• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've also raced against them quite a bit. Hard to say it's anything suspicious when that kind of thing just happens to anybody eventually.

Oct 27, 2017
I should stop because every race has had some fuckery. Just fell off the track and they restarted me WAY the fuck back. Didn't even fall down to a lower area or anything. My worst experience with this game has been my entire play session today. FFS.

Xion_Stellar

Oct 25, 2017
So how many of you actually managed to get all 4 items from that Sour Patch Kids Promotion?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I hate losing to weapons online. 1st place all race until all of the targeting and speed ups are going to those behind me. Been stuck at 2nd and 3rd all night.

And I need know this one guy's secret. Always catching up and then getting way ahead. Unnatural.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
These days, I usually just disconnect during online races to save time. As long as you do it after the intro scene (which can be set to automatically skip), you won't mess with the race's ability to start. You'll simply be replaced with an AI racer, unless you're the host (if you're first at the starting line, you're the host), in which case everyone will be dropped, but still complete their races against AI. Gives them an easy one.

I'm just tired of waiting so long for a mediocre online experience. You wait to find a lobby, you wait for the 60 second countdown, you wait through the loading screen, you wait for everybody to finish or skip the intro scene, you get a brief race that can be glorious or a horrible item fest, you wait for the 30 second race end countdown, you wait through the second loading screen, you wait through the podium, you return to the start.

By disconnecting, I can at least skip three of the six waits, and ensure a peaceful race, albeit one without the thrill of competition. I've gotten used to racing for time, I guess.

So how many of you actually managed to get all 4 items from that Sour Patch Kids Promotion?

Managed to score three of them in a giveaway, but I had to buy the paint off an ebay seller for $4.50. I loathe my completionist self.

I hate losing to weapons online. 1st place all race until all of the targeting and speed ups are going to those behind me. Been stuck at 2nd and 3rd all night.

And I need know this one guy's secret. Always catching up and then getting way ahead. Unnatural.

I ran into a guy like that on one of the rare occasions that I actually chose to race others. I had blue fire on Hot Air Skyway and was making what I've always thought were really good lines. I always play speed, so my potential there wasn't lacking. But this guy just made gains upon gains on me, surpassed me, and--as you said--went way ahead. I messed up my race because I was so perplexed by how he could possibly go the speed he was going. Still bothers me to this day, to be honest. Though thanks to that interaction, I went through and found at least one area where I can make a risky cut for a quicker lap. Thing is, it was way later on the track than where he passed me.

Oct 27, 2017
These days, I usually just disconnect during online races to save time. As long as you do it after the intro scene (which can be set to automatically skip), you won't mess with the race's ability to start. You'll simply be replaced with an AI racer, unless you're the host (if you're first at the starting line, you're the host), in which case everyone will be dropped, but still complete their races against AI. Gives them an easy one.

I'm just tired of waiting so long for a mediocre online experience. You wait to find a lobby, you wait for the 60 second countdown, you wait through the loading screen, you wait for everybody to finish or skip the intro scene, you get a brief race that can be glorious or a horrible item fest, you wait for the 30 second race end countdown, you wait through the second loading screen, you wait through the podium, you return to the start.

By disconnecting, I can at least skip three of the six waits, and ensure a peaceful race, albeit one without the thrill of competition. I've gotten used to racing for time, I guess.

Managed to score three of them in a giveaway, but I had to buy the paint off an ebay seller for $4.50. I loathe my completionist self.

I ran into a guy like that on one of the rare occasions that I actually chose to race others. I had blue fire on Hot Air Skyway and was making what I've always thought were really good lines. I always play speed, so my potential there wasn't lacking. But this guy just made gains upon gains on me, surpassed me, and--as you said--went way ahead. I messed up my race because I was so perplexed by how he could possibly go the speed he was going. Still bothers me to this day, to be honest. Though thanks to that interaction, I went through and found at least one area where I can make a risky cut for a quicker lap. Thing is, it was way later on the track than where he passed me.
This happened on Electron and I was making the air brake cuts over two sections.

Oh, and I don't even want to talk about the race before in the sewer where I made the shortcut all three laps but this same guy missed it and still caught up and then finished several seconds ahead. On electron, NO ONE ELSE FINISHED!

