• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will say though that Aggers didn't do himself any favours with the hysterical tone of his responses. He shouldn't have called Liew a cunt and he shouldn't have cried about resigning whatever it was he was talking about and didn't do.

He should have just rejected the personal accusation calmly and left it alone.

edit: Well I think he was personally accused, given that he was named and his comments were judged racist.

I don't want to talk about this all afternoon though so happy to leave it there.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Yeah Aggers response to the article I find pretty bad. It comes across really bad, like hes having a massive tantrum. If I was accused of being a racist on twitter i would like to think I'd handle it with more dignity than that.

Oct 27, 2017
I find the Big Ant games to be very enjoyable cricket games (and it's not like there's much choice of the market these days). They are low budget and they always seem to have bugs but I find the gameplay satisfying. I think it's a good buy but if you can find Ashes Cricket for 1/4 of the price then it might be worth trying that out first because Cricket 19 isn't that big an improvement on it.
Can you play as other teams in the Ashes cricket game?

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I came in here being like "No way a cricket thread has this many posts, I bet they're hiding some juicy stuff from the mods behind that harmless sounding thread".
Shows what I know.
Good read thought.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately the best cricket game ever made was Brian Lara 96 on the sega megadrive and nothing else has really come close.

See, now THIS is something wrong enough to warrant an Aggers tirade.

There is only one GOAT cricket game and it's Super International Cricket on the SNES.

2283995-super_international_cricket.jpg

It's basically the only good thing Aussies have ever done.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Question for those that have both:
Is it worth it buying Cricket 19, if I have Ashes 2017?
I mean any big changes to batting/bowling or new match types etc?

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Unfortunately the best cricket game ever made was Brian Lara 96 on the sega megadrive and nothing else has really come close.

We had a Brian Lara game on the PS1 when i was at uni but the disc was buggered and so the game would only ever get to the coin toss and then nothing would happen, the two players would just stand around kicking the dirt now and then.

We really wanted to play it but were too cheap to buy a new copy (students) and so would leave it running for hours in the hope that it would come to life.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The problem with cricket 19 as with all cricket games ever made is that once you adjust to the game and the timing - its literally too easy. You can do ridiculous things especially when batting and it loses the feel of cricket. I would like a game that somehow feels like it captures the skill and ebb and flow of cricket but don't think we'll see that in my lifetime.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
The problem with cricket 19 as with all cricket games ever made is that once you adjust to the game and the timing - its literally too easy. You can do ridiculous things especially when batting and it loses the feel of cricket. I would like a game that somehow feels like it captures the skill and ebb and flow of cricket but don't think we'll see that in my lifetime.

Even on higher difficulties?

amanset

Oct 28, 2017
Do other Australians even know what the "Hand of God" is? I sure didn't! Soccer ain't that popular here in terms of following professional competition.

I liked Bat of God because it was God's luck that gave England the win. Had no idea it was a reference to something else.

Sports writers that coined the term do.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
There was also the Brian Lara/ Ricky Ponting game on the PS2 by Codemasters which was decent I thought. It had a legends mode of sorts where you got to play some famous innings or spells from the history of the game.

OP
OP
crazy monkey

crazy monkey

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
If you have wii there is a cricket game on it as well. You can do motion and stuff.

Real cricket 19 is my jam now a days because of online play and ease of access. I can play it during breaks.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Been watching some of the womens ashes. Australia just too good. Looks like they will retain it unless England can pull out some magic.

Oct 25, 2017
At Edgbaston watching the T20 blast or whatever its called and Ashton Agar is hitting the ball alright. Australia should call him up, couldn't be worse than any one of the dozen Marsh brothers they keep selecting.

JPEG_20190721_155933.jpg

Last edited:

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Australia v Australia A starts tonight. Feel like the whole batting line up's potentially in flux apart from Smith and Warner. Pattinson might be able to put pressure on Hazelwood too.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Shame that big Jofra isn't fit to play in the 1st Ashes test. Mind can't blame him for needing a rest.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Is he definitely out? Know he was being rested for the ireland test but assumed that was so he could play against Australia

Yep - think 1st test squad is being picked from Ashes training camp - and Archer not in that. Has a side strain and is in Barbados to rest up.

Assume he comes into contention for 2nd test - but have nagging feeling selectors might feel he's not battle hardened yet for test cricket. Not ready for 3 long bowling spells a day....I guess result of 1st test will influence that. But I'd love to see what he did with a new ball against Aussie openers....