• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Hazzuh

Oct 28, 2017
Live footage of NZ :

tenor.gif

Landy828

Oct 26, 2017
Clemson, SC
Thank you to everyone that helped me understand Cricket today.

I think I gathered enough knowledge to truly enjoy what is happening in games from here on out.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
So not only did England beat Australia, they just about beat the bigger enemy: the rain.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
And that is an absolute fucking battering Australia will NEVER forget. There has been a brutal murder in Birmingham and the cops are looking for Morgan's England, the best team in the world.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad saying this living here but nice to see the Aussies lose and not be contenders for the WC for once.

Now go Kiwis! You can do this!

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel bad saying this living here but nice to see the Aussies lose and not be contenders for the WC for once.

Now go Kiwis! You can do this!
In 2011, Pakistan beat them in the final game of the group stage and forced them out of the top spot. They had to face india who knocked them out in the quarter final. it was beautiful. But this kind of thrashing feels much better. lol

i wonder if they will go back to being cunts again. this whole being nice and sporting appraoch doesnt seem to be working out for them.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Looking to the ashes what 4 seamers go, obviously Anderson and Broad, then you imagine 2 of Archer, Woakes, Curran and Wood, though I can't imagine woods would get picked.

Simon21

Apr 25, 2018
Imperious stuff from England today. Was certain we'd be going out, as the Semi's seems to be our natural position in World Cups right now. Aussie bowlers are going to be seeing Roy in their nightmares all the way until the Ashes.

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As a neutral I am pretty stoked for the finals. Whoever wins, we get to see new champions. Rooting for NZ though. :D

Whatever happens though, please dont be a one sided affair.

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to the ashes what 4 seamers go, obviously Anderson and Broad, then you imagine 2 of Archer, Woakes, Curran and Wood, though I can't imagine woods would get picked.

Woakes and you can't leave out Curran because of his performances with the bat. Jofra just misses out and no Wood because it's a miracle he's managed to get through the World Cup without breaking down.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
People forget how bad australia have been in ODIs up until reasonably recently. They can be very happy with their performance this world cup.

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
Been rather on the edge of this CWC, but let's just say...

GET IN LADS WEEEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Archer and Wood won't play the Tests.

Edit: Archer hasn't played much first class cricket, it would be asking a lot.

Roy - perhaps. I imagine the Ashes will be a tight affair. I could almost see Bairstow and Roy opening if Foakes continues with the gloves (but that would be harsh on Burns).

Pleased about the result today - and Sunday will be on free-to-ait TV. #fucksky

Solaris

Oct 27, 2017
Even if you think Australia are incredibly awful, England still lost to SL, PAK and AUS so what does that say about them?

They are basically a minnow at this point. They might win the toss, slog and get lucky for a while, but England are basically this tournaments equivalent of Kenya.

Fun to dream they might somehow win, but realistically they'll be lucky to remember the game is on.

:)

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
For those who haven't followed England in ODIs since the last World Cup this was the England of that period. Bullying teams and absolutely chasing anything down without blinking. That was complete humiliation for Australia. Being bowled out on a flat brilliant batting track then their bowlers being thumped around the park.

Starc going for something like 8 an over.

That's the England side we've grown to love these past four years.

Can't wait for the final. I suspect New Zealand will be far tougher opponents though than the cheating Aussies who clearly don't have the bottle for the big occasion anymore.

Geoff

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Stats are that England have the second best attack and the best batting line up in the world cup. Before the world cup they had the best batting and the seventh best attack.

Ashes

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Go England. Only time we ever win stuff is when we're the favourites and ranked number 1 in the world.

ThisIsBlitz21

Oct 22, 2018
One more thing, the World Cup should never take place in England again. They have the wackest pitches, plus it rains every second day.

Even New Zealand's playground sized fields would be better.

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
Even if you think Australia are incredibly awful, England still lost to SL, PAK and AUS so what does that say about them?

They are basically a minnow at this point. They might win the toss, slog and get lucky for a while, but England are basically this tournaments equivalent of Kenya.

Fun to dream they might somehow win, but realistically they'll be lucky to remember the game is on.

Ah these posts are so delicious in hindsight. Sumptuous.

One more thing, the World Cup should never take place in England again. They have the wackest pitches, plus it rains every second day.

Even New Zealand's playground sized fields would be better.

Dear God man, leave and maybe a semblance of your pride will remain intact. The saltiness of your tantrum is raising my blood pressure.

Burli

Nov 7, 2017
Archer and Wood won't play the Tests.

Edit: Archer hasn't played much first class cricket, it would be asking a lot.

Roy - perhaps. I imagine the Ashes will be a tight affair. I could almost see Bairstow and Roy opening if Foakes continues with the gloves (but that would be harsh on Burns).

Pleased about the result today - and Sunday will be on free-to-ait TV. #fucksky

I think Archer might make it in, our current selectors are ones for bold decisions. Roy is a definite at this point, he's made himself irresistible. Foakes has already been dropped (I'm a massive Foakes fan by the way and would love to see him in the team again).

My personal 15 man squad would be Burns, Roy, Root, Bairstow, Stokes, Buttler, Foakes/Ali, Woakes/Curran/Leach, Broad/Archer/Wood, Anderson.

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the weather has been fine from mid june into july, we had a bit of a freak event with all the rain at the start of june even by the standards of the English summer. It's a shame for Pakistan who were the most affected in terms of what it meant for their chances of getting through but the people who were ahead of them in 4th ended up in the world cup final so things kind of worked out in the end.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Apart from Edgbaston (and even that would be reaching), I don't think I've heard anyone complain that ECB had any influence over the pitches. Can anyone honestly say the same about the BCCI?