• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
First: In the in-game message board for CTR, there's an announcement that the Spyro Grand Prix will start in 2 days, on Friday, likely same timings as the current one. Some of the content has leaked as well:

Tomorrow we'll get the full trailer with the karts and a good look at the track!

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stage looks very... Shreky. Looks like they are gonna take you through both a blue sky area and ice, which is cool, though I thought they would have him going up in the clouds for some reason. I like it a lot, kids will dig it!

Karts look ok though.

If you want to see the clip full screen, it's a banner on this page:

Last edited:

Armoredgoomba

Jun 17, 2018
After the last event I was sure there was nothing else they could do that would get me to come back.

I was wrong.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Glad I got fake baby T but yea it's too much to play every day for like 3 weeks.

Def gonna get all the spyro content.
Last weekend they added a way to buy the remaining items in the gauge with coins, just make sure you have like a couple saved and you should be good.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I know it's silly to complain about free content (quite stupid tbh), but I do hope they let these rest for a couple of months at least after the Spyro one. I love CTR, but playing so much of it in such a short time can be exhausting too.

clockstrikes

Oct 27, 2017
Really wish there were a bigger gap between GPs so we'd have more time to rest and clear out the pit stop.

FFWarrior005

Alt account
Banned
Jul 13, 2019
Gotten everything from the first two Grand Prix's and very excited to get Spyro in the game finally. Bring it on.

ZeoVGM

Oct 25, 2017
Providence, RI
As great as this is, I have a few negative comments.

- They need to have a bit more of a break between grand prix events. More than one week at least. Let it rest a little.

- At the very least, they need to completely kill bonus nitro for using specific items. What's the point in being able to customize your character if the game pushes you to use specific cosmetics for 3-4 week periods, with one week between events?

- So many of the daily/weekly challenges are bad. It isn't fun to just battle mode with bad AI characters or a second controller that just sits there unplayed every single day.

- More coins need to be given out by just playing the game.

OP
OP
Lant_War

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It seems like just like how in MK8 the Zelda tracks the coins are rupees, here Item Boxes will be Treasure Chests and coins look like gems:

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
new track looks great, while i do believe they should be spacing these GPs out i can't wait to try the new content out

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Is the new content permanent? Dont have the game yer but i love spyro

Patison

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't jumped into this game yet but everything I've seen so far looks really fun! Do all the tracks and characters that were added post-launch accessible or are they time-limited?

Papertoonz

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I haven't jumped into this game yet but everything I've seen so far looks really fun! Do all the tracks and characters that were added post-launch accessible or are they time-limited?
all the tracks are still there so you don't have to worry about that, as for the characters and all the other things they have added they are on a rotation system so while they much not be in the pit stop right away they should show up again at a later point in time

Rlan

Oct 27, 2017
Wellington, New Zealand
The stuff that was Grand Prix specific have gone back into the store after a while (I was able to get Princess Coco after the first GP), but I imagine specific characters and costumes are exclusive to the GP - So you might not be able to purchase Tawna or Baby T at a later date, or at least not their end-of-GP costume.

Banzai

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Cool. Didnt play much during the back in time gp, but might check back in for this one.

Nekyrrev

Oct 28, 2017
As usual this looks great, loving the free content updates. I'll dive back in the game when the update is out, spyro in CTR is kind of a childhood dream come true.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I skipped the last GP, but I'll see if I can take the time to do this one. The track looks really fun.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This might motivate me to pick this game up tbh

As someone who's been eyeing this game for a while now on the switch how easy is it to unlock the rewards from these grand prix events? Also does the game still penalize you for playing offline? I'd really like to play this while on lunch at work but don't want to connect my switch to their wifi :/

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
This might motivate me to pick this game up tbh

As someone who's been eyeing this game for a while now on the switch how easy is it to unlock the rewards from these grand prix events? Also does the game still penalize you for playing offline? I'd really like to play this while on lunch at work but don't want to connect my switch to their wifi :/

It's just slower to get the coins offline. Online mode gives you a daily and weekend bonus.

