• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Fast bowlers will run from further away to get more speed on the ball and spinners will run from close but sometimes at an angle to help with the spin.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
Longer run up kinda generates a higher speed when bowling.

Also, the ball isn't thrown, it's bowled, the bowler's arm must remain straight during the bowling action, the arm can't be bent more than a certain angle (15 degrees, once the arm is above shoulder height)

Deleted member 32018

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Umpires should be able to make use of the technology themselves if they are not sure. All that money spent on it and it's only used once by each team (in this format).

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Umpires should be able to make use of the technology themselves if they are not sure. All that money spent on it and it's only used once by each team (in this format).

They'd end up reviewing everything like they do with run outs and semi-dodgy catches. The system works fine. That was an absolute howler from the ump but Bairstow fucked the review so blah

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
RingedAnchoredGreatwhiteshark-size_restricted.gif

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think most people are happy with the balance as it is
semi finals and finals should have two reviews per team just like in test matches. the stakes are way too high to worry about finishing games on time.

that said, bairstow shouldve never reviewed that LBW. it hit him on the back leg and he shouldve known he didnt hit it.

oggob

Oct 25, 2017
Sydney, Australia
As an Aussie, yes it's been a horrible match. Bowlers chucking pies down leg side or half volleys too far outside off.

We have been dismantled.

We peaked too early in the Comp this time, but whilst I'd believe we had the ability to go all the way, this side isn't as good as past campaigns.

Will be rooting for the Kiwis in the final, anytime England fail to win a major title is a good result.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
One review for each team is fine. I meant that if the umpire is not sure they can quickly check, would take the pressure off the umpires. The umpire hesitated with Roy's wicket and puffed out his cheeks, he wasn't sure at all.

Yeah thats reasonable. They get the replay very quickly so if there is doubt within the umpires mind no reason not to check it. If this match had been a closer affair then the talking point at the end would be that decision and i dont think that should be the case.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Australia beat England in their previous match up and nothing suggested a rematch would result in a drubbing such as this. What changed?

Also, Starc's economy is 8 RPO with 1 wicket. England have taken him apart completely.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Australia beat England in their previous match up and nothing suggested a rematch would result in a drubbing such as this. What changed?

Also, Starc's economy is 8 RPO with 1 wicket. England have taken him apart completely.
As everyone else said Jason Roy is huge for england. Apart from the fact james vince is shite bairstow plays infinitely better when opening with roy.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
As everyone else said Jason Roy is huge for england. Apart from the fact james vince is shite bairstow plays infinitely better when opening with roy.

I also think England lost some of their mojo coming into this tournament. The pitches weren't what they were used to, the pressure of a home world cup, whatever happened with Hales, Archer coming in at the last minute and taking Willey's place. Beating India and NZ back to back gave them their self-belief back.

Tygre

Oct 25, 2017
Chesire, UK
England are better than Australia, and their biggest point of weakness won't even be playing.

Facing Roy and Bairstow is a very different prospect to Vince and Bairstow.
Australia haven't won a match at Edgbaston, in any format, since 2001.

14 games. 0 wins.

England haven't lost a match at Edgbaston, in any format, since 2014.

10 games. 10 wins.

Most recently, England battered India there in this very CWC. England are favourites.

I love being right. Suck it Aussies.