• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Okabe

Is Sometimes A Good Bean
Aug 24, 2018
People will be Crawling to theaters just to watch this.

Jon Carter

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised to see on RT that Haute Tension had such a low score and went WTF at the consensus:
There is indeed a good amount of tension in this French slasher, but the dubbing is bad and the end twist unbelievable.

Who the fuck watches a French movie dubbed? The U.S. isn't known for quality live-action dubs, you can't knock a foreign film for one country's lack of dubbing expertise. Watch it in French and problem solved.

HadesHotgun

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking as a Floridian the trailer stuck me as a wholy authentic representation of my home state.

But it still needed fire ants, mosquitoes, boa constrictors, palmetto bugs, Coral snakes, yellow flies, sink holes, and klansmen.

Cpt-GargameL

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got back from seeing it.

I am surprised that I liked this a lot lol

RT score justified.

As a Floridian I approve.

jb1234

Very low key
Oct 25, 2017
I'm afraid of gators and so my friend sent me the trailer. Can't lie, kinda want to see it.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly thought it looked good based off the trailer lol. I'm gonna watch it now.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've been looking forward to this movie, even though I know alligators are really not supposed to be very aggressive.

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw it. It's good. Not perfect. I don't think Barry Pepper was a right fit for the dad role and I think that hurts it when it goes for heavier drama.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
It's a genuinely fun and gory romp, perfectly executed schlock. The first half is certainly the stronger half due to it being confined to one location and things get a bit over the top by the conclusion but hey, it's a killer alligator movie, you came for over the top.

Strong 6/10.

AgentOtaku

Oct 27, 2017
I was surprised to see on RT that Haute Tension had such a low score and went WTF at the consensus:

Who the fuck watches a French movie dubbed? The U.S. isn't known for quality live-action dubs, you can't knock a foreign film for one country's lack of dubbing expertise. Watch it in French and problem solved.

Lol, wtf!??

And yeah, love me some Aja, so def gonna see this

THEVOID

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Heard nothing but good things about it. For sure seeing it this weekend.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think this captured the feeling of a fear of a flood pretty well.
I'm in the Houston metro, so after watching it, I was kind of offput driving home.

Maybe it's just me more than the movie.

Sgt. Demblant

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
France
No idea this was from Aja until yesterday.
He's an interesting director. Most of the time.

It's still weird to me that he's the son of Alexandre Arcady, lol. But good on him for following his own path.

Captjohnboyd

Oct 25, 2017

If I recall correctly when it released over here (US) it was only the dubbed version, including the VHS/DVD. I know when I first saw it I could only watched dubbed and I never would have chosen that willingly

ConanEd

Alt account
Banned
Dec 27, 2018
Speaking as a Floridian the trailer stuck me as a wholy authentic representation of my home state.

But it still needed fire ants, mosquitoes, boa constrictors, palmetto bugs, Coral snakes, yellow flies, sink holes, and klansmen.

This movie probably will do better if its called "FLORIDA".

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I am legitimately surprised. I'll be more surprised if 48 Meters Down 2 is also good

Why would you be in your basement a few days before a cat 5 hurricane though

There are a number of dumb asses that feed alligators which changes their behavior in relation to human beings unfortunately.
Yeah but these are movie slasher gators. They only care for murder, not food

Nerdkiller

Resettlement Advisor
Viral marketing?

M2HJ0zk.png

RumbleHumble

Oct 27, 2017
Oh hell yes. Loved Piranha and this looks like it's channeling some more of that nonsense in a slightly classier fashion.

The Argus

Oct 28, 2017
Aja is an incredible horror director. The Hills Have Eyes still haunts me, and Piranha 3D was too good for what it should have been. Will definitely check this out.

Conal

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Me and my ex used to love watching low budget films where the female protagonist goes berserk at the end. Stuff like The Decent, Black Rock, You're Next, Don't Breathe etc.

Hopefully this scratches that itch.

steejee

Oct 28, 2017
Thought this was going to be some sort of stealth sequel to Hurricane Heist, which was a rare modern so-bad-it's-good big budget movie. Cool to see it's actually good.