exactly starts/ends. Pretty sure that's another different time.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Nope, 7PM EST. It's really pretty annoying, but it does allow you to get 4 days of weekend time. And quests change over at 10AM EST. Nothing is consistent. The one thing I'm not sure about is when weekend time exactly starts/ends. Pretty sure that's another different time.
Lol oh my god ok

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Golden wumpa populates every 7 races. I've been grinding on single races and stared counting, and at least for single races after you complete 6, the 7th race you should have the golden wumpa on the track.

I've been doing this to try to grind out the "The Fruit of Labor" challenge. I do 6 shorter tracks, then jump to Megamix for the golden wumpa.

Don't know if it's the same for online races though.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
I think the Golden wumpa populates every 7 races. I've been grinding on single races and stared counting, and at least for single races after you complete 6, the 7th race you should have the golden wumpa on the track.

I've been doing this to try to grind out the "The Fruit of Labor" challenge. I do 6 shorter tracks, then jump to Megamix for the golden wumpa.

Don't know if it's the same for online races though.
I think you could technically do 5 or 6 one lap ring rallies to trigger the next golden wumpa in your next single race, if you want to speed up getting that challenge even more.

For anyone still interested in optimizing their wumpa gains, here's the new reddit post that goes indepth on it. https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandi...mpa_coin_farming_efficiency_rustland_edition/

Oct 27, 2017
I think you could technically do 5 or 6 one lap ring rallies to trigger the next golden wumpa in your next single race, if you want to speed up getting that challenge even more.

For anyone still interested in optimizing their wumpa gains, here's the new reddit post that goes indepth on it. https://www.reddit.com/r/crashbandi...mpa_coin_farming_efficiency_rustland_edition/
That was way over my head but I'll keep the golden wumpa counter in mind and select an easy track to chase them when we're all playing.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Fyi, I was online when Wumpa time turned off. It turns off at 4AM EST on Monday morning. I would assume then that it turns on at 4PM EST on Friday, but who knows.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I have to say Megamix Mania is a superb track and one of my favorites in the games. It just has such a good flow with the ability to get ultra sacred fire from near the start which you can take with you nearly the whole track. It's challenging but not annoying and the track hazards feel static enough that you can avoid them if you know what line to take. Plus it's super colorful and just looks great.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
I hate how there's no host migration in the lobbies. Love waiting to find a match and then waiting 50 seconds to start and then the host leaves and you've gotta restart the entire process over again.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I hate how there's no host migration in the lobbies. Love waiting to find a match and then waiting 50 seconds to start and then the host leaves and you've gotta restart the entire process over again.
yup. So much time wasted lol. I have such a good time online when I'm racing. When I'm not racing it is pure trepidation.

Oct 27, 2017
Alright! Unlocked "Mechamix" this morning which made for a nice little extra birthday gift for my oldest who's favorite character has become Megamix.

I've also been chipping away at time trials. Is it all tracks minus bonus or ctr only? Or ALL as in including the dlc up to that point?

Oct 27, 2017
My son and I have developed an easy method to get golden wumpas (I hate chasing them tbh).

I'll go up ahead of the box, giving myself enough room to react and wait sideways in the middle of the track. Then he hits the box and I start driving forward across the track, speeding up or slowing down depending on its path. I need to start moving as he hits the box to gain the momentum needed to react. We've ironed it out lol.

Oct 27, 2017
So to my embarrassment over my overreaction of the time trials difficulty earlier in my post history of this thread, I'm getting the hang of it. To my son's amusement, I've been simply running with the classic/default kart and decorating it to match the driver whom I choose based on the level (Baby T for Mystery Caves, Coco for Coco Park, Pura for Tiger Temple etc) to sort of make use of the plethora of characters in this game. I'll need to go back and redo the ones I've done before this self created rule lol.

