• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
Tropy is mine finally! Something I didn't think I'd bother trying and here I am. Now I want that Oxide time-beating skin... hmm.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
so to add food for thought, here's a compilation of characters for Nitro-Fueled speculation (obviously, spoilers below)

Nitro-Fueled-Cast-Jan-20-per-game.png

Green Slots = characters already playable in Nitro-Fueled
Blue Slots = characters that were datamined and are coming soon
Yellow Slots = characters that are already referenced in the game be through track cameos or other nods
Red Slot = Deconfirmed? (due a skin based on the character)
Black Slot = No evidence in their favor whatsoever

EDIT: obviously I don't think all of them are getting in with the short time we have up until June. But a handful I can see happening still, especially the Twinsanity gang and Viscount

Oct 27, 2017
so to add food for thought, here's a compilation of characters for Nitro-Fueled speculation (obviously, spoilers below)

Nitro-Fueled-Cast-Jan-20-per-game.png

Green Slots = characters already playable in Nitro-Fueled
Blue Slots = characters that were datamined and are coming soon
Yellow Slots = characters that are already referenced in the game be through track cameos or other nods
Red Slot = Deconfirmed? (due a skin based on the character)
Black Slot = No evidence in their favor whatsoever

EDIT: obviously I don't think all of them are getting in with the short time we have up until June. But a handful I can see happening still, especially the Twinsanity gang and Viscount
That's a nice list/chart. Helps folks like my son and I who watch some datamine and future grand prix idea videos get a sense of exactly where everyone comes from.

Oct 27, 2017
So after all the time trials last night, when I selected N. Tropy for my first race as him, I didn't expect a golden wumpa race otherwise I wouldn't have selected this track... but alas. Thought this was badass as I don't typically land this consistently nor would I imagine getting the timing just right haha.

Oct 27, 2017
Watching that, man I hate chasing Wumpas because my anxiety makes me rush through the drift turbos and hop excessively trying to right myself for the next slide.

Definitely prefer another player releasing it for me.

Oct 27, 2017
So the "win Skull Rock in all 5 modes" challenge just straight up doesn't work. Cool.
Did you change the one battle mode to lives instead of the default timer? Because that happened to me when I tried cheaping out and making it go quicker.

Edit: scratch that. I think it's because my wife won one match and I didn't notice it was "win" and not "play".

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Did you change the one battle mode to lives instead of the default timer? Because that happened to me when I tried cheaping out and making it go quicker.

Yep.

Wait, seriously? You can just turn off all AI, turn on a second controller and beat the second player who is just sitting there -- which is probably what most people do for these dumb challenges -- but you can't change it from timer to lives and it doesn't tell you that?

lol

Oct 27, 2017
Yep.

Wait, seriously? You can just turn off all AI, turn on a second controller and beat the second player who is just sitting there -- which is probably what most people do for these dumb challenges -- but you can't change it from timer to lives and it doesn't tell you that?

lol
So it worked then? Because I couldn't remember if it was because my wife won or if that prompted a third playthrough after realizing I set it to lives.

Oct 27, 2017
So who's that purple devil bat in the stained glass windows in that clockwork wumpa level (also seen as a giant statue/gargoyle)? That would be a badass looking character.

I like the idea of guests like that Tony Hawk.

Something else I keep thinking about because of my love for Ripper Roo (teeth and tongue give me these vibes):

39026eb2-4701-4d0f-b91j8o.jpeg

Rat Fink, classic auto decal artwork character.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
So who's that purple devil bat in the stained glass windows in that clockwork wumpa level (also seen as a giant statue/gargoyle)? That would be a badass looking character.

I like the idea of guests like that Tony Hawk.

