• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
God why do I have to be at the office instead of at home watching this?!

If this pair carry their bats through, I'm forgoing my diet tonight and ordering up something decidedly unhealthy and English for dinner.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of which, the way to watch cricket - if you can get the sync right - is to mute the TV commentary and instead listen to TMS.

I wish it was just the standard Sky Cricket team. They are superior to TMS. Isa Guha, Nasser, Athers, David Lloyd are brilliant. The Aussies they've brought in for the world cup are dogshit, except Mel Jones.

Oct 25, 2017
How do I know how many outs/wickets have happened???

Is that the second number....the 0 on the score area?

Yes.

When you watch cricket that is played in Australia then it is reversed on the scoreboard, wickets first and then followed by runs, but ignore that because Australia is a backwards nation full of backwards people.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
tenor.gif

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
If England get to 20 overs before the rain, a result can be called. If it rains before 20 overs and the rest of the day gets washed out they have to come back tomorrow.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently D/L par right now is 38

Edit: For Landy's benefit: Cricket is very British, so being very British, there are rules about matches that are rained off. The Duckworth-Lewis Method is basically a complicated algorithm used to determine what scores are equivalent in different states of the game, so if the match ended right now and they had to find a result based on Duckworth-Lewis, England would win handily because they have more than 38 runs.

Looks like we might have a wicket here, which would increase the D/L par target.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Well, as someone who knows nothing about cricket..but is learning today. My low knowledge self would assume 124-0 (basically no outs/wickets) with only 224 to reach...seems like an obvious win coming.