I really wish there was a custom cup option AND that second and third place had victory dances like they do online. I play with my not-so-gamer family and I typically come in first for nitro fuel/wumpa coin sake only throwng races periodically. They deserve to see their dances too, damnit.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
Has there been a steady increase in chickens in this game? I just noticed a chicken being chased by a tiger in Tiger Temple (I think) and I'm pretty sure that's a chicken on the top of the missile on lap 2 of Megamix Mania.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can't wait for the final update to the game where they give everyone a chicken suit skin

Oct 27, 2017
I have Blizzard Bluff, Cortex castle, Oxide station and Deep sea racing left for N. Tropy time trials.

BB because I can't consistently jump that gap over multiple laps but I'm sure I'll get there.

Cortex probably because I can't get that shortcut consistently either.

On Deep sea, he overtakes me from above in the tubes so I need to figure out that approach.

And I can't even qualify on oxide and this is the one I thought would be easy when I saw it posted by someone showing there was little/no need for drifting for this one lol.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I have Blizzard Bluff, Cortex castle, Oxide station and Deep sea racing left for N. Tropy time trials.

BB because I can't consistently jump that gap over multiple laps but I'm sure I'll get there.

Cortex probably because I can't get that shortcut consistently either.

On Deep sea, he overtakes me from above in the tubes so I need to figure out that approach.

And I can't even qualify on oxide and this is the one I thought would be easy when I saw it posted by someone showing there was little/no need for drifting for this one lol.
On Deep Sea Driving, what I do is when you get to that hole with the tentacles that you jump over, go off the ramp to the left, do not hit the jump button, and that way you can hit both boost pads, and immediately start drifting when you land. That way you get a ton of boost that should get you all the way to the boost before the tubes. Doing this is how I triggered the blue boost for an entire lap trophy. The propellers make it very annoying though.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
we're pretty close to complete the original datamined roster (spoilers ahead)

CTRNF-Cast-Jan-20.png

of course we can (and probably will) get more than originally planned, as Yaya and Megamix were never found on the first batch of names

Oct 27, 2017
That would take us to June if 55 was the end game for one year after release (at one character a month going forward). What a game/roster.

After that, I hope legendary skins keep getting released and maybe a track every couple months.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
That would take us to June if 55 was the end game for one year after release (at one character a month going forward). What a game/roster.

After that, I hope legendary skins keep getting released and maybe a track every couple months.
I can see character additions ending in June regardless if their goal is the original 56* racers, because it won't be only completing a full year of support, as probably there will be a Steam release by that time with all the content included from the get-go.

but I also can see we reaching almost 70 racers by June with ease, as it is lacking some fan favorites and major names from the datamine (Evil Twins, Amberly, Viscount, Evil Crash, etc)

Oct 27, 2017
I can see character additions ending in June regardless if their goal is the original 56* racers, because it won't be only completing a full year of support, as probably there will be a Steam release by that time with all the content included from the get-go.

but I also can see we reaching almost 70 racers by June with ease, as it is lacking some fan favorites and major names from the datamine (Evil Twins, Amberly, Viscount, Evil Crash, etc)
Odd how I missed one lol. Must have misread 56 and counted one character a month in my head to June. This would mean we get two at once during a GP if what I was saying was true. Whocoulditbe? Lmao

Oct 27, 2017
I probably value Tracks > Characters > Karts > Skins > Wheels > the rest.
I was just thinking that tracks probably take more time and if they've caught up with their plans, it may take more time for tracks to release. I figured skins (holidays, world events, partnership releases etc) would be good to tide us over for the next track when it's ready.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Odd how I missed one lol. Must have misread 56 and counted one character a month in my head to June. This would mean we get two at once during a GP if what I was saying was true. Whocoulditbe? Lmao
I think we can at least expect two months (consecutive or not) with 2 characters each

we have two babies and two missing Spyro characters, so I doubt they will split these two sets into four months, having a character each

And all of sudden, past February, we can be surprised with another 5 additions in a singular month, who knows?