• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 28, 2017
California
I wanted to finally break into the Chase trifecta, so I got approved for the Chase Freedom. Going to rotate that with the Discover base on the active category of course.

I didn't think I was going to be travelling next year, but a few things came up and I may be going to a couple places, so when the time comes, or when I need to make a major purchase, I'm going to sign up for the CSR.

If different credit card companies have the same travel partners, will I be able to redeem all my total cards points? For example, if Airline A is partnered with both Credit Card A and Credit Card B, will I be able to redeem the points for both CC A and CC B on the same flight?

Is that actually a thing or are most major airlines exclusive to one company?

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
So from what I am reading here, Chase offers a good set of cards? I dont need another CC just yet. Although I do use my Apple Card Daily for the 2% cash back for apple pay and everything else for my Capital one Quicksilver rewards. I would like to get a good cash back card and was looking into upgrading to the capital one savor card. Thoughts?

Citi Double Cash or PayPal MC. Both give a flat 2% cash back on everything.

If different credit card companies have the same travel partners, will I be able to redeem all my total cards points? For example, if Airline A is partnered with both Credit Card A and Credit Card B, will I be able to redeem the points for both CC A and CC B on the same flight?

Only if you convert the points to miles and bank them in the airline program.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
So from what I am reading here, Chase offers a good set of cards? I dont need another CC just yet. Although I do use my Apple Card Daily for the 2% cash back for apple pay and everything else for my Capital one Quicksilver rewards. I would like to get a good cash back card and was looking into upgrading to the capital one savor card. Thoughts?
the savor one without annual fees isn't that good

try the Uber Visa, basically a better version of the premium savor but without annual or foreign transaction fees.

4% back on food and 3% back on travel (airfare, hotel, car rentals, tolls, parking) without an annual fee is insane. it's my most used daily

Falcon511

Oct 27, 2017
Citi Double Cash or PayPal MC. Both give a flat 2% cash back on everything.

I have heard good things about the Citi double cash back. Will have to look into that one. I am always getting offers to join the Paypal Credit card. Will have to seriously consider.

the savor one without annual fees isn't that good

try the Uber Visa, basically a better version of the premium savor but without annual or foreign transaction fees.

4% back on food and 3% back on travel (airfare, hotel, car rentals, tolls, parking) without an annual fee is insane. it's my most used daily
Wow I didnt think the Uber Visa was that great. doesnt the premium Savor come with no foreign transaction fees? I know there is an annual fee.

Oct 25, 2017
Miami, FL
Hello good people. I need a second opinion this morning.

I have a CSR and I am looking to move on to the CSP card. This would be my first new card in 2 years. There are 2 ways to do this, insofar as I can see:

1. Call or visit my local Chase branch and have them upgrade the card.
    1. Pros: Simple process; probably would take 10 minutes and nothing else changes for me.
    2. Cons: My understanding in doing it this way is that I would not be eligible for the signup bonus (about $750 in travel points).
  2. Downgrade my CSR to something like a Freedom Unlimited card and apply for the new card.
    1. Pros: This gives me access to the $750 signup bonus. Would also be swift at the local branch. Probably 20 minutes total. Still, obviously not as simple as simply upgrading the existing card. Credit utilization would decrease further by way of adding another card with $10000+ limit, ultimately improving my credit score.
    2. Cons: Would come at the typical cost that comes with a new card: It will result in me having a slightly make my credit history younger + a fresh, hard check (presumably), dropping my FICO score by some amount (currently 809), and almost assuredly below 800 for a little while.

My question is fairly simple (I'm just having some paralysis of analysis): Which is the better option? Or, which would you go with? No-hassle upgrade and skip $750 in travel points that you would use (but retain your ...or take the slight temporary hit on the credit score?

If #2, which card would you recommend downgrading to? I currently have a Freedom card and would want to downgrade to one of their other "no annual fee" products. I was thinking Freedom Unlimited but I haven't really looked at the options very hard yet. I believe they have like 20 products but I don't know which have no annual fee or which would be eligible for downgrading to if they did.

Any insights are appreciated.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hello good people. I need a second opinion this morning.

I have a CSR and I am looking to move on to the CSP card. This would be my first new card in 2 years. There are 2 ways to do this, insofar as I can see:

1. Call or visit my local Chase branch and have them upgrade the card.
    1. Pros: Simple process; probably would take 10 minutes and nothing else changes for me.
    2. Cons: My understanding in doing it this way is that I would not be eligible for the signup bonus (about $750 in travel points).
  2. Downgrade my CSR to something like a Freedom Unlimited card and apply for the new card.
    1. Pros: This gives me access to the $750 signup bonus. Would also be swift at the local branch. Probably 20 minutes total. Still, obviously not as simple as simply upgrading the existing card. Credit utilization would decrease further by way of adding another card with $10000+ limit, ultimately improving my credit score.
    2. Cons: Would come at the typical cost that comes with a new card: It will result in me having a slightly make my credit history younger + a fresh, hard check (presumably), dropping my FICO score by some amount (currently 809), and almost assuredly below 800 for a little while.

My question is fairly simple (I'm just having some paralysis of analysis): Which is the better option? Or, which would you go with? No-hassle upgrade and skip $750 in travel points that you would use (but retain your ...or take the slight temporary hit on the credit score?

If #2, which card would you recommend downgrading to? I currently have a Freedom card and would want to downgrade to one of their other "no annual fee" products. I was thinking Freedom Unlimited but I haven't really looked at the options very hard yet. I believe they have like 20 products but I don't know which have no annual fee or which would be eligible for downgrading to if they did.

Any insights are appreciated.

Make sure you are eligible for that bonus. It is now 48 months (4 years) since last Sapphire bonus. If you haven't let that time pass, you won't get the bonus even if you sign up for a new Sapphire card.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Is the discover it card saying ill get double my rewards at the end of my year or the year? I wouldn't mind that extra cash investment but if everything ends in December it's too early.

Deleted member 21411

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Last edited:

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
Trying to apply for the uber credit card and I keep getting a strange error:

"There was a problem submitting your application. We are unable to to validate your application. Please double check your information and try again."

I've tried over five times now ensuring all of my information is correct. So I know I am not making any mistakes there.

I have a couple credit cards that go back over ten years and I use them regularly. Score is over 800. Not that any of this matter because it doesn't even seem to be getting to the point where it is checking my credit.

Not sure if anybody has been in a similar situation before but I would appreciate some guidance here. Wondering if I should try calling Barclays but since I am not an existing customer I am not sure what they could really do for me.

Edit: Well I found a link that let me apply online and now I got approved no problem.

Last edited:

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Does anyone have both the Amazon Visa and the Amazon store card?

I realize it'd be superfluous and less useful, I just see that Amazon really wants me to get the store card too. I wouldn't mind $80 bucks off an item for getting it but not sure I want to add yet another card.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have the Discover It?

The bonus offer is enticing and I can manage the rotating 5% with my other cards, but everywhere I read online is reviews about the card and how Discover screwed them over.

Syriel

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Anyone have the Discover It?

The bonus offer is enticing and I can manage the rotating 5% with my other cards, but everywhere I read online is reviews about the card and how Discover screwed them over.

I have it. Never had an issue with it. Got it for the 5% categories and use it exclusively for that.

tellNoel

Oct 26, 2017
I have it. Never had an issue with it. Got it for the 5% categories and use it exclusively for that.
They've been great to me.
Have you guys had to dispute fraudulent charges before?
Screwing them over how?
Closing accounts after credit line increases all of a sudden, charging interest during the introductory 0% APR period (I shouldn't have to worry about this since I pay in full), closing accounts because the spending was too much and they potentially didn't want to match the year end cash back, etc.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Uber card is legit. Hate I waited so long to get it. I've made around 200 dollars so far not counting the 100 dollar bonus you get for spending a certain amount.

faceless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have you guys had to dispute fraudulent charges before?

Closing accounts after credit line increases all of a sudden, charging interest during the introductory 0% APR period (I shouldn't have to worry about this since I pay in full), closing accounts because the spending was too much and they potentially didn't want to match the year end cash back, etc.
had to dispute a charge once when i bought something from Walmart.com and returned it in-store because it was obviously a return and not NEW New as it was a gift.

took a while but they dunked on Walmart.com

had zero issues with them over promotions.

Oct 25, 2017
Uber card is legit. Hate I waited so long to get it. I've made around 200 dollars so far not counting the 100 dollar bonus you get for spending a certain amount.

I'm interested in it, but I can't seem to find where in the app it's supposed to be offered. Is that where you applied for it?