The Grand Prix rewards, however, can be done offline. Actually, most of the challenges are doable offline. If you do all the daily challenges (and of course the weekly and the two especial categories) you'll get all the rewards before the Grand Prix is over. It's recommended you use one of the characters that have the 15%+ of Nitro, combined with the select skins, karts, paints and wheels. With all of that you can get even 50%+ of Nitro from what you'd normally get with each challenge / race.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's just slower to get the coins offline. Online mode gives you a daily and weekend bonus.

The Grand Prix rewards, however, can be done offline. Actually, most of the challenges are doable offline. If you do all the daily challenges (and of course the weekly and the two especial categories) you'll get all the rewards before the Grand Prix is over. It's recommended you use one of the characters that have the 15%+ of Nitro, combined with the select skins, karts, paints and wheels. With all of that you can get even 50%+ of Nitro from what you'd normally get with each challenge / race.

Thank you very much for the info! I'll grab this asap then since I loved the original and I'm definitely a sucker for spyro lol

The offline aspect was what put me off the most from some of the reviews I saw but if it's just missing out on daily rewards then that's understandable and fine for me imho

adumb

Banned
Aug 17, 2019
Looks good, but the sneaky bullshit they pulled with the gross F2P mobile-like store is fucked up. I'll trade it in towards something without MTX.

Feb 26, 2019
Tijuana
Thank you very much for the info! I'll grab this asap then since I loved the original and I'm definitely a sucker for spyro lol

The offline aspect was what put me off the most from some of the reviews I saw but if it's just missing out on daily rewards then that's understandable and fine for me imho

That was my main complaint since day one.

I still play online every now and then, but it's really discouraging when you're not a pro. Most of the times, I cannot even finish the race, because the more expert players finish like a minute before everyone else. It depends of course of how good the players on your lobby are, but usually there's 3-4 really good players. And the amount of coins you get depends of the position you end up, and the track (easier tracks give you less coins than the most difficult/longer tracks).

There's also the fact that, at least for me, it takes forever to start an online race, between the server issues and people leaving the lobbies right when the races are about to start. I don't have a lot of time to play daily, so that really makes me thinks twice before going online.

The GP challenges though, only have a few ones that require online play, but you're ok if you don't do those (like finishing at #1 online with a certain character or kart, etc). Others are pretty doable, like hitting an online player with an item, independently of what position you finish at. Most of them require you to finish a certain track (which can be offline) with a certain character, doing some tricks, grabbing a required amount of crystals (battle mode) finishing a track under a certain time, etc.

Depending of how much you play, whether online or offline, you can get a considerable amount of coins to buy a couple of skins per week. Some people in here say they have no trouble, I'm more on the side that struggles to get the coins. In the worst case scenario, you can buy them with real money, but I don't think it's necessary if you're a casual player (or a super hardcore that plays all day).

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That was my main complaint since day one.

I still play online every now and then, but it's really discouraging when you're not a pro. Most of the times, I cannot even finish the race, because the more expert players finish like a minute before everyone else. It depends of course of how good the players on your lobby are, but usually there's 3-4 really good players. And the amount of coins you get depends of the position you end up, and the track (easier tracks give you less coins than the most difficult/longer tracks).

There's also the fact that, at least for me, it takes forever to start an online race, between the server issues and people leaving the lobbies right when the races are about to start. I don't have a lot of time to play daily, so that really makes me thinks twice before going online.

The GP challenges though, only have a few ones that require online play, but you're ok if you don't do those (like finishing at #1 online with a certain character or kart, etc). Others are pretty doable, like hitting an online player with an item, independently of what position you finish at. Most of them require you to finish a certain track (which can be offline) with a certain character, doing some tricks, grabbing a required amount of crystals (battle mode) finishing a track under a certain time, etc.

Depending of how much you play, whether online or offline, you can get a considerable amount of coins to buy a couple of skins per week. Some people in here say they have no trouble, I'm more on the side that struggles to get the coins. In the worst case scenario, you can buy them with real money, but I don't think it's necessary if you're a casual player (or a super hardcore that plays all day).

Thanks for the very depth explanation of the online mechanics. I'll try it out and see. I don't think I'm too worried about the skins in this game. As long as the tracks and characters are easy to get I think I'll be okay in this instance. Still good to be mindful of the monetization on a game so again thank you very much I appreciate your help greatly

CreeperBlocks

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm glad they put the characters you want in the bronze tier part of their battle pass thing. I can't wait to play spyro. I bet he has the same stats as Crash lol