• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
This is bizarre.

pWe5hgP.jpg

Stranger things have happened...

No Imran, no Inzy, no Javed, no Mushtaq, no hope lol :p

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How Pakistan wins these games is beyond me. Especially after failing so hard against the Windies, Aussies and India. Bizarre.

I bet they will lose to either Bangladesh or Afghanistan just to piss us off.

pWe5hgP.jpg

I laughed this off at first but now, lets do this.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
How Pakistan wins these games is beyond me. Especially after failing so hard against the Windies, Aussies and India. Bizarre.

I bet they will lose to either Bangladesh or Afghanistan just to piss us off.

pWe5hgP.jpg

I laughed this off at first but now, lets do this.

Pakistan have always been like this, that's why I've always had a love/hate relationship with them lmao!!!

Today's side is a trophy winning side, if they can keep it up.

K444wsr

Oct 27, 2017
Bangladesh vs Pakistan to be a playoff match effectively next week?
I need to get tickets for that game

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The comparison with 1992 is really strange.

Wednesday - NZ unbeaten - Delayed toss - Pakistan chasing - won with 5 balls to spare.

OozeMan

Feb 21, 2018
Neither New Zealand nor England have put in convincing performances against stronger sides in this WC so far, very unlike what was expected of them at the start of the tournament.

Pakistan were immense today. Babar played the best knock of his ODI career and showed a glimpse of what's to come from his end in the future.

AegonSnake

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol this cricinfo article is something else. i love the last comparison.

The similarities begin, credibly, with the format

In 1992, the tournament had nine teams, with everyone playing against everyone else and the top four progressing to the semi-finals.
In 2019, the tournament has 10 teams, and everyone plays everyone else and the top four progress to the semi-finals.

Even the playing conditions

In 1992, the administrators decided to use two new white balls per innings, one at each end.
In 2019, the teams are also playing with two new white balls per innings, one at each end.

Then, the most credible and compelling similarities - Pakistan's sequence of results:

In 1992, Pakistan's sequence for the first six games read: Lost, won, washout, lost, lost, won. In 2019, Pakistan's sequence for the first six games read: Lost, won, washout, lost, lost, won.

In 1992, Pakistan lost their opening game to West Indies. In 2019, Pakistan lost their opening game to West Indies.

That sequence will be tested firmly at Edgbaston on Wednesday when Pakistan take on New Zealand

In 1992, when Pakistan took on Martin Crowe's side, the co-hosts were unbeaten. Pakistan eased home by seven wickets in Christchurch and sealed their entry into the semi-finals.

In 2019, Pakistan take on an unbeaten New Zealand again. This time though, a win doesn't guarantee them a place in the last four, though considerably increases their chances. Also, a worrying sign for Pakistan fans: the 1992 game was the tournament's 34th match. Edgbaston will be this tournament's 33rd.

Around now, the theory starts stretching

In 1992, Pakistan had Inzamam-ul-Haq, one of their breakout stars.
In 2019, Pakistan have his nephew Imam-ul-Haq.

In 1992, a Pakistani left-hand batsman named Sohail (Aamir) was the Man of the Match in their sixth game.
In 2019, a Pakistani left-hand batsman named Sohail (Haris) was Man of the Match in their sixth game.

In 1992, India and then Australia had won the previous two World Cups.
In 2019, India and then Australia have won the previous two World Cups.

And finally, the theory goes bonkers

In 1992, Asif Ali Zardari, a former president of Pakistan and husband of the late Benazir Bhutto, was in jail.
In 2019, Asif Ali Zardari again is in jail.

In 1992, Aladdin was released as an animated musical film.
In 2019, an Aladdin reboot was released.

The comparison with 1992 is really strange.

Wednesday - NZ unbeaten - Delayed toss - Pakistan chasing - won with 5 balls to spare.

wait, someone just sent me that on whatsapp. i thought it was one of those fake whatsapp memes.

this is nuts.

Last edited:

Slim

Banned
Sep 24, 2018
lol this cricinfo article is something else. i love the last comparison.

The similarities begin, credibly, with the format

In 1992, the tournament had nine teams, with everyone playing against everyone else and the top four progressing to the semi-finals.
In 2019, the tournament has 10 teams, and everyone plays everyone else and the top four progress to the semi-finals.

Even the playing conditions

In 1992, the administrators decided to use two new white balls per innings, one at each end.
In 2019, the teams are also playing with two new white balls per innings, one at each end.

Then, the most credible and compelling similarities - Pakistan's sequence of results:

In 1992, Pakistan's sequence for the first six games read: Lost, won, washout, lost, lost, won. In 2019, Pakistan's sequence for the first six games read: Lost, won, washout, lost, lost, won.

In 1992, Pakistan lost their opening game to West Indies. In 2019, Pakistan lost their opening game to West Indies.

That sequence will be tested firmly at Edgbaston on Wednesday when Pakistan take on New Zealand

In 1992, when Pakistan took on Martin Crowe's side, the co-hosts were unbeaten. Pakistan eased home by seven wickets in Christchurch and sealed their entry into the semi-finals.

In 2019, Pakistan take on an unbeaten New Zealand again. This time though, a win doesn't guarantee them a place in the last four, though considerably increases their chances. Also, a worrying sign for Pakistan fans: the 1992 game was the tournament's 34th match. Edgbaston will be this tournament's 33rd.

Around now, the theory starts stretching

In 1992, Pakistan had Inzamam-ul-Haq, one of their breakout stars.
In 2019, Pakistan have his nephew Imam-ul-Haq.

In 1992, a Pakistani left-hand batsman named Sohail (Aamir) was the Man of the Match in their sixth game.
In 2019, a Pakistani left-hand batsman named Sohail (Haris) was Man of the Match in their sixth game.

In 1992, India and then Australia had won the previous two World Cups.
In 2019, India and then Australia have won the previous two World Cups.

And finally, the theory goes bonkers

In 1992, Asif Ali Zardari, a former president of Pakistan and husband of the late Benazir Bhutto, was in jail.
In 2019, Asif Ali Zardari again is in jail.

In 1992, Aladdin was released as an animated musical film.
In 2019, an Aladdin reboot was released.

wait, someone just sent me that on whatsapp. i thought it was one of those fake whatsapp memes.

this is nuts.
Asif Ali Zardari in jail.. hahaha. Hopefully, Pakistan's WC campaign won't end just yet.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
Hypothetically if you you have the following four go through (from most points to least points), who would Pak draw in the semis, or is it a random draw?

1. India
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. Pakistan

I mean generally, is it :
team 1 v team 4 / team 2 v team 3, or,
team 1 v team 3 / team 2 v team 4 etc?

Dec 31, 2017
Hahaha I love the 1992 meme. So many spooky comparisons.

Pakistan needs a bit of help from their neighbor India to fuck up England.

Hypothetically if you you have the following four go through (from most points to least points), who would Pak draw in the semis, or is it a random draw?

1. India
2. New Zealand
3. Australia
4. Pakistan

I mean generally, is it :
team 1 v team 4 / team 2 v team 3, or,
team 1 v team 3 / team 2 v team 4 etc?

It will be 1 v 4 and 2 v 3.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Playing Sweet Child O' Mine in the statdium....what's been up with the playlist this WC?

India's batting barring Kohli seems to be getting worse. Really hurting from that Dhawan injury. I have my doubts about them against the better teams now. Think they'll lose the upcoming match against England.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn wtf is Dhoni doing.

Edit:Okay alright he redeemed himself in that last over.

Very good bowling from the WI pacers though. Their batsmen are also decent enough to chase this so let's see how this goes.

Last edited: