• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Mollymauk

Oct 27, 2017
Jesus Christ. I am 100% certain that the owner's manual tells you to NOT try to cut with the tip, because of exactly this reason (kickback). All of the safety videos that I watched prior to using my chainsaw when I got it said the same damn thing.
When I was in elementary school our principal nearly decapitated himself doing this. He was attempting to cut down a buckrail fence around the school and hit himself in the neck from kickback. Somehow he missed his jugular and survived. This was during school hours too.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
When I was in elementary school our principal nearly decapitated himself doing this. He was attempting to cut down a buckrail fence around the school and hit himself in the neck from kickback. Somehow he missed his jugular and survived. This was during school hours too.

Oh man. There is a tool for every job, and THAT job calls for a reciprocating saw and a shovel.

Westbahnhof

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austria
I am currently walking to a friend's house, listening to the "new releases" Spotify playlist.
Got hit with this:

Don't know bout you, but I physically cringed

shadow_shogun

Oct 25, 2017

@CNN
A woman went to the doctor with what she thought was water sloshing around in her left ear. But water doesn't have eight legs, pincers and a venomous bite.

Doctors pulled a venomous brown recluse spider out of her ear. https://cnn.it/2zfq1Dw
c41d9d3b0943cd642a7f5cc0930a13fb.gif

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I remember back when I was young, they used to do lice checks in school. And kids caught with it were given turpentine baths in class.