• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
That's some impressive bowling, and well done Stokes for stepping up to the plate.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Stokes trial is pretty interesting. Wasn't the narrative that he stepped in when some gay guys were harassed? The bouncer is saying Stokes did the harassing.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
India on the ropes here. 62-5 after 24 overs. England's slip catching has been bad too.

Edit: make it 62-6, Curran gets in on the fun

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I always feel bad for teams that have to bat on rainy days, have to go out, get set, come off, go back out. re-set. Its difficult.

If the rain holds off for the next few days hopefully it will be a test but India have been unlucky and a bit poor when batting today.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Hooping around like anything at the moment; a good toss to win. Still crap at catching, but getting away with it.

Even if they make a decent total tomorrow, England will probably run out of time on Monday though.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
96/9. Good chance England bats tonight.

Don't know about Lords, but the weather here (Essex/Herts border) is going to be 24c and sunny tomorrow so maybe more friendly weather for batting tomorrow.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Woakes was absolutely unplayable. How he only got two wickets is baffling. He had the world's best batsman fishing like a blindman.

Curran's wicket was something special though/

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that Ben Stokes is a very very lucky man. I hope he learns from this.

I also hope he doesn't play in the next match; neither Curran nor Woakes should lose their places.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
I've come to the conclusion that Ben Stokes is a very very lucky man. I hope he learns from this.

I also hope he doesn't play in the next match; neither Curran nor Woakes should lose their places.

Yeah he is a lucky boy. Needs to grow up.

I agree, I think both Curran and Woakes should keep their spots. I bet Stokes will play though, possibly drop the new chap Pope.

Whats the wicket like at Trent bridge? Does it call for a second spinner?

EDIT - I see England are sticking with an unchanged squad for the third test so Stokes isn't playing.

Last edited:

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah he is a lucky boy. Needs to grow up.

I agree, I think both Curran and Woakes should keep their spots. I bet Stokes will play though, possibly drop the new chap Pope.

Whats the wicket like at Trent bridge? Does it call for a second spinner?

EDIT - I see England are sticking with an unchanged squad for the third test so Stokes isn't playing.
It's a seamer's wicket - Anderson has 60 wickets there, Broad 37. Stokes is in the squad, but it'd be silly to play him. Pope deserves his chance for the rest of the series, Stokes is not a 5 or 6. (Famous last words...)

Root is more than capable of being the "second" spinner if necessary (or at least a change or rest bowler), so can't see Moeen getting back in just yet.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Good bowling by England to restrict India; Kohli is let down by too many people at the moment. Bowlers have a good shout to get into England today though - it's going to be cloudy all day today (but also tomorrow).

Also, dare I say it's D-day for Stokes? If he doesn't perform with the bat, why is he playing over Curran?

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
What happened?

Ive been away this weekend but was able to listen to TMS up to India being bowled out for 350 odd yesterday lunchtime.

Just looked at the score this morning.....

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Looking good for India. I guess with so much time left in the match they are just going to pile on the runs.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
520 to win, or 6 sessions...

I fully expect Cook to be out before the end of today. Jennings to get a hard fought 50, thus keeping his place for the next test. The rest to fold like a fat guy punched in the stomach.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
520 to win, or 6 sessions...

I fully expect Cook to be out before the end of today. Jennings to get a hard fought 50, thus keeping his place for the next test. The rest to fold like a fat guy punched in the stomach.

Your ability to curse sportsmen continues to impress - Jennings was out on the 5th ball of the day today wasn't he !!!

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Buttler has done himself the world of good today - another mature innings, hopefully he can stick with it when he's got the gloves.

Stokes stepped up, but he should have done that in the first innings. And all the previous ones too...

India have bowled so much better, a deserved victory in the morning.

*starts rain dance*

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Outside of tests... Worcestershire, la la la... Worcestershire la la la. It's been a long wait, but they've finally made it to T20 finals day. Probably the best one day side they've had in 15 years, as shown by their great run earlier in the season in the 50 over cup.

And I have finals day tickets. Woot.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
May as well have declared after Moeen got out and had a bowl in these conditions. Kohli is going to set up shop in the morning.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Difficult day for England. Could have been worse though. Pleased to see Curran get a few runs, he could be a useful player for England over the next few years.

Credit to India for putting the pressure on early in the day.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Shaping up to be a good day today. If Englands tailenders can add a few more runs India are going to have to bat well.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah probably the right time. He hasnt scored much this series.

Who is going to replace him? England are short of top order batsmen already. Cant just stick Moeen in to open.

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
God knows who they'll have to open. They really havent replaced Strauss let alone seen someone to replace Chef.

Joe Spangle

Nov 1, 2017
Im glad Cook will be playing in this last test, hope he smashes a good 50 or even a 100 to go out in style.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Good graft by Mo (and Cook) yesterday. The rest of them were disappointing to say the least.

Buttler is having a good birthday. There were rumbles of trying him at 3 on pace-friendly pitches, but he's a great 7 to have. Bairstow could do with some runs.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Jadeja is a genuine all rounder, so still lots of work for England to do, but some good bowling so far.

Will be interesting to see how much Anderson gets fined too. I'm going to guess that he calls it a day at the end of next summer.

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
Good graft by Mo (and Cook) yesterday. The rest of them were disappointing to say the least.

Buttler is having a good birthday. There were rumbles of trying him at 3 on pace-friendly pitches, but he's a great 7 to have. Bairstow could do with some runs.

Buttler at 3... jesus christ.

This has really been an excellent series. Maybe the best since 05 Ashes. India really deserve a lot of credit for their performance and conduct. Fantastic.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Im glad Cook will be playing in this last test, hope he smashes a good 50 or even a 100 to go out in style.
0fc.gif