• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

chrominance

Sky Van Gogh
Oct 25, 2017
He doesn;t take the two shortcuts. If you take them both on the first lap then you won;t see him again for the entire race.

Also you can bump the difficulty down to easy. Sure it's a hit to your pride, but that's better than having the entire purchase be a waste.

I know of three shortcuts but I can't do any of them reliably. The first one after the Piranha plants I've never been able to make the jump for. The second one is okay but I think I need to have boost to get there, and I can't do that with all the beakers. The third one is real dodgy in general, though I've made it once or twice in time trials.

I was going to drop the difficulty but it turns out you can't without starting an entirely new save. I might do that later but right now the idea of losing the progress I've made hurts.

Oct 27, 2017
I know of three shortcuts but I can't do any of them reliably. The first one after the Piranha plants I've never been able to make the jump for. The second one is okay but I think I need to have boost to get there, and I can't do that with all the beakers. The third one is real dodgy in general, though I've made it once or twice in time trials.

I was going to drop the difficulty but it turns out you can't without starting an entirely new save. I might do that later but right now the idea of losing the progress I've made hurts.
You will get it, trust me. Once you develop the muscle memory to reliably make certain shortcuts, the game will be a breeze against medium AI.

If you search my post history here, you'll see me complaining about the N. Tropy time trials and how I'll never attempt them enough to get good enough to beat them. Fast forward to several split-screen races and watching vids with my sons and WANTING to get more out of the game, I decided to give them a go. Was horribly humbled by some but after managing others, I kept at it and at it and at it and got them all (just the CTR tracks) to unlock N. Tropy.

Now I'm in the same boat with the Oxide time trials lol. But I'm less willing to attempt those but still have a super love for the game. Seriously, get out of Adventure Mode for a bit and just race. Those boss battles suck some fun out when they interrupt your lines but when you get a better hang of the mechanics, you'll get it no problem.

Edit: home sick waiting for the blog/trailer drop lol. Typical time frame? 12 EST?

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
You will get it, trust me. Once you develop the muscle memory to reliably make certain shortcuts, the game will be a breeze against medium AI.

If you search my post history here, you'll see me complaining about the N. Tropy time trials and how I'll never attempt them enough to get good enough to beat them. Fast forward to several split-screen races and watching vids with my sons and WANTING to get more out of the game, I decided to give them a go. Was horribly humbled by some but after managing others, I kept at it and at it and at it and got them all (just the CTR tracks) to unlock N. Tropy.

Now I'm in the same boat with the Oxide time trials lol. But I'm less willing to attempt those but still have a super love for the game. Seriously, get out of Adventure Mode for a bit and just race. Those boss battles suck some fun out when they interrupt your lines but when you get a better hang of the mechanics, you'll get it no problem.

Edit: home sick waiting for the blog/trailer drop lol. Typical time frame? 12 EST?

It's been around 4pm British Standard Time for the last few, so expect something in about 1 and a half hours.

Oct 27, 2017
It's been around 4pm British Standard Time for the last few, so expect something in about 1 and a half hours.
Sweet, so between 11:00 and noon my time.

Something my son and I were discussing: We wonder what the title screen becomes after the final GP. Back to the original? A random themed one after every boot up? Something new that showcases all the game has to offer with flare from each GP and the base game?

My personal wish is a random character from the roster popping up every now and then.

Last edited:

KillstealWolf

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Activision Blog Post: https://blog.activision.com/crash-b...es-his-final-swing-in-the-Gasmoxia-Grand-Prix

Roadmap:
AGB_CTR_GP8_Roadmap.jpg

So the new track is experiencing a fast food war between Nuclear Pizza and Toxic Burger and will be one of the tightest most technical courses in the entire game. Emperor Velo XXVII makes his debut, alongside the Velo Chopper vehicle as well.

Time Trials are getting new Velo Times to take on, apparantly these aren't the Beenox Staff Ghosts times. They will release in March after this GP ends. Those sound quite scary. There's also going to be 2 Champion Decals added into the game in addition to the GP reward one, one for beating all Oxide Ghosts, and one for beating Velo Ghosts.

Koala Kong, N Brio, Spyro, King Chicken and the Nitro Crew are all getting spacey skins with this GP. There seems to be a Space Pirates theme with the Nitro Crew in particular (And Velo has a Space Pirate costume as the final reward on the Nitro Gauge)

Final edit: Playthrough of the track:

Last edited:

Alastor3

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game is going on sale today on PSN, i played a bit when the game came out at a friend's house but couldn't figure the boost mecanic, is there a tutorial in the game or i just have to get good?

