• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Dan

Dan

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's worlds apart, but when I was playing we were always told to give a warning to the batsman if they were creeping out of their crease..

The other side of it though means that if he was given out, it's in the rule book and that "sportsmanship" might not apply.

bomma man

Oct 25, 2017
I just think that any tradition that's unsupported by much more than an amorphous sense of unease should be closely scrutinised.

Maybe i'm just overly sympathetic to bowlers 🤷🏼‍♂️

Oct 26, 2017
UK
I don't think it has anything to do with bring sympathetic to batsmen and bowlers.

Maybe I'm more sensitive to this stuff because for some reason at the low level I play at people seem to constantly push the limits of the rules to see what they can get away with.

Oct 25, 2017
Mankads are the fucking best because I get to laugh/shake my head at people crying about Mankads.

Watch the ball and stay in your crease until it's left the bowler's hand and you will NEVER be at risk for a Mankad. Simple as that, it's fucking schoolboy stuff.

If I don't get a warning because my back foot drags 6 inches out of the crease playing and missing at a forward defensive to a spinner then the non-striker doesn't get a warning because he's a dopey twat.

Miss me with that spirit of cricket bullshit when bowlers appeal for LBW when they know the batsman has nicked it and batsmen refuse to walk when they know they've smashed the cover off the ball.

"Not walking isn't cheating, it's the umpire's job to make a decision" Yeah and it's your job to stay behind that great big line painted on the ground.

Give me more Mankads.

EDIT: Also, Shane Warne was whinging about it and he's a stupid, self-aggrandising cunt who is wrong about everything that isn't the technical details of bowling legspin so that is empirical proof that Mankads are great.

Finally, look at this:

That is fucking hilarious.

Last edited:

Browny

Oct 25, 2017
With the English 50 over cup under way, we're seeing a lot of 350 plus scores. Definitely seems that 7.5 rpo is the new 6... should make for a very entertaining World Cup!