• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Not to jinx things, but England looking ok here. Entirely possible the 444 is in danger of being smashed.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Well if I wasn't sure which ground I'd be heading for in next year's world cup, I know now... speaking of which, the initial ballot should be done by now, is anyone else buying tickets?

Oct 25, 2017
Aside from us being shit, I think something is completely broken with the pitch too.

Yeah Trent Bridge is a flat pitch and the boundaries have difficult dimensions to defend. It's the same ground where England scored 400+ against Pakistan and they were warned for a flat test match pitch too iirc

Flat pitch + this England batting lineup = Lot of teams will get hammered

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Very embarrassing for Australia.

This Australian second string bowling lineup were babes to the slaughter.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
Good lord. Finch just hit 172 off 76 balls in a T20 (16 fours, 10 sixes).

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Pathetic middle order by England, very disappointing. At 200-3 you should be still in on the next day at tea, even if it is spinning and moving a little. Early days, here's hoping the steamers can get some movement.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
^ Yeah pretty disappointing from the middle order. Today looks like a good day to bat as well so England could get punished.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
It's a very nice day in Brum today - I'm off into town for a dino dig with the kids. I fully expect India to be 2 down tops at the end of play.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
England have been crying out for a left arm pace bowler for years; desperately needed variation, four right arm seamers is asking for trouble. We've always looked better equipped; Sidebottom and Illot in previous years always did well, so hopefully Curran can get some good experience against a decent Indian batting line-up.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
England have been crying out for a left arm pace bowler for years; desperately needed variation, four right arm seamers is asking for trouble. We've always looked better equipped; Sidebottom and Illot in previous years always did well, so hopefully Curran can get some good experience against a decent Indian batting line-up.

Yeah, on TMS they were talking about how maybe England should have selected a second spinner as what can another seamer offer after you've tried Anderson, Broad and Stokes.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
so hopefully Curran can get some good experience against a decent Indian batting line-up.

Curran has got a 5ver, has bowled well. Happy for him, only his 2nd test i think.

Kohli still hanging in there. He's clearly one of the best batsmen in the world at the moment.

EDIT - ah, Curran still on 4. thought he got that last one.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Yep, great innings by Kohli. England's sloppiness in the field has cost them a good 50-100 runs. We'll need to knuckle down tomorrow and grind out a minimum 270 to stand a chance.

Mindwipe

Oct 25, 2017
London
Hope England's slips are better tomorrow (TBH I say "tomorrow" - if England's batting lasts all day today they'll probably win).

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
5 wickets in one session is laughable. Still, it's a 5 match series (I hope).
Anyone for an over/under on Ashwin's haul in the series? I'll start at 32.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Come on Curran. Get a nice 50 to make the match last a bit.

This one could be all over today, annoying if you have tickets for the weekend.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm... if we can bowl a tight line and keep it outside off stump then this could get interesting. But anything slipping onto middle will get put away, and we don't have enough runs to play with... discipline is the name of the game here. Well played Curran too *applauds*.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Kohli is the key. I get the feeling he really wants this win and will stick around to see it through. He comes across as a very determined man.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Kohli is the key. I get the feeling he really wants this win and will stick around to see it through. He comes across as a very determined man.

With him being so critical in the first innings, I think the psychological impact of whether he's still in or out would have a huge impact on the match.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't anyone being aggressive? Get some runs on the board.

Seems to me the pitch is kinda difficult to play on with all the swing.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Why isn't anyone being aggressive? Get some runs on the board.

Seems to me the pitch is kinda difficult to play on with all the swing.
There's a fair amount of cloud and humidity here in Brum (same forecast for tomorrow); so perfect for the English bowlers. But Kohli has the ability to score the runs himself...

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Its nicely poised. England getting wickets but Kohli at the crease makes it anyone's game.

I love cricket.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
What an ending to the test. One more wicket required by England, 36 more runs required by India.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
And just like that, England get the wicket and win by 31 runs.