• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Great send off for Cook, he will be sorely missed.

Not sure why England have carried on batting this long (unless they reckon Kohli can get these on his own).

OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I think they'll just pissarse around until the last half an hour of the day then put India in

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
The return of Banana Man!

Australia squad: Tim Paine (capt, wk), Ashton Agar, Brendan Doggett, Aaron Finch, Travis Head, Jon Holland, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne (lols), Nathan Lyon, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Michael Neser, Matthew Renshaw, Peter Siddle, Mitchell Starc
Out: Joe Burns, Glenn Maxwell, Peter Handscomb, Jhye Richardson

Hazelwood and Cummins are injured.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
I don't want to come across all Harrison Ford, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this... 200 in 3 hours is definitely doable...

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Clearly I was worrying over nothing. Rashid bringing out an absolute cracker of a ball, Curran putting it in the right places and Jimmy finishing things off nicely.

All in all, a great series. The batsmen definitely need to knuckle down on the winter tours, but I'm very happy with Curran as one for the future. I think they need to get another bowler in the squad to learn and eventually replace Anderson (and Broad in time); Woakes will come back in, so perhaps he may get the new ball in Sri Lanka.

And Cook will be a huge loss, both in runs and as a team player. He goes out as one of the great openers of the modern era.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
McGrath averaged less overseas than in Australia. I'd consider a 33 average with the ball pretty average really.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
T20 finals day today. Looks to be good weather, and some great players to see. Hoping for a Worcester miracle. Beer in hand.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Worcs 169. Could have been a lot lower but Cox and Barnard have played really well and given a respectable total.

Only problem is Jos Buttler. Damn.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Looks like Australia will play as many as 4 debutants in the opening Pakistan test. Finch and Head are in, renshaw was hit in the head during fielding practice and is very doubful so Labuschagne is likely to play and Michael Nesar is up against Siddle for the 2nd fast bowler spot.

Dec 31, 2017
First page of Warnie's autobiography

oovj93v.jpg

War Peaceman

Oct 28, 2017
The real Warne is way more boring than that. That's always been teh funny thing about him, for all his reputation asa character, he has very little of it.

Oct 25, 2017
As someone who loves leg spin more than most things in life, seeing Labuschagne take wickets with whatever the hell that is supposed to be is upsetting me on a personal level.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice to see Lyon of that list and despite appearances he is only 30, so plenty of years left for him in his career.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Is he the one who took 7 or 8 in the under 21s world cup or similar? He is going to be a terror in the upcoming years.

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
What's everyone's thoughts on the Cricket Australia report into snadpapergate?

My thoughts are they are trying to shift the blame to the administrators so they can fast track Smith and Warner back into the team.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
What's everyone's thoughts on the Cricket Australia report into snadpapergate?

My thoughts are they are trying to shift the blame to the administrators so they can fast track Smith and Warner back into the team.

1. It wasn't an internal report, and I don't know how you could force that result in the terms of reference.

2. I seriously doubt the pricks at CA would be that selfless or clever enough to play nth dimensional chess like that.

From what I've seen, all the recommendations seem like meaningless crap that will be circumvented if they get in the way of winning.

Dec 31, 2017
The Player's Pact is the most lolworthy thing I've read in my life.

The Players' Pact:

We recognise how lucky we are to play this great game.

We respect the game and its traditions.

We want to make all Australians proud.

Compete with us.

Smile with us.

Fight on with us.

Dream with us.

choodi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Australia
1. It wasn't an internal report, and I don't know how you could force that result in the terms of reference.

2. I seriously doubt the pricks at CA would be that selfless or clever enough to play nth dimensional chess like that.

From what I've seen, all the recommendations seem like meaningless crap that will be circumvented if they get in the way of winning.
Players union is already saying they should be reinstated immediately. There is clearly a PR campaign going on to get the players back in and to blame the administrators. Obviously not by CA, but someone behind the scenes is pushing for this.

I mean, fuck CA, it's definitely their fault too, but it's just more evidence of the rotten culture from top to bottom of cricket in Australia right now.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Can someone explain to me how Australia won despite getting less runs in the same amount of overs???

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017