Theme: The Schism
Word Limit: 2500Merriam-Webster said:schism
\ ˈsi-zəm , ˈski- also ˈshi-; among clergy usually ˈsi- \
Definition of schism
1: DIVISION, SEPARATION also : DISCORD, DISHARMONY a schism between political parties
2a: formal division in or separation from a church or religious body
b: the offense of promoting schism
Submission Deadline: Friday, February 22nd by 11:59 PM Pacific.
Voting begins Saturday, February 23rd, and goes until Monday, February 25th at 11:59 PM Pacific.
Optional Secondary Objective: Anonymous Challenge -- Alright, we haven't had one of these in forever, but it used to be an annual staple of the CWC threads. Remember this is *optional* and you do not have to do this if you do not want. But if you do want in, instead of posting your story in the thread, send it to me via PM. I will standardize the formatting and post the entries, and then we can see if we can guess who wrote what!
On the Sunday during the challenge period, we have a regular writing hangout in the Discord server. Pretend to work on your alleged entry with a whole group!
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
- One entry per poster.
- All submissions must be written during the time of the challenge.
- Using the topic as the title of your piece is discouraged.
- Keep to the word count!
- See this image for how to post your submission, please ask for help if you have trouble viewing.
- Three votes per voter. Please denote in your voting your 1st (3 pts), 2nd (2 pts), and 3rd (1 pt) place votes. You may add an honorable mention (HM).
- Please read all submissions before voting.
- You must vote in order to be eligible to win the challenge.
- When voting ends, the winner gets a collective pat on the back, and starts the new challenge using the thread creation Template
Previous challenges can be found in the Thread Archive
Here is our full, expanded FAQ
Thanks to C.B. For the lovely banners, Ashes for the entry finding script, and all the users who have contributed to the rules and methods of the regular contests.