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
This happened on Electron and I was making the air brake cuts over two sections.

Oh, and I don't even want to talk about the race before in the sewer where I made the shortcut all three laps but this same guy missed it and still caught up and then finished several seconds ahead. On electron, NO ONE ELSE FINISHED!

Makes me worry that there's some undisclosed exploit leaking out. Or even worse, that...

that...

...that I'm just not as good as I think. :(

Oct 27, 2017
Makes me worry that there's some undisclosed exploit leaking out. Or even worse, that...

that...

...that I'm just not as good as I think. :(
Lol. It just bugs me. I know I'm no Oxide beating champ but I don't know how it happens even on straight aways after they've fallen missing one of those air brake cuts on electron assuming they don't have a turbo I'm not aware of based on sound and visual.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Lol. It just bugs me. I know I'm no Oxide beating champ but I don't know how it happens even on straight aways after they've fallen missing one of those air brake cuts on electron assuming they don't have a turbo I'm not aware of based on sound and visual.

Even then, a turbo won't beat blue fire, it'll just extend your reserves a bit. Only a mask+blue fire will beat blue fire as far as pure speed goes. Unless of course you're on a track with blue fire pads that grant different speeds, but I don't think Electron Avenue is one of those.

Oct 27, 2017
You know what? I was on the flip side of my complaint haha. I was back and forth, neck and neck with a racer in Tiny Arena when I finally managed to capitalize on a mistake or missile trade and I found myself far ahead thanks to my handling of the track.

Had a great early afternoon to begin with. Last race I came in last (7th with an AI) thanks to getting triple hit by three different weapons but otherwise a couple firsts and as many seconds, thirds and fourths. Would really really appreciate a no-item mode. Maybe?

Side note: I feel bad. My oldest is getting bored of the game. He says he'll be excited with the next grand prix but that "we just keep doing the same thing". =[. Besides taking turns in ring rallies and such, what are some good ideas to spice up the game a bit? For a bit, he enjoyed sticking to themes be it based on the track or just a predetermined theme like an element, color or other attribute. Seriously, just adding in celebrations for all three players and allowing custom cups (what tracks and how many) would REALLY help.

Serena

Oct 25, 2017
Same! I have almost worked my way through the pit stop. I have a ton of tired and stickers left.

Oct 27, 2017
I do wish $ equivalencies had cars at $5, new characters at 2.99, and skins at 1.99. Right now, cars are 10-ish, characters at 3-ish (?) skins at 5.

Am I remembering wumpa coin prices wrong?

Edit: definitely excited to finally be caught up with the GP characters once the carnival characters get unlocked next GP.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
It's funny to see money equivalents to the pit stop stuff, cause with me just playing the game a couple of hours on weekends since the game came out, I'm just sitting on over 200k coins with nothing to spend it on. I wonder how much money they're actually making of micro-transactions, since the incentive to get them seems pretty low since you can easily farm up more coins in a single GP just by playing a couple hours in the weekend than you actually need to buy out every GP item in one.

Oct 27, 2017
Even playing for an hour or so with the family on double xp weekends, we're only getting between 100 and 200 coins per race. Just say we do 10 races, that's only maybe enough for a character if I had any left to get (we don't) or some decals or colors, a little more for skins. Cars take longer to farm for and I usually have to hop out for a few online races to get between 300 and 500 a race to pad out my bank.

I use dollar equivalents because I think it's a bit absurd looking at the prices if they sold them as dlc.

Edit: we just played a bunch now and bought a few 500 coin decals. 1500 altogether for my night with the game.

Last edited:

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Well yeah, offline payouts are rough and the pit stop definitely isn't balanced around the offline payout. I only play online these days during the weekend and usually only for as long as the wumpa time lasts, so I pretty much always have the x10 multiplayer active. Even on the worst days I don't earn less than 2000 coins for like a bit more than a hour of play, and if the time works out you can even trigger that weekend bonus on 3 or 4 different wumpa times in a single weekend, so you could relatively easy earn over 10k in a weekend if you time it right, probably double that if you can set that up in private lobbies with a friend. Of course I don't bother with any of that anymore since I have enough to buy out the next four GP's if I wanted, but even then I still usually earn over 5k just playing about 3 hours over the weekend just playing casually, which to me always felt like a pace that almost invalidates actually ever wanting to spend real money in the shop.