Something else I keep thinking about because of my love for Ripper Roo (teeth and tongue give me these vibes):

39026eb2-4701-4d0f-b91j8o.jpeg

Rat Fink, classic auto decal artwork character.
That gargoyle is pretty much decoration of the track with no context :P, but going by the fact that Clockwork Wumpa track is in the Fenomena Planet, I guess it could be a thing there in their civilization (Norm and Big Norm are from there; Thunder Struck is another track located in the same planet, as you can see moving statues in there are the same species as them);

Oct 27, 2017
That gargoyle is pretty much decoration of the track with no context :P, but going by the fact that Clockwork Wumpa track is in the Fenomena Planet, I guess it could be a thing there in their civilization (Norm and Big Norm are from there; Thunder Struck is another track located in the same planet, as you can see moving statues in there are the same species as them);
Yes, I noticed that about Thunderstruck. I'd take a purple winged skin for each.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The Crash Bandicoot reddit has a thing going on dubbed "Geary Day", where everybody plays as Geary online today to highlight the poor, neglected robot fellow who remains the only base-game character who hasn't got a single legendary skin (meanwhile characters like Crash and Coco are rolling in 8 a piece.)

Heartening.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Yes, I noticed that about Thunderstruck. I'd take a purple winged skin for each.
I don't know how much are you aware of Crash lore or if you played the original Crash Nitro Kart, but here's a rundown of the tracks and the planets:

Terra (Krunk is the boss):
Inferno Island
Jungle Boogie
Tiny Temple

Barin (Nash is the boss)
Meteor Gorge
Barin Ruins
Deep Sea Driving

Fenomena (Norm and Big Norm are the bosses)
Out of Time
Clockwork Wumpa
Thunder Struck

Teknee (Geary is the boss)
Assembly Lane
Android Alley
Electron Avenue

and then there's Velo's Citadel which is an asteroid and where the coliseum is located and where Hyper Spaceway starts to race against Emperor Velo XXVII.

🐺

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how much are you aware of Crash lore or if you played the original Crash Nitro Kart, but here's a rundown of the tracks and the planets:

Terra (Krunk is the boss):
Inferno Island
Jungle Boogie
Tiny Temple

Barin (Nash is the boss)
Meteor Gorge
Barin Ruins
Deep Sea Driving

Fenomena (Norm and Big Norm are the bosses)
Out of Time
Clockwork Wumpa
Thunder Struck

Teknee (Geary is the boss)
Assembly Lane
Android Alley
Electron Avenue

and then there's Velo's Citadel which is an asteroid and where the coliseum is located and where Hyper Spaceway starts to race against Emperor Velo XXVII.

🐺
Did not know that. Thanks! But now I'm left wondering why there's a Tiny dedicated temple elsewhere in the universe lol.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Did not know that. Thanks! But now I'm left wondering why there's a Tiny dedicated temple elsewhere in the universe lol.
never was really explained lore-wise (they just wanted a similar track to Tiger Temple) but assuming Terra is so similar to Earth, somewhere it should be some species just similar enough to Tiny :p

But when you finish CNK with Team Cortex, they'll be warped to Terra by accident and Tiny lifts Velo's scepter and the people at the planet start revering him lol

Tiny.png

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
really want that dark Coco to spawn again in the pit shop.
The one thing I don't like about the Grand Prix system is if you want to buy a skin, kart paint or wheels that aren't GP limited you're basically screwed cause you have to buy all the GP stuff first.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The one thing I don't like about the Grand Prix system is if you want to buy a skin, kart paint or wheels that aren't GP limited you're basically screwed cause you have to buy all the GP stuff first.

Yeah, if they must have the rotating store, they should have at least two tabs, one for current GP stuff and one for the permanent stuff. Ideally they'd have tabs for each GP and its respective content as it is made available. Most ideally just let folks buy stuff directly from the customization menu, jeez.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017

I have more stuff to unlock for Grand Prix but I saw other skins yesterday? Like penta ninja?

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I finished my Grand Prix. Now I just need to accumulate my weekend coins for skins. There really is so much to buy in this game.

Oct 27, 2017
Is it known that there's a quick flash of a (king?) chicken in the middle of the screen when quickly scrolling through the tracks? Just noticed and it tripped me out.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
I wish they would add a wumpa time countdown so you know how much longer you get the x5 multiplier.

I also wish there was a way to save your favorite setups so you could quickly flip between your favs.

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I wish they would add a wumpa time countdown so you know how much longer you get the x5 multiplier.

I also wish there was a way to save your favorite setups so you could quickly flip between your favs.

Yeah, I'd love both of these implemented in the game. I just want to know when my next 5x multiplier is too.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Unless I'm misunderstanding, I don't think this is true. My Pit Stop refreshes at 9 AM, my 5x resets at 6PM.

