• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Holy crap what a win. I thought it was over after the Stokes drop. Incredible fight-back. Where has this team been all tournament?

Still super suspect against quality pace bowling but they had that Aus game too and choked it away. I dunno.

Best game of the tournament by far. This is what WC cricket should be. No givens.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Looking at the points table and it seems like Sri Lanka got really shafted by two rained out games. Their first game against NZ didn't help but I think they could have been a good competitor had they played those rained out matches vs Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Dynedom

Nov 1, 2017
Looking at the points table and it seems like Sri Lanka got really shafted by two rained out games. Their first game against NZ didn't help but I think they could have been a good competitor had they played those rained out matches vs Pakistan and Bangladesh.

Bangladesh has SL's number. Pakistan can go either way.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
I would be satisfied if Bangladesh somehow made it to the top 4, though it seems unlikely.
(Possible, the NZ-ENG game is the doubt)
England loses vs India, Australia, NZ
Bangladesh beats Afgans and Pakistan

(Harder, BD has to beat india)
England loses vs only India and Australia, wins vs NZ
BD has to beat AFG, PAK, India

(Most unlikely, NZ ain't losing all 3)
NZ loses vs West indies, Pak, Aus
BD beats AFG and Pak

effingvic

Oct 25, 2017
(Possible, the NZ-ENG game is the doubt)
England loses vs India, Australia, NZ
Bangladesh beats Afgans and Pakistan

(Harder, BD has to beat india)
England loses vs only India and Australia, wins vs NZ
BD has to beat AFG, PAK, India

(Most unlikely, NZ ain't losing all 3)
NZ loses vs West indies, Pak, Aus
BD beats AFG and Pak

Is it basically assumed that India is going to win all of their games going forward? I guess India dropping out of the top 4 is practically impossible.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
"ESPNcricinfo's Forecaster revised its prediction up by 3 runs after Dhoni's wicket, by the way. Aftab to continue "

Sounds about right. He should've retired a while ago.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
India only 224.

We have a good old fashioned low scoring ODI here folks.

We have a match.

Deleted member 8257

Oct 26, 2017
This will be one for the history books if Afghanistan can take it.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
i think it shows how much they rely on rohit sharma recently to get them off to flyers and take the pressure off the rest

cause after kohli, the batting line up is kinda hit or miss
Dhawan was good too but he's injured. With him gone, India does rely a lot on Kohli+Rohit. MSD isn't of much use these days. Pandya can get in a quick 30-50 near the end but that's all you'll get.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
I am backing Afghanistan. Any other team would win it easily, i am just not sure what to expect from Afghanistan. But I am still backing Afghanistan.

And that's a wicket.

jayu26

Oct 25, 2017
This is why it is such a shame that more non test playing countries are not playing. How are they going to improve if they don't get a chance to play test playing nations. And more of them means more chances of an upset and a more exciting tournament for the spectators.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This Sanju Manju commentary is so bad though. Even Mark Waugh isn't this biased towards his team and disrespectful to the opposition.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
This Sanju Manju commentary is so bad though. Even Mark Waugh isn't this biased towards his team and disrespectful to the opposition.
Yeah dude's awful.

A very good effort from Afghanistan but I think the game's done. Good wake up call for India to sort out their batting. Their bowling seems decent.