• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

bobnowhere

Oct 26, 2017
Elsewhere for 8 minutes
Arsalan Khawaja (Usman's Brother) charged over alleged UNSW terror hit list, accused of 'framing' colleague

The book contained plans to kill the former prime minister Malcolm Turnbull, his then-deputy Julie Bishop and former speaker Bronwyn Bishop, as well as a blueprint to target train stations and Sydney landmarks such as the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge.
He has been charged with perverting the course of justice and forgery making a document, and has been refused bail.
The ABC understands the allegation against Arsalan Khawaja is not that he intended to carry out a terror attack, but that he framed his colleague, 25-year-old Mohamed Nizamdeen, in a dispute over a woman.

Looks like his brother got the brains.

legend166

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good fight back by Pujara but Australia on top after day one with India at 9-250. That Indian top order wouldn't be happy because the pitch is flat as anything and they all threw their wickets away chasing wide ones.

Window

Oct 27, 2017
I haven't watched a Test game in years and I've gotta say, Ponting's a damn good commentator. Refreshing to hear his thoughts and analysis which goes beyond the usual banality from other commentators who are too often comfortable recounting stories from their glory days.

GestaltGaz

Oct 28, 2017
Anything over 250ish for Australia to chase will be very tough. We need a couple of wickets tomorrow morning. Pujara is playing really well, impressed with him. Everyone else is getting out playing loose shots but he is cool and calm.

Dec 31, 2017
Boban must be real busy with his law studies, not to comment on Yasir Shah's recent feats. I remember on the old forum he posted a hilarious a Golden Girls gif when Yasir took his first 10 for

Window

Oct 27, 2017
They just played that Google Home ad with Brett Lee in his underwear twice in one break. Which other Australian cricketer would be up for that task?

jambo

Oct 25, 2017
Strong start from the Aussies and now everything is starting to crumble.

From 0-112 to 3-134 =\

Window

Oct 27, 2017
Really baffling team selection from India. No spinner to give their fast bowlers a break, provide variety, hedge your bets on the pitch or assist with over rates. Bad bowling as well, Australia's in a good position despite them the batsmen gifting their wickets.

Nov 14, 2017
Been a good test this one. Pitch is looking lively, India down two early wickets with a day and a bit to get 260 odd runs. Australia definitely in front but could get interesting if Kohli sticks around.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, The first match of an England test series. Oh how I've missed you.

(What a crock of shit.)

Doom_Bringer

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Really poor show by New Zealand atm, they used to be good a while ago right?

India is just walking all over them

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Looks like both Australia and New Zealand, who were the top 2 teams last World Cup, are looking weak this time around.

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
What an absolute shambles. I do hope this is a major kick in the arse for them. And they certainly can't afford to keep on gifting teams a 1-0 headstart - eventually someone is going to capitalise and whup us in a series big time.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick post to say I loved today's cricket. Seeing the Stars collapse and lose 7/19 today in the BBL final just brings me joy.

Also, seeing Sri Lanka beat South Africa at home, with 1 wicket remaining is one of the best test match moment I've ever seen and I'm not Sri Lankan.

whatsinaname

Oct 25, 2017
Just a quick post to say I loved today's cricket. Seeing the Stars collapse and lose 7/19 today in the BBL final just brings me joy.

Also, seeing Sri Lanka beat South Africa at home, with 1 wicket remaining is one of the best test match moment I've ever seen and I'm not Sri Lankan.

I missed the SL test, heard about it from my friend. Looked like it was an amazing match.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I guess Glenn Maxwell has been training very smart these days with the way he is playing.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Why? Batsmen shouldn't be able to leave their crease carte blanche. He should be watching the bowler through his action.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
To me, what makes it seem like a bad thing this time, is that it's clear that Jos Buttler was smoking them and Ashwin couldn't think of anyway to get him out besides mankadding him. It wasn't even an egregious example of backing up this time. Ashwin pulled out of his action while Buttler was still in his crease which probably should have made it a dead ball (admittedly an umpiring issue than Ashwin's issue).

I think any batsman of the modern era would get caught by this, which you can argue is a problem that should be fixed, and it's all in the laws of the game, but it still won't make me a fan of someone who does mankad, especially when the show was so good before he pulled this move.

I dunno, it's always been a contentious issue with the game. It seems like a large amount of the cricket community and former players agree this was a bit of a knobhead move.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
To me, what makes it seem like a bad thing this time, is that it's clear that Jos Buttler was smoking them and Ashwin couldn't think of anyway to get him out besides mankadding him. It wasn't even an egregious example of backing up this time. Ashwin pulled out of his action while Buttler was still in his crease which probably should have made it a dead ball (admittedly an umpiring issue than Ashwin's issue).

I think any batsman of the modern era would get caught by this, which you can argue is a problem that should be fixed, and it's all in the laws of the game, but it still won't make me a fan of someone who does mankad, especially when the show was so good before he pulled this move.

I dunno, it's always been a contentious issue with the game. It seems like a large amount of the cricket community and former players agree this was a bit of a knobhead move.

The umpiring issue aside, it seems like Nick Kyrigosis' underarm ace to me - ie a valid exploitation of the opponent's negligence. I don't think legal = ethical either, but I think mankad is unfairly maligned. In every other part of the game that white line is stringently enforced: the bowler's front foot, the wide indicators in limited overs, the inner fielding circle restrictions. This seems analogous to a batsmen pointing out the breach of a fielding restriction but that's not considered a dog act in the same way.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Like what's the difference between this and taking the risk to charge a spinner and getting stumped?

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Are you serious? You don't see the difference?

If buttler is fucking charging out the crease as Ashwin is bowling fine. But he wasn't. If you don't want him to do it just give him a warning and he will stop.

If a batsman on strike charges the bowler you are beating the bat to get that stumping. Mankadding the non striker is just a pathetic move.

Happened in a match I played in and it just fucking ruined the whole game and it was someone on my team that did it. Just warn the guy. If he keeps doing it then fuck him but this just reeks of desperation on Ashwins part and at the highest level of the game players should be setting the right example on how to play the game.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
Are you serious? You don't see the difference?

If buttler is fucking charging out the crease as Ashwin is bowling fine. But he wasn't. If you don't want him to do it just give him a warning and he will stop.

If a batsman on strike charges the bowler you are beating the bat to get that stumping. Mankadding the non striker is just a pathetic move.

Happened in a match I played in and it just fucking ruined the whole game and it was someone on my team that did it. Just warn the guy. If he keeps doing it then fuck him but this just reeks of desperation on Ashwins part and at the highest level of the game players should be setting the right example on how to play the game.

Why does the batsman, who's consciously taking a risk to back up so early, deserve that benefit? In no other situation, except maybe running on the pitch, is the same leeway afforded. If the non-striker notices the the bowler over steps, and they get a wicket, should they just let it go? If the batsmen in a T20 notices that there are too many outside the circle, should they not exploit that and get a no ball plus free hit?

Yeah mankad is considered outside the spirit of the game through tradition, but what about logic?