I haven't had occasion to actually use Uber's service in a while and I'm worried that's affecting it.

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
I'm interested in it, but I can't seem to find where in the app it's supposed to be offered. Is that where you applied for it?

I haven't had occasion to actually use Uber's service in a while and I'm worried that's affecting it.

It's in a weird spot. You have to go in the app, hit the menu button in the top left corner, then hit payment and then scroll down and you'll see earn Uber cash with visa

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Deleted member 8860

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What other no-fee cards offer 4% cashback on dining? Anything? (The ones that let you pick categories?)

Is Citi Double Cash still the best 2% on everything card?

Oct 27, 2017
Hivemind survey time! I've got a Sapphire Reserve that I love, but I'm considering a separate card for my business. I'm about to make some larger purchases (mostly computers) that'll add up to about 8k.

I was planning on going with the Chase Ink Business Unlimited (1.5% cash back and a $500 cashback bonus for my big purchase). I like the no annual fee, but the cashback seems a lot less exciting than the points I get from the SR. Any thoughts?

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I only ended up doing the Amex Propel. I was going to get the UBER eventually, but decided it's time that I go the CSR and downgrade my CSP, so I did it.

Next cards will probably be Chase business one for $500 cashback and then Bank of America?

It's not like I'm credit card crazy, but I don't want to over do it right now because I'm looking to buy rental real estate some time in the next few years so CSR may be my last for a while.

pj-

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol wow they really fucked up the uber card. It will go from being my most used card to completely unused, possibly closed.

The perks were really too good for a free card, I guess. They haven't made a single penny from me and I've gotten probably $500 in rewards.

Why is one of the perks roadside assistance? Isn't this targeted to people who don't drive?

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Even with what I've read in this thread I have an Apple Card.

In most instances I use Apple Pay for the 2% cash back and we pick up scripts from Walgreens all the time among other things so in those instances I enjoy the 3%.

Not like I keep a balance anyways and I don't want to think about rotating %s.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas

Wow, going from my most used card to just about never.
This explains why when I looked at the benefits section on the app a few days ago it said the Phone Protection benfit was going away as of 11/1/2019.

It was great for dining obviously. Used it for travel, and also foreign online transactions since it was 2% CB and no foreign transaction fees.

Awful changes all around. Lower rewards percentages and rewards being redeemable only for Uber/Uber Eats makes this card -- which was my default -- all but worthless. The cell phone protection is all it's got left.

See above. Phone protection is going away 11/1/2019.
Changing my phone payment method now.

EDIT:
S6H7rlp.jpg

Last edited:

TMC

Oct 27, 2017
uber cash? Wtf. Gonna shelf this card in February and go back to using my amazon card for dining out. 4% back in restaurants really was too go to be true. Damn this upsets me.

Yeah this is a huge bummer. Also my most used card, but likely never gonna use it again after February.

Guess I'm gonna get the Citi DoubleCash to replace the 2% for online purchases. Anyone recommend something else instead?

Is the Savor Card the only one able to compete with the previous 4% back on dining?

Big Boss

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this is a huge bummer. Also my most used card, but likely never gonna use it again after February.

Guess I'm gonna get the Citi DoubleCash to replace the 2% for online purchases. Anyone recommend something else instead?

Is the Savor Card the only one able to compete with the previous 4% back on dining?

I believe so, but that card has an annual fee if I'm not mistaken. I already have one card with an annual fee.

dallow_bg

Oct 28, 2017
texas
Just got an e-mail from Barclay that says the Uber card changes go into effect for your billing cycle starting 2/2020 for current card holders
Same.

Also interesting that it says if you are currently using the Phone Protection you can keep it but the insurance provider is changing so there will be changes to the deductibles and claim amounts. A bit contrary to what I posted from their own App earlier.

I'll have to see what the changes are.

kodax_shc

Oct 27, 2017
Southern California
My email says my card changes go into effect with my May 2020 billing cycle. So I guess I can continue to use this card for a while longer.

For reference I only got the card about a month ago.

Cels

Oct 26, 2017
just got the uber visa email. now i have to get up to 2500 points before the february billing cycle. i have 1347 now.

card went from awesome to dogshit, just like the sallie mae mastercard (also from barclaycard, funny enough)
i don't even churn cards, i just try to get solid ones with cash back, it's just a big hassle cause i got this card fairly recently