Yoss

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
I'm really looking forward to the new track, from the description I'm going to like it a lot. Seems like there's 2 bonus decals for all you permanent blue fire people if you can beat Oxide's times and the new Velo times. Should give some people a bit more to do this time.

Oct 27, 2017
I personally feel the "end with a bang" doesn't quite hold up with what we're getting as it seems equivalent to any other GP. A story mode for CNK would have been up there. Otherwise I'm not sure what I was expecting.

The game is going on sale today on PSN, i played a bit when the game came out at a friend's house but couldn't figure the boost mecanic, is there a tutorial in the game or i just have to get good?
It'll come to you with practice. I won't beat Oxide, Velo or dev times but N. Tropy proved doable with my limited grasp on the mechanics. And even if that wasn't doable for you, the game is still winnable if you're only in it for adventure mode. I've had the luck of practicing thanks to family game nights being every night with this game. I imagine it'd be a bit discouraging playing solely online and questioning why one can't keep up (I still do this haha).

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
That would suck for those who've done it. They wouldn't do that I hope... Any other instance of retro-acrively awarding something or not in the past?

Time trials are a bit of a hassle in that regard. Even if you beat Tropy with a time faster than Oxide's, it doesn't count unless you're specifically racing Oxide's ghost, which must be unlocked by beating N Tropy. So each race must be completed a bare minimum of 3 times to beat Oxide's ghosts, and that's just like... time consuming.

I guess I'm worried that anything pertaining to time trials is going to be at least a bit of a hassle.

Oct 27, 2017
Time trials are a bit of a hassle in that regard. Even if you beat Tropy with a time faster than Oxide's, it doesn't count unless you're specifically racing Oxide's ghost, which must be unlocked by beating N Tropy. So each race must be completed a bare minimum of 3 times to beat Oxide's ghosts, and that's just like... time consuming.

I guess I'm worried that anything pertaining to time trials is going to be at least a bit of a hassle.
Yeah. I was finding that out with some of the Tropy times. Was like "...but...?".

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Yeah, Velo's times don't look too bad for most tracks. I'll get to him in short order. Thinking about the dev times is going to keep me up at night, though.

And my lord, the new track is designed to make me not pick Speed for once. That wiggly s-turn at the beginning is frustration incarnate. It's a pretty fun track, just one where I feel like it was distinctly designed for something like Drift.

Oct 27, 2017
I love the new music track. Is it based on anything? A remix of Oxide station or something? Love it no matter. Mostly because it oddly reminds me of Horse the Band, a fav group of mine.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Yesterday I abstained myself of playing to finish this big drawing! ... I normally don't do group drawings like this, but I thought the occasion was asking for! --Here's all the characters not yet playable in Nitro-Fueled!

Crash 1:
- Tribesman
- Warthog
- Lab Assistant

Crash 99X:
- Mr. Crumb

Crash 3:
- Baby N. Cortex
- Baby N. Tropy

Bash:
- Bearminator

Twinsanity:
- Ant Drone
- Victor & Moritz (The Evil Twins)
- Farmer Ernest
- Rusty Walrus
- Madame Amberly
- Evil Crash
- Evil Coco

Tag Team Racing:
- Willie Wumpa Cheeks
- Park Drone

Boom Bang:
- Viscount Devil

CTR 2010 (canceled game)
- Land Shark

granted, I know not everyone got a chance.. and I'm aware of the datamined characters for next month Sponge posted! (Lab Assistant alongside the baby doctors!) Still, the waiting line is what I pictured above! Hopefuly this is also of help of speculating future inclusions, was quite fun to make them interact in that context =)

Oct 27, 2017
CyberWolfJV, that is awesome! Can't wait to show my son who loves drawing the characters and only knows some of these from datamine and character wish videos.

He's currently on a Nuclear Pizza mascot kick haha.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
CyberWolfJV, that is awesome! Can't wait to show my son who loves drawing the characters and only knows some of these from datamine and character wish videos.

He's currently on a Nuclear Pizza mascot kick haha.
Thank you so much! Glad you liked (and hopefully your son likes as well!) I have a lot of fun drawing Crash characters since they're so wacky and crazy and that one the aspects I love the most about the series =)

from those I'm hoping Willie finally get his chance and I'm rather curious how Beenox would make Viscount in the game!

UshiromiyaEva

Aug 22, 2018
I managed to beat all the Velo ghosts. I'm not as good as other players in this thread for sure but certain courses definitely pushed me to my upper limits of skill.

