• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Well, as someone who knows nothing about cricket..but is learning today. My low knowledge self would assume 124-0 (basically no outs/wickets) with only 224 to reach...seems like an obvious win coming.

The other thing about English cricket - which is slowly being embraced by the rest of the world - is the fine art of the spectacular batting collapse...

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, as someone who knows nothing about cricket..but is learning today. My low knowledge self would assume 124-0 (basically no outs/wickets) with only 224 to reach...seems like an obvious win coming.
yes. but in cricket nothing is guaranteed.

i remember pakistan once tying a game after srilanka was 172-2 and they got all out for 196.

Teams choke under pressure. Thats what makes cricket so much fun to watch.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This is the perfect situation for Root tbh. Just slowly accumulate runs. No need to explode.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Someone show this game to Dhoni. This is how you counter attack. Just wow.
This is clearly not nearly as bad of a pitch as Australia made it out to be or the one from the NZ vs India game. No one not even Williamson was able to bat like this on there (barring Jadeja's amazing inexplicable innings). Dhoni's just past it, he's not failing on purpose.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Does every guy on the "defense" have to bowl through the overs?

Or are there a couple/few bowlers that switch out? Like in baseball with pitchers..

You can only bowl ten overs. So with that restriction in mind, you can share the overs out how you like. But mostly it's ten to each bowler. Sometimes teams have more than five people who can bowl, see Smith 'bowling' pies earlier, which technically counts.

master15

Nov 28, 2017
As an Australian fan, this game has been painful to watch. I hope and pray NZ take it but will be hard against this Enflish lineup.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta say it's cathartic wathcing Australia getting pummeled like this. This is exactly what they did to Pakistan in 99, india in 2003, to srilanka in 2007 and finally to NZ in the 2015 final. Just completely overwhelm the opponent, outclass them and beat them into submission. I am still scarred from the 1999 beatdown.

Any other team, i would love to see a close semi final, but Australia needed to go out like this. Aussies need to know how it feels. England's done good.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
As an Australian fan, this game has been painful to watch. I hope and pray NZ take it but will be hard against this Enflish lineup.
Ferguson didn't play the last game NZ had against England. He's their biggest wicket taker this tournament and should help bolster the bowling. Taylor also got some form from his innings against India. Just need Guptil to fire now and it's a proper game.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
What a wasted review that was by Bairstow. Jason Roy paying for it.

He's gonna get banned next match for his tantrum lol. Amazing innings though.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
O6V1HBb.png

Someone needs some sandpaper.

Dec 31, 2017
Gotta say it's cathartic wathcing Australia getting pummeled like this. This is exactly what they did to Pakistan in 99, india in 2003, to srilanka in 2007 and finally to NZ in the 2015 final. Just completely overwhelm the opponent, outclass them and beat them into submission. I am still scarred from the 1999 beatdown.

Any other team, i would love to see a close semi final, but Australia needed to go out like this. Aussies need to know how it feels. England's done good.
Hahaha agreed. They've been dominant.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol Whats Roy going on about. He clearly gave him out.

Stupid Bairstow.

That Bairstow review looks even stupider now.

Of course no excuse for an umpire giving that out.

Ridiculous all round.
There was a loud noise.

Morgan in. They are going to pepper him with short balls after that Pieterson interview. lol

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
England should just take singles and doubles. They don't really have to look for shots. Key is to not panic.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Going back to Roy's wicket: Umpire Dharmasena gave it out and then showed the TV symbol as though gesturing Roy had reviewed it. But there was no review left and that started the confusion. Roy stood his ground thinking it was referred upstairs but in the end umpire Erasmus told him he has to go. Bizarre! But both umpire and the batsman were at fault there.

Hmm, looks like he has a defense of it goes to a disciplinary hearing.

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
I really do appreciate all of you helping out. I've got a much greater grasp on the game in just a few pages here.

One thing I just thought of... Is the area the bowlers run from a set spot? It seems they run from much further out than I would deem necessary to throw the ball.

Paxton25

May 9, 2018
I really do appreciate all of you helping out. I've got a much greater grasp on the game in just a few pages here.

One thing I just thought of... Is the area the bowlers run from a set spot? It seems they run from much further out than I would deem necessary to throw the ball.
Every bowler has their own spot they run from.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017

I believe it varies from bowler to bowler. I think there is a maximum distance they can run from but not necessarily a minimum.