• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017

Today, Nitros Oxide/Oxide Station racing track has been all finally revealed after months of silence of what they could look and sound like (initially via Sony's PlayStation at 12PM), in the usual two weeks of character reveals and one week off (One character every Friday for two weeks and one week off) kind of social media routine, I think its safe to say that we could be getting new characters added to the game since it's only three months away from release, not just new tracks, karts and skins.

On top of this, Sony Interactive Entertainment revealed in a blog post at PlayStation Blog that the game will be playable at PAX East at the PlayStation Booth with a competition to race against 7 other players for a trophy prize. This also means that we will be getting brand new gameplay involving more than two players at one screen and more next week.

Crash Bandicoot races to PS4 in Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled! Race against seven other players for a chance to win exclusive prizes and the right to stand on the winner's podium for your selfie with the ultimate Crash trophy. This is sure to be super popular, so it, too, will involve the PlayStation App to reserve your space.

This all sounds quite exciting, who do you think the next character will be in the line up of reveals?
Also, can we keep it civil in here? That would be highly appreciated.

(Megathread for those who want to keep up with all the other updates of the game)

Last edited:

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
Somehow I'm not feeling this game as much anymore. It doesn't inspire the same kind of confidence as I once had during the reveal. I hope it turns out good

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow Oxide looks great!

Im wondering who else they could add that wasn't in the original game? Tawna or N. Brio?

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
I tried hacking Oxide as a kid and the game kept freezing. This makes me so happy. But he's gonna be banned online right?

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with their marketing schedule, but they have 13 weeks before release and 6 characters that haven't been shown from the original CTR. So if they take off 1 week after each 2, then that would only leave room for like 2 or 3 all new characters right?

OP
OP
Motwera

Motwera

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't been keeping up with their marketing schedule, but they have 13 weeks before release and 6 characters that haven't been shown from the original CTR. So if they take off 1 week after each 2, then that would only leave room for like 2 or 3 all new characters right?
One character every Friday for two weeks and one week off afterwards. That's what the cycle seems to be for the characters.
They have been also more random with the screenshot and concept art reveal times

Also, contrary to what some people are saying here, I think the more recent reveals have been inspiring more confidence in how they're handling some of the music and track/character designs and I'm honestly happy with how Beenox is handling things so far.

Last edited:

Gartooth

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Two characters for every Friday for two weeks and one week off afterwards. That's what the cycle seems to be for the characters.
They have been also more random with the screenshot and concept art reveal times

Also, contrary to what some people are saying here, I think the more recent reveals have been inspiring more confidence in how they're handling some of the music and track/character designs and I'm honestly happy with how Beenox is handling things so far.

Aaah, yeah there should be more reveals then if it is 2 characters per Friday.

Also I'm feeling good about seeing the updates so far. Oxide's design here is way better than how I felt about it in the original game.