On CTR courses he feels his easiest, he shanks certain courses and doesn't hug corners well, on stages like Polar Pass he'll even hit the wall to lose flame. Crash Cove felt like the tightest and most demanding one, but I know other people were struggling really hard on Cortex Castle and Sewer Speedway.

Where Oxide felt like he was easy on CNK courses with the sole exception of Tiny Temple it feels like Velo is consistently tougher on CNK courses and stages like Deep Sea Driving and Out of Time took me dozens of retries. Out of Time is easily the single most difficult one for me, he's absolutely relentless and the speed and intensity of the turns in lap 2 and 3 had me hitting the walls dozens of times.

Most of the DLC courses are really tough too. Gingerbread Joyride and Nina's Nightmare are absolute tests of patience and precision. Velo plays really rough on Drive-Thru Danger though, falling off the course a ways in. It's going to be really intimidating when the dev times update comes and there's less of these mistakes, because there's definitely spots where it feels like they held back to give a fighting chance here.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
The fact that it has the logo on the side means I couldn't care less personally

I think that might just be a decal. Nope it's a special kart. Maybe the wheels can be used separately though, like with the retro karts.

But hey, if there are any like-minded Xfinity customers who aren't interest this kart, the completionist bones in my body would worship you as savior. No need! Got taken care of by a generous redditor.

Last edited:

jdh96

One Winged Slayer
Jan 25, 2020
I think that might just be a decal. Nope it's a special kart. Maybe the wheels can be used separately though, like with the retro karts.

But hey, if there are any like-minded Xfinity customers who aren't interest this kart, the completionist bones in my body would worship you as savior.
Me too! Though i wish they wouldn't have done it like this in the first place :/

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields

But hey, if there are any like-minded Xfinity customers who aren't interest this kart, the completionist bones in my body would worship you as savior.
Wheels aren't available separate. No reason to use the kart unless you like it exactly as is.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Wheels aren't available separate. No reason to use the kart unless you like it exactly as is.

Damn, the way they word it is pretty deceptive.

3. What is included in the Xfinity Flash Kart offer?

After you've received and successfully redeemed your code from Xfinity, you will receive one (1) Xfinity Flash Kart in-game kart, which includes:
  • One (1) Xfinity branded kart set which includes a racecar design and Legendary Wheels

Hardly counts as legendary if they're glued to one kart.

I'll never understand why they've placed all these limitations on special karts, especially when it's been proven that you can recolor them just fine through glitches (in the past).

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, some US friends have set me up with the previous Sour Patch kart and now they managed to get me this Xfinity one as well so I have to thank them, I'll probably be one of the few that will be able to drive around with it in my regular EU Switch lobbies. But man, what is Activision smoking with these US-only promotional karts, and a Xfinity one with a 3 week entry time as well, actually ridiculous. This is leaving such a bad stain on a otherwise really nice game.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
is there a list anywhere with the velo times? I havent had the game installed since the summer, I wanna see how much harder velos times are if at all. Also theres going to be dev time trials coming soon as well?

Also whats the velo award, just that decal? No special kart or character?

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
is there a list anywhere with the velo times? I havent had the game installed since the summer, I wanna see how much harder velos times are if at all. Also theres going to be dev time trials coming soon as well?

Depends on the track. Typically, if Oxide's time was easy (most of the NK tracks), Velo's time will be considerably more difficult. If Oxide's time was hard, Velo's time won't be much harder.

And yeah, just the decal. Dev times are coming after this GP ends, with their own as-of-yet unspecified reward.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019

You can find alll the different times here:

And I maybe/maybe not have a sour patch decal code here. I am not sure if it has been used:
6RRK9F-FXKP3H

MrPanic

Oct 25, 2017
And I maybe/maybe not have a sour patch decal code here. I am not sure if it has been used:
6RRK9F-FXKP3H
Grabbed the code and it worked, thanks. The Minty Green paint job was actually the last thing I was missing from the set so that's greatly appreciated. I'm probably one of the few EU-ers that got access to all the US exclusive nonsense, lol. What a hassle.

Rapmus

Nov 17, 2019
You're welcome. I'm an EU'er too but got lucky that a friend was visiting US. But actually there is a new xfinfty promo, which also is exclusive to (some part of) the US. If anybody is willing to share the code with me, I would appreciate it very much. I have heard the code works twice, so it is worth a shot even though you already have redeemed your own kart.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Grabbed the code and it worked, thanks. The Minty Green paint job was actually the last thing I was missing from the set so that's greatly appreciated. I'm probably one of the few EU-ers that got access to all the US exclusive nonsense, lol. What a hassle.