Oct 27, 2017
Well yeah, offline payouts are rough and the pit stop definitely isn't balanced around the offline payout. I only play online these days during the weekend and usually only for as long as the wumpa time lasts, so I pretty much always have the x10 multiplayer active. Even on the worst days I don't earn less than 2000 coins for like a bit more than a hour of play, and if the time works out you can even trigger that weekend bonus on 3 or 4 different wumpa times in a single weekend, so you could relatively easy earn over 10k in a weekend if you time it right, probably double that if you can set that up in private lobbies with a friend. Of course I don't bother with any of that anymore since I have enough to buy out the next four GP's if I wanted, but even then I still usually earn over 5k just playing about 3 hours over the weekend just playing casually, which to me always felt like a pace that almost invalidates actually ever wanting to spend real money in the shop.
I play with my wife and kids so I'm sort of "punished" or thought less of for being mostly an offline racer lol. It is what it is. Even watching the sad losing animations for second and third place in cups compared to what you get online stings a little. My kids want to feel like they accomplished something coming in 2nd or 3rd ffs. Give us coins and win animations.

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
For those who haven't seen it yet, next Grand Prix will be the final one.

GP_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

TLDR There will still be new stuff added to the pit stop post-GP's like skins, karts and characters, but the monthly event and brand new tracks will come to a stop after the next GP. Instead of the GP there will be daily, weekly and monthly challenges.

Next GP will add dev ghosts to beat for a harder challenge than Oxide, with its own show off reward. Once the challenge system replaces GP's you'll also be able to refresh the pit stop twice a day, should be a nice QoL change to those new to the game and wanting to unlock specific stuff.

TheOGB

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IMPORTANT UPDATE

This is it, folks. Monthly Grand Prix events are coming to an end, with the next GP (to be announced next week) being the final one. There will be an update after the final GP that adds the following:
  • New developer Time Trial records to beat, with a special reward to win.
  • Challenge system that will continue to give daily, weekly, and monthly challenges. Instead of giving Nitro Points for Grand Prix rewards, they will award Wumpa Coins to use in the Pit Stop.
  • The ability to refresh the Pit Stop up to 2 times a day
There will also still be new content coming to the game in the form of new characters, new karts, new Legendary skins, Legendary skin recolors, new decals, and new paint jobs. These will not be tied to a theme or event, and will presumably come at a less frequent rate than they have.

just beat by a second lol

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I said this in the other thread already but I'll say it again just because I want to get my opinion about this news:
I'm glad but also kinda sad that GPs are coming to an end, it was a lot of fun seeing new tracks and themes come to the game. At least we're still getting new content afterwards.

Overall, CTR means a lot to me as a game that got me into the franchise all the way back in 1999 and I'm happy that the game is getting the love and respect it deserves, even if some people dislike NF

Still hoping we get a 60fps update for next gen.
Hopefully, and especially for a PC Release

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I'm gonna miss getting new tracks, but I'll be relieved to be able to play at my own pace again. Really started to feel burnt out with this past GP. But I've got one more long drive in me, and 60k Wumps to my name. I'm not terribly interested in big Velo, but I may as well get that final Champion decal.

Still hoping we get a 60fps update for next gen.

It would be an incredibly missed opportunity.

Oct 27, 2017
Glad support will continue in the fashion I'd suspected/hoped.

Now to hold my breath for new Ripper Roo skins or not....

Oh yeah, and I was wondering if next gen would see them returning to GPs for a few months to get new buyers/return players interested.

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong when it comes to maintaining boost. Is it my double tap of an R button while trying to go for the opposite power slide? I can't beat Oxide on Crash Cove and I've watched a few videos. I don't know how to keep my speed going despite feeling like I'm not making any mistakes and going for the same lines.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I really don't know what I'm doing wrong when it comes to maintaining boost. Is it my double tap of an R button while trying to go for the opposite power slide? I can't beat Oxide on Crash Cove and I've watched a few videos. I don't know how to keep my speed going despite feeling like I'm not making any mistakes and going for the same lines.