You sure you're not thinking about your daily challenges vs the Pit Stop?

edit: wait, I just checked the reddit and it looks like they've shifted the times around yet again. Haven't been paying much attention this GP. The Pit Stop definitely used to reset at the same time as the Wumpa Time reset. But then, the daily challenges also used to reset at that time. I dunno why they keep changing them.

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
You sure you're not thinking about your daily challenges vs the Pit Stop?

edit: wait, I just checked the reddit and it looks like they've shifted the times around yet again. Haven't been paying much attention this GP. The Pit Stop definitely used to reset at the same time as the Wumpa Time reset. But then, the daily challenges also used to reset at that time. I dunno why they keep changing them.
I just watched it happen an hour ago. There was something I was gonna buy for 500 coins, it hit 9AM and that item got shuffled away.

Oct 27, 2017
I gotta say, this being my first FULL GP, I've been bored of it at this point having filled the nitro bar up so early.

But as discussed with my family, it's probably because I used a $50 gamestop card gifted to me for xmas to buy a $50 psn card which I then used on Wumpa coins and gobbled up most of the GP skins and such right away. I imagine I'd get more longevity out of the GP earning coins instead.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I have only done the Quick, Themed, and Pro challenges for the last 2 or 3 GPs now. Day to day, I knock out the Quick stuff and then immediately stop thinking about the GP lol. I just do whatever I feel like at that point pretty much. I've been going back and just doing time trials that I haven't touched in a while and having a lot of fun beating my old times. Arcade races on Hard are actually pretty fun too.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
Complete newbie here, been deliberating on getting the game for a while now and since it's in the Critic's Choice sale on PSN I think now might be the time. I was just wondering, is it still possible to unlock Spyro?

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Complete newbie here, been deliberating on getting the game for a while now and since it's in the Critic's Choice sale on PSN I think now might be the time. I was just wondering, is it still possible to unlock Spyro?
Spyro is being sold permanently in the in-game store for months now =)

things that are exclusive of GP events are gone after its featuring month and then put permanently in the store rotation after 3 months of absence

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Spyro is being sold permanently in the in-game store for months now =)

things that are exclusive of GP events are gone after its featuring month and then put permanently in the store rotation after 3 months of absence

And just to clarify on this, the store only has one character per day, outside of any that are in a current GP bundle, so you can't necessarily boot the game up, get enough coins for him, and buy him straight away.

Buying the daily character will replace that slot with a different character, so if you find another character you're kind of interested in, I'd probably make sure you have enough coins to buy two (so 3,000), just in case Spyro replaces them.

Getting coins is really quick if you're able to play online. Thanks to the weekend bonus, you can get like 7,000 in like an hour (30 minutes racing, but counting load times etc.) a day from Friday to Sunday, even if you do horribly. So that'd get you enough for 12 characters, give or take.

Wil348

Oct 25, 2017
And just to clarify on this, the store only has one character per day, outside of any that are in a current GP bundle, so you can't necessarily boot the game up, get enough coins for him, and buy him straight away.

Buying the daily character will replace that slot with a different character, so if you find another character you're kind of interested in, I'd probably make sure you have enough coins to buy two (so 3,000), just in case Spyro replaces them.

Getting coins is really quick if you're able to play online. Thanks to the weekend bonus, you can get like 7,000 in like an hour (30 minutes racing, but counting load times etc.) a day from Friday to Sunday, even if you do horribly. So that'd get you enough for 12 characters, give or take.

Ahhh okay, so it's a bit like how Fortnite handles it? That's a bit of a bummer, but not really a dealbreaker.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Ahhh okay, so it's a bit like how Fortnite handles it? That's a bit of a bummer, but not really a dealbreaker.

Yep. However, it's player specific for the most part- new bundles will generally show for everyone the day they come out- but unlike Fortnite, items disappear when you buy them, and are replaced with something new (usually an equivalent item, so if you buy a character, it replaces it with a new character, if you buy a kart, it replaces it with a kart etc.), so you won't get days where stuff in the store is just full of things you already own.

Oct 27, 2017
Playing with this Gamery2k fella (high up on the leaderboards) and they were glitching in and out all over the map. Twas bad and made me question the validity of their standing...