Aye, it's a pain enough even as a US player. Still, I've managed a complete collection thus far. Got the Oxide Edition stuff, the PS4 retro stuff, the firehawk, the complete cove cruiser, the xfinity flash kart, all the GP champion kart decals thus far (working on Velo's when I get time), and the complete contents of the pit stop to date (minus anything pertaining to Zem).

Barring any even-more-restrictive promotions, the only thing that worries me now is the difficulty of the developer times.

selfReg

Oct 26, 2017
I just baited myself. I tried using my Comcast email to redeem the code, but then I remembered we've been on AT&T for like 3 years lol. Luckily my sister is willing to hook it up.

Smash-It Stan

Oct 25, 2017
Aye, it's a pain enough even as a US player. Still, I've managed a complete collection thus far. Got the Oxide Edition stuff, the PS4 retro stuff, the firehawk, the complete cove cruiser, the xfinity flash kart, all the GP champion kart decals thus far (working on Velo's when I get time), and the complete contents of the pit stop to date (minus anything pertaining to Zem).

Barring any even-more-restrictive promotions, the only thing that worries me now is the difficulty of the developer times.
I'll attempt the developer times but I really hope the rewards worth it. I love my white ntropy, so i hope it's a trophy (or a dlc set of trophies for the non day 1 tracks) or a cool kart of some kind.

Also hope they finally add in beating multiple ghosts at once, really not bragging here but the oxide times in cnk tracks were hilariously slow so having to do them all twice was tedious.

Oct 27, 2017
The Drive-Thru Danger music might be my favorite song in a Crash game ever. Holy shit.

Very much agree. It caught my ear with the trailer/raw track footage.

Kids have even been requesting no voice/sound fx races.

To me, with the exception of the xylophone and horns, it has this odd Horse the Band sound to it that gets me. Makes the fact that Horse haven't released anything in over 10 years sting a little more.

Example of HtB:

Oct 27, 2017
Btw CyberWolfJV
Showed my son your art and he said "That's awesome! They're really good!" lol.

Since my son has been on a Drive-Thru danger mascot drawing kick, I gave him a drawing challenge. A scene at the two diners featuring characters dining. He took my Geary as a server idea and added it in haha. He admittedly rushed the coloring but I love it. I think he forgot that the challenge was to have his favorite characters and cars which I also forgot about lol.

20200223_141015bijam.jpg

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
Btw CyberWolfJV
Showed my son your art and he said "That's awesome! They're really good!" lol.

Since my son has been on a Drive-Thru danger mascot drawing kick, I gave him a drawing challenge. A scene at the two diners featuring characters dining. He took my Geary as a server idea and added it in haha. He admittedly rushed the coloring but I love it. I think he forgot that the challenge was to have his favorite characters and cars which I also forgot about lol.

20200223_141015bijam.jpg
Haha, that's great! Really fun stuff! ..Loved how accurate he got both brands, he must pay a lot of attention to the track details (as much as nerds like me do :p)

And I'm also glad he liked my little effort ^-^

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Wasted Velo's times today. Taught me a fourth (maybe fifth) cut on Drive-Thru Danger, and man it's a big one. I was very intimidated by his time, but it turns out he actually falls off the track on the second lap.

They definitely left room for more exacting times on most tracks, though there are a few where I can't imagine how the developer times could possibly be much better than Velo's.

CyberWolfBia

Apr 5, 2019
Brazil
I have a question for Switch players. Which controls do you use while in handheld mode? I really wish they offered more configs in the controls section.
You mean the physical controller or the configuration of buttons? because when I (rarely) play handheld, I'll just stick with my Pro Controller anyway.. unless it is low on battery... it's fine to play with the JoyCons attached to the system or even on the grip, but it's not nearly as comfortable as the Pro :p

but if you're talking about button configuration, I never change the default options in any circumstance.. it's just how my muscle memory remembers from CTR and CNK

Dbltap

Oct 31, 2017
Woodinville, WA
You mean the physical controller or the configuration of buttons? because when I (rarely) play handheld, I'll just stick with my Pro Controller anyway.. unless it is low on battery... it's fine to play with the JoyCons attached to the system or even on the grip, but it's not nearly as comfortable as the Pro :p

but if you're talking about button configuration, I never change the default options in any circumstance.. it's just how my muscle memory remembers from CTR and CNK
I meant the configuration of the buttons. I can only play in handheld mode because of my disability.

It feels difficult to to use in straight handheld mode. I wonder if I should get some kind of grip for my switch since that is the only way I can play.