Some boost pads give more reserves when you drive over them than others. The Crash Cove pads give almost nothing, so you've really got to have nailed a lot of perfects beforehand, and keep them going after. Besides that, it's a matter of staying as close to the inside of the track as possible, without bumping any walls.

There's not a lot of room for tricks or risky-but-rewarding moves. It's a short, simple track, which means you've got to be nearly perfect.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
beating the Crash Cove Oxide ghost finally made me get the message regarding triple perfects and first lap reserves. The difference between good and perfect, especially the third perfect is quite significant. You can't really miss a single perfect, and when you can get three you must get them or you're done for.

SNRUB

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
I honestly had a much more difficult time doing the CTR challenge for Crash Cove in Hard Mode than in the Time Trial. It was nigh impossible most of the time because of how the rubberbanding works in that specific difficulty.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
oh yeah, CTR challenge on hard was a total disaster lmao. Could only do it after getting a lucky string of items.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
I never bothered doing CTR on hard, as--as far as I'm aware--there's no reward for 100%/101%ing a hard save. To get the trophy, you just needed to beat Oxide.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
bragging rights I guess lol. It's kinda funny though because I'd say the Crash Cove CTR challenge is hands down the hardest one. Everything else in hard adventure is totally manageable.

Oct 27, 2017
I have Dreams and the kids want me to play Dreams but I know that's going to be a time sink and my mind/time is on CTR still lol.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
Doing some last minute challenges and it's honestly incredible that they still have challenges after all this time that literally don't work.

"Win in Terra Drome in every mode."

* still 0 / 5 after winning in all 5 *

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
Weird, I did my Terra Dome challenge a few hours ago with no issues to finish up the grand prix.

chalkitdown

Oct 26, 2017
Developers React is the best thing IGN have ever done. This one is so fucking good.

I love how laid back these guys are watching someone completely break a game they put their heart and soul into. lol

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Dropping into the OT as a last resort. I started playing the game over the weekend because I saw there was one day left in the Grand Prix and I've been letting this game sit since launch. With only one more GP to go after this it felt like I should jump in ASAP to see what the fuss is all about.

Yesterday I removed the disc from my PS4 in frustration and vowed never to play again. I cannot remember having this much trouble with a racing game since the original Wipeout on PS1. Dirt Rally was easier than this for me. I feel like I'm doing something wrong but I ALSO feel like I'm being cheated. I can't for the life of me win Sewer Speedway in the very first area on Adventure Medium. I can almost always place second or third, and I can even lead for a time, but inevitably first place is always just out of reach.

The worst is when I finally managed to beat the ~2:38 time that I'd reliably see on the first-place winner, only to then see first place go to someone with a 2:36 time. At that point I quit; what's the point if the game is always going to do just slightly better than whatever time I put up?

I'm drifting in all the places I can, but I watched a video and saw many more drifts in places I find next to impossible to drift in, like straights. I don't mind the triple-tap mechanic for drifting but triggering a drift in the first place feels bad; you have to keep the stick cranked all the way in one direction, make sure the drift is initiated, and then almost immediately crank it all the way in the opposite direction or else you're hitting a wall and all that was for nothing.

A day later and I think I'm ready to try again, but I have zero guarantee that it'll work out better than yesterday did. Please help. If I can't even get past the very first world, what hope do I have for the rest of the game? Apparently dropping the game to Easy makes it so it practically plays itself so it sounds like that's not an option either, but I'm really not having any fun at all. And this is on top of the load times being terrible, the Grand Prix being a pain to advance in if you mostly play offline (somehow people didn't mention that in the Era threads praising the GPs), etc.

Tiber

Nov 1, 2017
For those who haven't seen it yet, next Grand Prix will be the final one.

GP_Infographic_FINAL.jpg

TLDR There will still be new stuff added to the pit stop post-GP's like skins, karts and characters, but the monthly event and brand new tracks will come to a stop after the next GP. Instead of the GP there will be daily, weekly and monthly challenges.

