• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
That'll do.

Honestly not sure how much better England could have possibly bowled or fielded. Not many missed opportunities or big errors, plenty of excellent bowling.

All on the batsmen to do their part now.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Well, at least Australia did better than India.

All academic until we've had our bat, though, things could easily still go horribly wrong...

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018
Hope England wins, it would be good to wipe the smile off fellow Australian's faces with the sandpaper scandal and the team being super arrogant over the last 12 years :)

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I am thinking South Africa did end up having a big impact on the tournament after all. Knocked out Sri Lanka. Gave Australia a bad match up in semi-final.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
England are normally pretty boring in small chases. They might start teeing off if it gets to 50 needed from 15 but they'll be looking for fives and sixes - unless it's there to be hit. Hopefully just blocking out Starc.

TheForgotten

Oct 27, 2017
Hope England wins, it would be good to wipe the smile off fellow Australian's faces with the sandpaper scandal and the team being super arrogant over the last 12 years :)
Arrogant Aussies? the Poms literally changed their eligibility rules for Archer. thats how much they want to win the trophy.

As an Aussie i hope the kiwis win the final. dont care who they beat

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Same venue 20 years ago 213 was (not quite) enough for Australia to get through to the final, we just need one bowler to have Warnie type game and we have a chance.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I would love for a New Zealand and England final. That will ensure a nation that has never before held the World Cup wins it.

rafiki

Alt account
Banned
May 18, 2019
don't believe this is defendable score. Just have to stand Starc, and should be achievable. Lets go...

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is where most teams choke. It is a small target but not easy to hit balls properly on this pitch.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Arrogant Aussies? the Poms literally changed their eligibility rules for Archer. thats how much they want to win the trophy.

Changed them to what the ICC standard is. Stupid to deny ourselves a British passport holder with an English father who wanted to play for us.

RockyBalboa_

Apr 28, 2018

As an Aussie I just want Australia to lose :). Would have been happy with an India win (knowing how much other Australian's hate them) but I'll settle for a New Zealand/England tournament victory.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Roshan with some Shastri level insightful commentary.

bXeJFSX.png

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
There's more going on that any sport I watch, lol. (and I watch darn near every sport in existence) I've yet to grasp the scoring....which seems important..haha.

I enjoy any competitive match though, so I'm going to keep this up on one monitor at work.

Reaching one base from another = 1 run.
Homerun = 6 runs
Ball crossing homerun boundary but along the ground = 4 runs.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
There's more going on that any sport I watch, lol. (and I watch darn near every sport in existence) I've yet to grasp the scoring....which seems important..haha.

I enjoy any competitive match though, so I'm going to keep this up on one monitor at work.

Feel free to ask questions! lots of knowledgeable people here. And some Australians.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Reaching one base from another = 1 run.
Homerun = 6 runs
Ball crossing homerun boundary but along the ground = 4 runs.
Feel free to ask questions! lots of knowledgeable people here. And some Australians.

Thanks

Reading the "rules" didn't do me much good. Haha

I know there's protecting, also "hitting".....and the wickets getting hit get you "out", what else gets you "out"?

Sorry if my terms are wrong....American with little exposure, but I want to understand it all.

Homerun ? Come on no one uses that term with cricket !

I need these terms to understand what is going on :-p