• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 31104

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Still think Australia were 20 odd short here. Stokes is doing this. Cramp aside he looks completely untroubled here and just going for a shot or two an over. England are only 5 down they're no where near out of it.

Lunchbox-

Nov 2, 2017
bEast Coast
australia need to bring the main line bowlers back and stop fucking around with part timers and spinners

stokes is winning this if they don't get him

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing Yorker. Just goes to show that yorkers are still effective. I find it bizarre how no one bowls yorkers anymore. there was only a hint of reverse here and it was still good enough for a guy at 89.

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Amazing Yorker. Just goes to show that yorkers are still effective. I find it bizarre how no one bowls yorkers anymore. there was only a hint of reverse here and it was still good enough for a guy at 89.
I think it's more that Yorkers are just hard to pull off. To full it's a juicy full toss, to short it's a juicy half volley. I think bowlers just don't like risking it.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's more that Yorkers are just hard to pull off. To full it's a juicy full toss, to short it's a juicy half volley. I think bowlers just don't like risking it.
most lesser skilled bowlers are scared of them turning into full tosses
thats always been the case though. i feel like even good ones dont ball yorkers. Cummins just bowled an entire over without a single yorker. Amir barely bowled any yorkers in the last game even though wahab was getting reverse and was hitting the stumps at will. Both Amir and Cummins are amazing bowlers. I dont get it.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
It's not that people don't bowl yorkers any more but in T20 the wide yorker just inside the tram lines seems to be the favoured version, because the width gives you a bit protection if the length is wrong.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Australia are just an extremely professional and consistent team. I wouldn't be surprised if they win the world cup again.

Oct 25, 2017

It's because there is less margin for error. Low full tosses get tonked over the rope nowadays whereas 30 years ago you'd hear commentators telling the audience how low full tosses are hard to slog.

If you're great at it like Malinga or Starc then it's still a great option but if you're not then it can be quite high risk.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Maxwell is an excellent fielder, even just throwing the ball in to the keeper there from the boundary was right on the money and skipped once.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Imagine being the tournament favorites and losing to the worst ODI team of 2018.

Well, we've done our part. We leave it up to you now, India and New Zealand, to knock England out.

Jul 18, 2018
7JWlVo4.png

Dec 31, 2017
A lot rides on the balance of tomorrow's game for many teams actually. Damn. We got ourselves a cup.

Edit: Pakistan is chasing against NZ, gg guys, let's go back to bed.

Last edited:

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Let me get my Crystal ball out.

Pakistan will beat NZ
India will beat England
Pakistan will beat Afghanistan
Bangladesh will beat India
England will beat NZ
Pakistan will lose against Bangladesh and England will be out.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
love that final ball from Wahab. He got three wickets by bowling yorkers in the last match and finishes off with a short ball to a guy on 91. Shocking stuff.

Watch this be the difference at the end of the game.

Deleted member 31104

Banned
Nov 5, 2017
That's a surprisingly decent score given where they were, it's a tricky pitch so could be a really tricky catch especially with Pakistans er mercurial batting.

Won't lie, I'd prefer to see Pakistan win, they're such wildcards that you could easily see them winning the thing if they get into the semis. Or of course you could see a semi which in they're skittled for 154 and somehow the opposition end up 156/9 in 23 overs.

Zappy

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Great recovery by NZ.

England take note (obv).

I'm unconvinced that England have the batsmen to play what is effectively test style cricket at times. Teams are struggling on some pitches and almost facing test style spells where you have to survive. You look at Buttler, widely and correctly regarded as one of if not the best one day batsman in the world. His game is about taking games away from teams. He's clever and can work out the situation and the rate and adapt. Its not like he's one-track. But he isn't someone with test style batting discipline. None of them are that's why our test batting is so poor. These pitches are effectively playing like 3/4 day test pitches with uneven bounce and pace.

England have been unstoppable in one day series played on fresh pitches with even bounce. Their bowling is even tailored to this with their most "one-day" bowler Willey left out of the squad in favour of people who hit the wicket hard/have pace/spinners. That makes sense on those even bounce fresh wickets you'd normally find in England or Australia. But on these wickets...its all about variation and slow balls and cutters and whilst England's attack can do this - they are not the most skilled in that regard. They are more about pace, bouncers and bit of lateral movement. But the movement hasn't been so much the issue more the pace and stickyness of wickets...

More I think about it more I think England picked players to play on English wickets but what has been offered up by the ICC and weather are very different wickets that suit a different game. A low scoring world cup that has reversed the modern trend where 320 is considered just about average....and this England team have been built around very different type of cricket and have been caught out by some unexpected conditions.

I'm very unconvinced the batting line up will ever be able to sit in and work a 260 score in these conditions against these bowling attacks, because if they could we'd be a great test side and we certainly are not that.....