Next GP will add dev ghosts to beat for a harder challenge than Oxide, with its own show off reward. Once the challenge system replaces GP's you'll also be able to refresh the pit stop twice a day, should be a nice QoL change to those new to the game and wanting to unlock specific stuff.

Are Crash and Spyro published by a different department than the rest of Activision's games? Its crazy how well Activision of all companies has handled those games

Oct 27, 2017
Dropping into the OT as a last resort. I started playing the game over the weekend because I saw there was one day left in the Grand Prix and I've been letting this game sit since launch. With only one more GP to go after this it felt like I should jump in ASAP to see what the fuss is all about.

Yesterday I removed the disc from my PS4 in frustration and vowed never to play again. I cannot remember having this much trouble with a racing game since the original Wipeout on PS1. Dirt Rally was easier than this for me. I feel like I'm doing something wrong but I ALSO feel like I'm being cheated. I can't for the life of me win Sewer Speedway in the very first area on Adventure Medium. I can almost always place second or third, and I can even lead for a time, but inevitably first place is always just out of reach.

The worst is when I finally managed to beat the ~2:38 time that I'd reliably see on the first-place winner, only to then see first place go to someone with a 2:36 time. At that point I quit; what's the point if the game is always going to do just slightly better than whatever time I put up?

I'm drifting in all the places I can, but I watched a video and saw many more drifts in places I find next to impossible to drift in, like straights. I don't mind the triple-tap mechanic for drifting but triggering a drift in the first place feels bad; you have to keep the stick cranked all the way in one direction, make sure the drift is initiated, and then almost immediately crank it all the way in the opposite direction or else you're hitting a wall and all that was for nothing.

A day later and I think I'm ready to try again, but I have zero guarantee that it'll work out better than yesterday did. Please help. If I can't even get past the very first world, what hope do I have for the rest of the game? Apparently dropping the game to Easy makes it so it practically plays itself so it sounds like that's not an option either, but I'm really not having any fun at all. And this is on top of the load times being terrible, the Grand Prix being a pain to advance in if you mostly play offline (somehow people didn't mention that in the Era threads praising the GPs), etc.
I've been there. This game rewards your will to learn and it's so much fun to play compared to other kart racers that feel like a drag to play or even watch because of the lack of CTR's mechanics.

There's this deep underbelly to boosting and hopping and air braking that I'll let your own video searches help you with because I'm still not at a level I feel confident enough to pass on info.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Have a try at the Ring Rally mode for the course. The Sewer Speedway Ring Rally leads you to the optimal line for the shortcut for that course. Which if you can hit should certainly help knock your time down by a significant margin. If you struggle to take the shortcut in the race, just save a turbo boost or a mask and use that to make the jump for it.

Although if you are getting that close already I think it should take a few more attempts as is with general better gameplay you are gradually getting, as well as maybe a bit of good luck with the items helping shave off those last few seconds.

Grand Prix actually fairly simple to advance offline, but it's more of a "Login daily" style one. You can certainly max out the gauge with as little as one race a day from the quick challenges. Check the store, Customise a character that can give a good amount of bonuses (You should be able to get enough coins to purchase one of the character bundles before the start of the next GP which we assume is this friday, and you'll get a kart for the GP almost immediately as the first reward of the grand prix tour) and then just finish the race (Pick the daily course as well to knock out some of the daily challenges in the process.)

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm wondering why I got the champion decal for Back in Time when I received the car and winter fest decal after my first GP.

Was expecting to get the Nina one along with the Rustland as the 3 month wait is up just like it was for the items in the pitstop but no luck.

What were the other rewards for the other GPs and how would they be given out? I'm only assuming it's possible because I got Back in Time.

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So I'm wondering why I got the champion decal for Back in Time when I received the car and winter fest decal after my first GP.

Was expecting to get the Nina one along with the Rustland as the 3 month wait is up just like it was for the items in the pitstop but no luck.

What were the other rewards for the other GPs and how would they be given out? I'm only assuming it's possible because I got Back in Time.

There was an error with the Back in Time GP where they gave everyone the Back in Time decal when they initially gave out the Champion Kart. They kept it so everyone got that decal and then made a new Champion Kart decal for the Back in Time GP.

