• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
Loved this weeks episode, but the cheese was too much at times. I get it, that's CS but I felt they managed to tread the fine line between cheese and horror better in the last three episodes. The one with the gold vomiting genie is probably my favourite so far.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
LMAO did they run out of money for the last story in the new episode? Was like 15 mins long, multiple scenes replaced by long comic panels and then the gory ending mostly happens off screen.

The first story in this ep was probably my favourite of the season tbh. But the show has been a huge disappointment for me.

haxan

Oct 25, 2017
Urge, I guess atbthis point the nicest thing I can say about the show is that it's not as disappointing as Tales from the Hood 2. That was the worst Monkey's Paw story I've ever seen.

Last edited:

Doomsayer

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The show has been fun, but it is extremely rough.

I'm glad a season 2 is coming, but man, please iron it out and give it somewhat of a budget.

Tribal_Cult

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
lmao this shitshow actually got renewed.
To people saying budget is the problem, good horror does not need an extremely big budget. The show is simply comically awful, badly written, with terrible direction and horrible actors. Simple as that.
Even the few talents in the show make a pretty awful performance, you can tell they don't care.
Season 2 needs to change writers, showrunners and everything. Budget can still remain tight, I like low budget horror when done right. Don't think Masters Of Horror, to make an example, had this multimillion dollar budget. It had simply talent behind the show that could make something great with a small amount of money.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Season 2 just started. As someone who was really disappointed in S1 this is already a significant improvement. Production values are stronger and there's some great fan service in there. Enjoyed both stories.

Hoping this means Shudder listened to the complaints and this will be a smoother season.

cake

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, just finished S2E1 and really liked it. The second story was just a ton of fun, and the first was super cool with the different classic monsters teaming up to kill the asshole uncle

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Public Television of the Dead was insanely meta between not-Bob Ross and someone in the editing room having accidentally recorded over the rest of the episode with
a lost Evil Dead movie

erekiddo

Electric
Oct 25, 2017
They're certainly cranking these out aren't they? I wasn't that fond of S2 at all so I'll remain cautiously optimistic.

Dec 30, 2020
...y'know I rag on Creepshow but props to them and Shudder for at least going for a wild variety in their episodes. I'm willing to sit through four or five meh stories for every House of the Head or Public Television of the Dead or Shapeshifters Anonymous.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been watching season two on AMC on Monday nights. I think this week was episode three. It's not bad so far. It's nothing great, but it's watchable. It's kind of impressive how it looks high budget and really cheap at the same time.

CaptainK

Oct 29, 2017
Canada
I think I'll try out a month of Shudder, right on time for the spooky season. Are there any must-watch episodes of Creepshow that stood out in particular?

QV9xa3.gif
Ed Harris would be great as a creeper these days, heh

Nov 8, 2017
I think I'll try out a month of Shudder, right on time for the spooky season. Are there any must-watch episodes of Creepshow that stood out in particular?

In order, the best are probably

S01E03
S01E01
S02E01

In particular, S01E03's "The Man in the Suitcase" really stands out to me as probably the overall best individual short.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
Really liking the "Skeletons in the Closet" Nicotero directed segment. Some fun nods to a lot of horror films what with the movie prop/collector theme. Phantasm fans are in for a treat in particular!