• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Last edited:

Alexious

Executive Editor for Games at Wccftech
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty sure he's breaking everything in the NDA.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
I'm really excited to see gameplay when it officially gets revealed. Massive Crash (and Spyro) fan. Can't wait! :D

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
That's a very Spyro like music. As for the game, still not sure if this is what Crash needs right now.

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Idk what im watching here. Graphics look good but i dont think im gonna play this.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Since when is the Hammer of Dawn part of the Crash Bandicoot universe?

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
This looks pretty terrible. Will this game also have a platformer single player or just those arena fights?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
SMITE was fun enough, hopefully this can be too as long as there are compelling mechanics.

Im not actually sure if Crash 4 did well. I dont think Activision ever talked about its sales.

I don't think there was any way to win with Crash 4. I always thought it was apparent that N Sane Trilogy mainly sold well because of nostalgia. Once the core audience had N Sane Trilogy there was no huge demand for Crash 4 outside of die hard platforming fans and kids.

If they want Crash to become a Mario for them, a character that commands sales simply for existing, I'd almost say they have to be doing stuff like this. Get the cheaper games out there while working on the bigger entries, keep the character in the conversation.

demu

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
It's not though. Crash Bash is a dreadfully mediocre game held up by childhood nostalgia. Most of the game just isn't good.
I'm sorry, but Ballistix alone is better than anything you like. 🤷

Oct 25, 2017
Angie

You should add context that this is a clip that has broken the embargo and is simply titled "Win Screen", which implies it's B-roll meant to be spliced with actual gameplay instead of this random snippet, which is confusing on its own. It's a poor first impression without any context.

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing in that clip did anything for me. Just getting major Crash Bash vibes.
Crash Bash was an assortment of bland mini games that leveraged none of the original trilogy's unique aspects and instead subjected you to playing pong, pogo sticks and stuffing you in a slow moving tank, while managing to drain the life out of every character in the process. Crate Crush was the most fun, and likely because it did retain some aspect of what makes Crash, Crash.

Even in this random snippet, you can at least see an effort to translate Crash as a platformer with collectables into a multiplayer game with unique abilities tailored to their single-player counterparts. It's worlds apart from Crash Bash to me already. I'd say it's worth waiting for more context before we compare it to cash grab Crash Bash.
As soon as a single entry does well they pivot straight to nonsense MP crap. Not interested at all.
Crash Bandicoot has a long history in multiplayer-only titles, even in the PSX era. Them attempting another is nothing new for the franchise. By virtue of this being a multiplayer game with actual platforming and collectathon elements, it may actually the most faithful translation of the IP into a multiplayer space yet

OP
OP
Angie

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Angie

You should add context that this is a clip that has broken the embargo and is simply titled "Win Screen", which implies it's B-roll meant to be spliced with actual gameplay instead of this random snippet, which is confusing on its own. It's a poor first impression without any context.
Can I use your comment on the OP?
I asked also a mod to add leaked gameplay to the title

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
From what I can tell, the graphics look decent.

But is the Crash property/stable of characters deep enough for something like this to be engaging for a long period of time? This is assuming that they are running it as a GAAS.

craven68

Jun 20, 2018
The game feel like it's on slow motion, it should be way faster to look more fun.
I think it can be popular when looking at it even if i will not play this hahaha

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
From what I can tell, the graphics look decent.

But is the Crash property/stable of characters deep enough for something like this to be engaging for a long period of time? This is assuming that they are running it as a GAAS.
Character wise, absolutely, especially if they pull from Spyro like they did in CTR. That game had 56 characters by the end, with about 30 of those being post launch, and the game honestly pulled from so many parts of the franchise that Ripto, a Spyro character, was probably one of if not the most glaring omission from the roster.

Oct 30, 2017
Your Imagination
Character wise, absolutely, especially if they pull from Spyro like they did in CTR. That game had 56 characters by the end, with about 30 of those being post launch, and the game honestly pulled from so many parts of the franchise that Ripto, a Spyro character, was probably one of if not the most glaring omission from the roster.
Interesting - I have CTR but never even played it outside of the old PS1 release; I should really jump on that.

Kazooie

Jul 17, 2019
Crash Bandicoot has a long history in multiplayer-only titles, even in the PSX era. Them attempting another is nothing new for the franchise. By virtue of this being a multiplayer game with actual platforming and collectathon elements, it may actually the most faithful translation of the IP into a multiplayer space yet
A long history of multiplayer only games? I actually do not remember a single one. All mainline titles are obviously playable in singleplayer, so are all the Crash racing games, Crash Boom Bang and Crash Bash. What multiplayer-only game even exists so far?