The other Decals have not been attainable since. But they may be put up in the store alongside the Champion Kart which is due to be purchasable in the store after all the GPs finish (Which would be after the next and final GP).

Oct 27, 2017
There was an error with the Back in Time GP where they gave everyone the Back in Time decal when they initially gave out the Champion Kart. They kept it so everyone got that decal and then made a new Champion Kart decal for the Back in Time GP.

The other Decals have not been attainable since. But they may be put up in the store alongside the Champion Kart which is due to be purchasable in the store after all the GPs finish (Which would be after the next and final GP).
Oh neat. Thanks for the answer.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Have a try at the Ring Rally mode for the course. The Sewer Speedway Ring Rally leads you to the optimal line for the shortcut for that course. Which if you can hit should certainly help knock your time down by a significant margin. If you struggle to take the shortcut in the race, just save a turbo boost or a mask and use that to make the jump for it.

Although if you are getting that close already I think it should take a few more attempts as is with general better gameplay you are gradually getting, as well as maybe a bit of good luck with the items helping shave off those last few seconds.

Grand Prix actually fairly simple to advance offline, but it's more of a "Login daily" style one. You can certainly max out the gauge with as little as one race a day from the quick challenges. Check the store, Customise a character that can give a good amount of bonuses (You should be able to get enough coins to purchase one of the character bundles before the start of the next GP which we assume is this friday, and you'll get a kart for the GP almost immediately as the first reward of the grand prix tour) and then just finish the race (Pick the daily course as well to knock out some of the daily challenges in the process.)

Just a quick update, I ended up putting the disc back in and giving it another go. Screwed up the first race but the second one dropped three seconds off my best time and mostly cruised to victory. Didn't even need the shortcut; I might have to put in some practice later to figure that one out, as I have the feeling it'll be needed later.

I think my issue with the game now is that I spend so much time looking at either the boost bar or the exhaust smoke from my kart that I'm almost not even looking at the track, which is really weird to me. But it does seem to be working; I dispatched Ripper Roo first try and did pretty good in the next two tracks, though one of them I kept losing because of item spam (I keep trying to treat the games mostly like racing games and I really need to remember how to deal with and use weapons more).

Thanks for the tips!

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just a quick update, I ended up putting the disc back in and giving it another go. Screwed up the first race but the second one dropped three seconds off my best time and mostly cruised to victory. Didn't even need the shortcut; I might have to put in some practice later to figure that one out, as I have the feeling it'll be needed later.

I think my issue with the game now is that I spend so much time looking at either the boost bar or the exhaust smoke from my kart that I'm almost not even looking at the track, which is really weird to me. But it does seem to be working; I dispatched Ripper Roo first try and did pretty good in the next two tracks, though one of them I kept losing because of item spam (I keep trying to treat the games mostly like racing games and I really need to remember how to deal with and use weapons more).

Thanks for the tips!

No problem. Eventually you'll have the timing of hitting the exhaust down to muscle memory so you won't even need to worry about following the boost bar or exhaust smoke. And don't be afraid to dive into Ring Rally to learn the course layout and shortcuts it has, it should also get you familiar with some of the faster speeds you can go at when you master the boost system as well. Plus the mode pays out a good amount of coins as well, so it's always good. You'll probably want to try it for Papu's Pyramid as that's probably the trickiest course coming up for awhile.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.

Papu's Challenge is really fucking hard. The stupid beakers are right where all my powerslides go. I think that might be it for me and this game. This is the hardest racing game I've ever played, and I've played fuckin' Dirt Rally and iRacing. Cheers to all of you that managed to beat this game, but I am a broken man.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Sigh.

Papu's Challenge is really fucking hard. The stupid beakers are right where all my powerslides go. I think that might be it for me and this game. This is the hardest racing game I've ever played, and I've played fuckin' Dirt Rally and iRacing. Cheers to all of you that managed to beat this game, but I am a broken man.
He doesn;t take the two shortcuts. If you take them both on the first lap then you won;t see him again for the entire race.

Also you can bump the difficulty down to easy. Sure it's a hit to your pride, but that's better than having the entire purchase be a waste.