• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
Job ads for the new project appeared on the studio's careers page yesterday. They don't reveal much but we can glean a few things about the new IP from the positions Creative Assembly are hiring for - a senior meta game designer, lead systems designer, and a lead technical artist.

Creative Assembly want the meta game designer to create the framework for the game "economy, progression and retention methods, leaderboards, challenges, world building and events." Strongly suggesting the project is a service game with multiplayer.

The job description for the systems designer refers to "weapons, movement, abilities, gadgets, health and other underlying gameplay systems." Which aren't exactly unique to a particular genre, but to my mind abilities lend themselves to games that are more RPG-based in nature.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/creative-assembly-new-ip-hiring

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I guess they might be done working on MS published games too?

Can't wait to see what this is, good to see they're expanding.

ashtaar

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm they make RTS games and that one alien game, if I were to hard a guess im thinking shared world action RPG, think the Witcher or kingdom of amular but with player controlled gangs
this is based off nothing

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
A new Alien Isolation would be amazing. Though i doubt it, as that game didn't seem to sell that well.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017
another Isolation would be kind of after the fact, but i wouldn't complain

i have faith in whatever it is, either way

Nephilim

Oct 28, 2017
Alien Isolation was excellent and is still one of the best looking games out there IMO.
Looking forward what this guys are making.

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully whatever they work on, it'll be a success.

I really hope 343 works with them for Halo 6 Maps tho - or at least if they decide to do any remakes like Terminal, Lockout, Turf Wars, etc.

edit: whoops lol

Last edited:

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Creative assembly has created 2 of my favorite games this generation in Alien Isolation and Halo Wars 2. I can't wait to see what they do next.

Lukas Taves

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I didn't find any reference to multiplatform/multiformat from their job listings, it likely is,but where is this quote coming from?

Edit: And it's the console team, the same that made Alien Isolation and Halo Wars 2. I hope 2 wasn't the end for HW :(

Toa Axis

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
Alien Isolation 2 please. The first game was one of the best survival horror games in recent memory, and I'd absolutely love to have a sequel (as unlikely as it is).

Strafer

The Flagpole is Wider
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Aliens Confrontation

hudsonqykz3.gif

LiquidSolid

Oct 26, 2017
I guess they might be done working on MS published games too?

Can't wait to see what this is, good to see they're expanding.
Creative Assembly are owned by Sega, another MS published game was unlikely even if Halo Wars 2 hadn't bombed.

Anyway, I worry that this will just be "Sega's Destiny" in the same way Anthem is "EA's Destiny."

Kazuhira

Oct 26, 2017
How much has AI sold anyway? it has 1.2+ million owners on steam alone.
Maybe not Isolation 2 but i need another Alien game with the same level of quality.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Hope they're not designing it from the ground up to be all about lootboxes in it's heart and soul. Just saying :^

Genetrik

Oct 27, 2017
Like many others i would kill for an alien isolation sequel but from a business perspective I just can't see that happening sadly :(

Ghost_Messiah

Oct 27, 2017
This is pretty exciting. They're an awesome developer, probably the best Sega has, so I'll follow anything that they do. Looking forward to seeing more on this.

MrBob

Oct 25, 2017
Could Total War spinoff be happening for consoles? Not sure if this qualifies for new IP.

Creative assembly has created 2 of my favorite games this generation in Alien Isolation and Halo Wars 2. I can't wait to see what they do next.
You should give one of their Total War games a shot.

That is their bread and butter so to speak.